Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Sat May 15, 2021 8:54 pm

Very true, you make a good point!

Another thing I havent considered is that development on these figures and release dates are probably already pretty much finalized before all the sales data is actually accounted for.
johngomez
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 15, 2021 11:15 pm

50th Obi-Wan is back on Amazon @ 19.99 (warehouse options for 18.39) -

https://amzn.to/2QkZjFI

-- product page says $42 but in the "other sellers" list the Amazon proper link is working for the normal price.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 3:56 am

johngomez wrote:

-- product page says $42 but in the "other sellers" list the Amazon proper link is working for the normal price.
Yeah, it's gone now. Hopefully some Star Wars fans were able to grab them before the [email protected]#$ scalpers swooped in.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 4:13 am

Clone Wars exclusives were found in a New Mexico Target. No street date. Looks like just Hawk was found so far.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 4:55 am

drkknght64 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 3:56 am
johngomez wrote:

Yeah, it's gone now. Hopefully some Star Wars fans were able to grab them before the [email protected]#$ scalpers swooped in.
Back up again.

Also the Target R5-P8 for less than it was at Target.

https://amzn.to/3yexeRD
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 7:39 am

Roufuss wrote:Clone Wars exclusives were found in a New Mexico Target. No street date. Looks like just Hawk was found so far.
There was supposed to be a street date. My friend works at Target and when he checked the DPCI it was the 23rd. But they didn't have them anywhere around here yet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 8:06 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:39 am
Roufuss wrote:Clone Wars exclusives were found in a New Mexico Target. No street date. Looks like just Hawk was found so far.
There was supposed to be a street date. My friend works at Target and when he checked the DPCI it was the 23rd. But they didn't have them anywhere around here yet.

Here’s the Instagram post complete with DPCI, no street date issues reported:

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 8:30 am

I'm wondering if it's not register locked. I've read some street dates go by unnoticed by the registers from time to time. Even Hasbro alluded to them being on the 23rd. But that wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't surprise me if people complained at the register if there was any. Some managers let it go. Others don't. The manager at the store my friend works at would flip a tit if they hit the shelves early there. Which is kinda bad for me lol.Image

docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 8:36 am

Question for anyone who has Crosshair - is there something that plugs into his left forearm? I just noticed there's a plug/gap in his gauntlet (where Hunter's knife-holder slots in, actually) and now I'm kind of losing my mind wondering if I threw a piece out or not. I have zero memory of there ever being anything in that spot. So weird.

(Hunter might be my favorite addition to SW canon since... okay fine it hasn't been that long, like since Grogu, but still, I am a huge Hunter fan and did not expect to get this emotionally invested in a Rambo parody.)
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 9:49 am

docsilence wrote:
Question for anyone who has Crosshair - is there something that plugs into his left forearm? I just noticed there's a plug/gap in his gauntlet (where Hunter's knife-holder slots in, actually) and now I'm kind of losing my mind wondering if I threw a piece out or not. I have zero memory of there ever being anything in that spot. So weird.

(Hunter might be my favorite addition to SW canon since... okay fine it hasn't been that long, like since Grogu, but still, I am a huge Hunter fan and did not expect to get this emotionally invested in a Rambo parody.)
Mine didn't come with anything to fill that hole, and I watched a review before I purchased mine, and his did not come with anything to fill that hole. I think Hasbro re-used Hunters arm, and just left the gap that Hunters sheath would fill.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 2:18 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:06 am
Here’s the Instagram post complete with DPCI, no street date issues reported:

While the register doesn't have it street dated I bet they have a shelf date in the system. So while this New Mexico Target mistakenly put them out early, if you go to a store who still has them in the back and ask for them I bet they tell you it's street dated. I rarely see employees who know the difference between the street and shelf date fields.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 4:56 pm

christianpyro wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:49 am
docsilence wrote:

Mine didn't come with anything to fill that hole, and I watched a review before I purchased mine, and his did not come with anything to fill that hole. I think Hasbro re-used Hunters arm, and just left the gap that Hunters sheath would fill.
Thanks. I'm usually pretty fastidious about removing figures from the package and was wondering if I accidentally ripped off part of his gauntlet removing him from the package.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 7:37 pm

Obi-Wan found in NY in the electronics collectors section.

eBay has listings for Anakin and Obi-Wan from Ohio.

Starting to trickle out it seems.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 9:27 pm

One of the guys on the Wfigs board found around fifteen Obi-Wans by the Pops in NY. That's a pretty good number.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 10:05 pm

So this those four Clone Wars exclusives could be in four different places--the Men's department, electronics, toys, or still in the back? That's frustrating.

I wouldn't mind as much if they also hadn't changed their public web API so that you can't see store inventory until release day. If they're going to release them early sometimes anyway, and they're going to seemingly-randomly vary their location in stores, then...well...that's a bunch of horse-hockey. :evil: At least if we could know they're there via Popfindr we could just chase them down once we get there, but wow, not only are we flying blind, we don't even know which airport we're landing in and have no way to find out until we get there. :?

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”