What do I do with all these comics!?

Show us your Collections!
Guardianmonkey
Runs Around in Tights

What do I do with all these comics!?

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:15 pm

I was an avid comic collector in my teens, long ago transitioning to digital and trades. But I've got 27 long boxes and a mighty need to have these stored in a better fashion.

I bought a few Drawer Boxes but they are no solution. Despite their claims, they all warped within just a few months of minimal use (meaning they were stacked and only opened/closed maybe 4 times in total).

I've looked around and it looks like my best bet will be some sort of custom piece of furniture. It's easy to take for granted just how much these books weigh so that's an extra consideration that looms large.

I have a specific "reading room" in my home that will house the eventual solution. I toyed with the idea of using a trundle bed, allowing for some sort of extra seating that doubled as storage. Once I actually looked at such things, I realized that was stupid and I wanted to feature the comics, not just hide them away.

So anybody have any suggestions? How have fellow comic collectors dealt with this particular problem? I'm open to any and all help with figuring this out!

Return to “Collections Archives”