Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Benedict
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed May 05, 2021 2:25 am

Kept waiting to see how Echo would put on his helmet in the Bad Batch, and another character stood in the way. That’s gonna bother me.
JTMarsh
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 05, 2021 2:37 am

TickTockClock wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:41 pm
I just realized the coruscant shock trooper is Walmart exclusive. "My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined."

Fortunately I found nothing I need or even mildly want from this release. A blessing in disguise given Exclusipalooza.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 4:16 am

Wasn't sure if ShopDisney actually had Apprentice Maul and Carnor Jax in stock, but I already got shipping notification from UPS. Weird. Guess I'll cancel the Pulse order for those two. I'm happy to wait for Luke and Jaxxon for a few months, but pretty psyched to get these two in a few days.
Preacherpool
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 05, 2021 4:34 am

I want the figures but I'm also hoping the exclusivity is limited to the helmet design cards. They're nice but I'm not personally attached to that packaging.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 6:09 am

A boycott would be a good idea, but wont work because there’s no way to enforce it and some collectors are greedy. That said, the idea that complaining about the issues on the internet is not a useful endeavor is out of touch with how digital outreach works. A few dozen people on twitter can have a dramatically amplified effect these days. Collectors (especially the ones with popular youtube channels) can affect the line through social media engagement and sustained messaging about how the failures to make the product available are souring collectors to the line. The problem is they dont all have a unified coherent message, and some of us collectors are content with saying “it is what it is” once they get their own personal fix.

Also, there are plenty of us who just stop engaging once a line gets difficult to find. I personally refuse to pay more than 25% above retail to get a figure from eBay, so if a figure doesn’t show up on Amazon or in store I just stop caring. That’s why I stopped getting MCU figures. That’s why I dont support the Classified line unless I see it in stores. It’s why I gave up on the Black Series twice now since wave 1. It’s why I’ve impulse bought some things I originally had no interest in (Mezco One:12 and some NECA horror stuff). They were available, and the things I’ve gone to the store to find were not.

Only difference is that lately I’ve exercised more discipline and stopped even doing the impulse buys, because the difficulty finding these things is not worth the trip and I dont want to reward the company for bad practices. If Hasbro wants to keep playing this exclusive game, I’m just going to give up. I’m willing to bet I’m not the only person who feels this way.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 6:16 am

I'd really like to get the Clone Wars Anakin. I'm betting that he'll probably be the easiest of these Target figures to find, so I'm not too worried about it. If I can't get it now, maybe they'll re-release him later.

But to be clear, my laid back attitude is just a coping mechanism for the new collecting reality of all of these exclusives. Over the past few months, I've fully transitioned to being a casual collector. I've stopped buying figures on any regular basis, and I've given up "collecting lines," even Marvel Legends. If there's something I want, and I can order it or find it in a store without any significant effort, I'll get it. If not, I can live without it. Like supreme-d said above, I've just stopped regularly engaging with Hasbro stuff because it became too stressful. I've accepted that all of these exclusives are just part of "the game" now, and I'm buying far fewer figures because of it. And I'm so much happier.
Evil Monkey Pope
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 05, 2021 6:33 am

Wasn't there supposed to be an unmasked Enfys Nest without the swoop?
The Ghost
CROM!

Wed May 05, 2021 10:34 am

I live in Western Australia, have a limited budget and putting my two kids through school costs me $$$. Urgh.

Yet, somehow, I've not really missed out on any Black Series figure. Sometimes its patience. Sometimes its just spending a bit more than you'd like. But there's been a window for every single item and I can't just rely on finding them in store. Its hit and miss at retail here.

If I can source them, in what is the most isolated capital city in the world, anyone can.

Now, if we're talking WWE figures... try living in that world. Great if you want modern stars re-released every few waves, but if you're into classic stars... they make them their own exclusive US only line or make them chase figures. That is a nightmare.
Gambitfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 10:39 am

Ordered Clone Wars Obi-Wan. Need to track down the Clone Commander Obi-Wan now lol.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 10:58 am

supreme-d wrote:A boycott would be a good idea, but wont work because there’s no way to enforce it and some collectors are greedy. That said, the idea that complaining about the issues on the internet is not a useful endeavor is out of touch with how digital outreach works. A few dozen people on twitter can have a dramatically amplified effect these days. Collectors (especially the ones with popular youtube channels) can affect the line through social media engagement and sustained messaging about how the failures to make the product available are souring collectors to the line. The problem is they dont all have a unified coherent message, and some of us collectors are content with saying “it is what it is” once they get their own personal fix.

Also, there are plenty of us who just stop engaging once a line gets difficult to find. I personally refuse to pay more than 25% above retail to get a figure from eBay, so if a figure doesn’t show up on Amazon or in store I just stop caring. That’s why I stopped getting MCU figures. That’s why I dont support the Classified line unless I see it in stores. It’s why I gave up on the Black Series twice now since wave 1. It’s why I’ve impulse bought some things I originally had no interest in (Mezco One:12 and some NECA horror stuff). They were available, and the things I’ve gone to the store to find were not.

Only difference is that lately I’ve exercised more discipline and stopped even doing the impulse buys, because the difficulty finding these things is not worth the trip and I dont want to reward the company for bad practices. If Hasbro wants to keep playing this exclusive game, I’m just going to give up. I’m willing to bet I’m not the only person who feels this way.
My experience is similar. Except I've probably overindulged in other stuff. But I've found it to be more fun collecting things I can find without much hassle. I've learned missing out isn't so bad afterall. This hobby can have the bad tendency to be more about chasing what you don't have rather than enjoying what you do have.
MankindRam
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 05, 2021 12:53 pm

I see Jaxxon and Luke in stock today on shopDisney. First time I’ve seen anywhere have Luke. Ordered the three I wanted and now don’t have to wait for Pulse.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 1:02 pm

Yeah just ordered maul and jaxxon from their as well
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 1:46 pm

Y'know, I checked three times to make sure Disney didn't have all four before ordering yesterday. I swear they do this on purpose to get you to shop from them twice in the same week. (Happens with their Toybox figures pretty often.) I'm one of the fools with a Pulse Premium membership and I'm not sure I'm willing to pay shipping twice for the same wave, though I'm super interested in that Luke. Probably just wait for Pulse to ship for Jaxxon and Luke since I already switched my order for Carnor and Maul. Totally would've gotten all four yesterday if they were there.
TickTockClock
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed May 05, 2021 2:43 pm

So if, and a big IF, the clone wars POs go up today. It'll be at 2 CST right? (Also I could have sworn that someone told me the official team confirmed it in the stream's chat.)
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed May 05, 2021 3:10 pm

It is 1 ET isn’t it. That would be 12 CST.

Yak face seemed to indicate Target was being more obtuse so they weren’t confident when or if their product was going to be offered. Said Walmart will do their own thing around 1. They felt GameStop was going to be the best reliable preorder option.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”