Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed May 12, 2021 5:40 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:17 pm
supreme-d wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:27 pm
Akatsuki wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:44 pm

Same here! I want that version of him now, too.
Not so much a spoiler as speculation, but
Spoiler! :
The dark armor with green accents reminds me of the Deathtroopers in Rogue One. Maybe there is a connection? I seem to recall that the Deathtroopers were supposedly the subject to genetic modifications
Spoiler! :
I saw speculation elsewhere that he is what leads to the Deathtroopers, but I could see the elite squad being the first step between the two.

My enduring inability to ever find the neat new trooper figures has made me reflexively forget they exist. That makes a lot of sense though.

I’m just realizing that as an original Dark Forces fan, I’m going to be really pissed when the Mandalorian show’s Dark Troopers are finally released in the Black Series.

In other figure news, after some weird Target app shenanigans I had the opportunity to get 3 of the relatively new deluxe Boba Fett figures today. Given my luck with figure hunting, the experience felt unreal.

I really like the figure, but the weird knees annoy me. The kneepad being slightly above the bend isn’t the problem, but the fact that the shin looks too short when the leg is bent. Still, I prefer the size, coloring, details, articulation, and accessories of this figure to my older Black Series wave 2 version of Boba Fett.
Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 12, 2021 4:25 pm

What's the consensus on the 50th anniversary Amazon Kenobi? Is it done already? I never saw it for retail. My Greedos are arriving today but I've been hoping to get Kenobi. I've never seen it go lower than $40.

I guess I missed it?

EDIT // apparently it has gone up, twice ?! Man, I am slacking.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 1:34 am

I know you're joking, but that is such a sad mindset for a consumer. That Hasbro encourages that makes me sad.
Preacherpool
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 13, 2021 3:32 am

I didn't put Greedo in my cart because I just assumed those Amazon exclusives would stick around and I'd buy it whenever. The Global UK store had him for $33. But if I'm going to receive a smashed-up package from overseas I'd rather buy a smashed-up warehouse deal for less than $20.
MickJohnson
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu May 13, 2021 4:49 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:08 pm
I know the Bad Batch clones are genetic variants, but has there been an explanation in any show featuring them as to why Tech and Crosshair don't look much like Jango Fett whereas the others do? I guess we just assume their facial features diverged from the prototype DNA along with everything else that did?
This post I saw on Facebook was drawn in a more realistic style using Tem Morrison as the basis (as he should be) and really helped me see the likenesses better.

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 9:20 am

That is so awesome!
Benedict
CROM!

Thu May 13, 2021 5:25 pm

Kind of assumed the Bad Batch look a bit more divergent from Tem, more like brothers or cousins than just clones.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 11:28 pm

I got a shipping notification from Dorkside for Kir Kanos.
johngomez
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 13, 2021 11:34 pm

Amazon finally delivered my long-delayed Moff Gideon - what an amazing figure! Tried to plug the cape in, but the overlay is misaligned with the hole so it won't go in at all -- argh. Thought it could be shifted but there is some industrial glue holding it in place.

At least my Kenner-colors Greedo arrived with the white mailer box almost shredded but the figure card and bubble surprisingly unharmed. Still smarting from the crushed LFL 50th Obi-Wan bubble staring out from my wall.
DIGITALSELF
Super Poseable

Fri May 14, 2021 12:19 am

MickJohnson wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:49 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:08 pm
I know the Bad Batch clones are genetic variants, but has there been an explanation in any show featuring them as to why Tech and Crosshair don't look much like Jango Fett whereas the others do? I guess we just assume their facial features diverged from the prototype DNA along with everything else that did?
This post I saw on Facebook was drawn in a more realistic style using Tem Morrison as the basis (as he should be) and really helped me see the likenesses better.

Very cool!
SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 14, 2021 1:01 am

Looks like GameStop is shipping out the deluxe Cal Kestis soon....just got a charge for it on my card and an email

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jcmmavsfan
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Is there a DCPI for the Target exclusive Clone Wars figures?
supermonkey
teh awsum

Fri May 14, 2021 3:29 pm

johngomez wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:34 pm
Amazon finally delivered my long-delayed Moff Gideon - what an amazing figure! Tried to plug the cape in, but the overlay is misaligned with the hole so it won't go in at all -- argh. Thought it could be shifted but there is some industrial glue holding it in place.

At least my Kenner-colors Greedo arrived with the white mailer box almost shredded but the figure card and bubble surprisingly unharmed. Still smarting from the crushed LFL 50th Obi-Wan bubble staring out from my wall.
Any time I get something intact from Amazon, I praise the Maker.
Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 14, 2021 4:00 pm

Jcmmavsfan wrote:
Yakface has them up on the site's master list.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 4:45 pm

Mannie_Bothans wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:00 pm
Jcmmavsfan wrote:
Yakface has them up on the site's master list.

When you find them note that they're not active yet. This year it seems that Target has started making new DPCIs hidden to the public until after the shelf/street date hits, so hopefully you can look up these DPCIs starting release day.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”