Touch not, lest ye be touched.

Show us your Collections!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Touch not, lest ye be touched.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:42 pm

Might as well make my own thread!

Got some new additions (SS86 Hot Rod & ER Megatron), so I redid my TF shelves in one of the Detolfs:

Still debating whether or not I want to re-hang the Seekers/Coneheads with those twist ties, especially since I have no idea where I'd put Thrust without him blocking half of everyone.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Touch not, lest ye be touched.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:38 pm

Alright, more actual Collection, instead of just Transformer shelves, lol.

Though, let's update those, shall we?

Got the WfC Lambo Twins, and REALLY like them, so wanted to make room for them, and hung at least TC/SW back up on the Cons shelf (and snuck Pteraxadon back in as well):
Prime Arcee stands in as my canon Chromia & Shattered Glass Drift is Knock Out (from Prime, lol). And I customized Dead Prime into Nemesis, because I am obsessed with this Earthrise mold, and didn't feel like getting Siege NP.

The top shelf of the Detolf is my Empire/First Order/Sith, who just got the addition of Moff Gideon:
I might get Threeps to make me another riser, where I can elevate Snoke & his throne up, and fit more figures towards the back of the case. At least fill the hole with Stormtroopers, so I can make more room for the unique characters. Also, my fanon character of TLJ Phasma with both quicksilvers & minus the cape is named "Pyke" (along with Phasma & Pyre). I'm thinking male, brawler type. And Robo's review of Dark Rey definitely makes me want to add her here.

Bottom shelf are my Harleys:
Always been a huge fan of the O.G., and I really love Robbie's depiction as well.

Top shelf on the display next to the Detolf are my GBs, mostly Plasma, with DST Terror Dogs & lenticular rooftop backdrop, Threeps' Vigo, and Ectotron.

Next shelf down is the Lightning Collection, where I treat Drakkon & Green Ranger as different characters, because even if I buy repeat looks, I typically don't display the same character more than once. But I wanted more villains before KS/PR were released (I still don't have them, and am unsure if even removing the extra Tommys will provide the space needed).

Below that are most of my DB Figuarts (ignore the chronological inconsistency with child Chi-Chi - I just got her, and wanted to include her, haha).
Can't wait for the new Gohan to replace this static figurine!

And under that are my Q Figs, except Star-Lord & Rocket who are in my bedroom Guardians setup, Goodfeathers who broke & need fixing, Pinky & Brain who are in their habitat, and the Turtles who will show up further down.
I would love to be a completist in this line, but I got into it late, too many are hard/expensive to get, and the new ones keep getting more & more expensive. Plus, they take up a fair amount of space.

"80's Cartoons" until I get more Thundercats or Bucky O'Hare to where they can't share space anymore.
I'm a little worried about Mumm-Ra's cape being next to the window like that. :|

Classified Joes. I'm not intending to keep Beef Boss or Sarah Connor there permanently, but the shelf is feeling kind of empty (would love to get at least one C.I. Viper), and didn't have better places to put them at the moment. Shang Chi is absolutely there intentionally as Quick Kick.

I started off getting one or two Toony Terrors, and decided I wanted all in, as I am a horror fan, but am definitely more into animated style than super realism. By far the easiest line to catch up on, despite coming in extremely late. I haven't found any more of the new ones beyond Sam, but the older ones are still very easy to come by at MSRP.

Top of the Detolf is a literal mishmash of random characters I like.
I do have all the Dogma figures, but with limited space just wanted Bartleby on display for now, since I love winged characters. I have the matching Poe figure to go with Billy Shakes, but loved when Funko released theirs (still trying to get the one with the Raven for a reasonable price, though), and am hoping William gets at least one as well. HEY, FUNKO, SEE SOMETHING MISSING FROM MY RESCUE RANGERS COLLECTION!?

The bookcase next door has some more DC stuff.

I'm a Lex fan, as well as CW Flash (and didn't have a better place for Manhattan's Vinimate lol).

Yes, I need to dust everything. I wanted to get some more pictures in this thread while I still had sunlight, and didn't feel like full spring cleaning, lol. DCEU:
I really hope Bandai or Medicom (preferably the latter) can do CW figures, because I really want a good Gustin Flash. I don't hate the Soap one, but I wouldn't have gotten it if there had been a better option (all of the Mattel ones not only look terrible, but aren't articulated enough for a running pose). Plus, he's bigger than the Mafex Justice League (though that Mattel Black Manta is PHENOMENAL). I'd like to add a few more villains & cobble together my ideal joker between Ledger/Leto pieces, but...money, expensive, poor.

I LIKE FIGUARTS SAGAT. I don't want him taller, because that doesn't look realistic. I don't get everyone wanting him to be twice the size of everyone else. He's taller than Ryu, he's tall enough for me. But he is way too orange, lol.
I couldn't get the lighting to not hide Akuma (and let's be honest, pictures with flash tend to look awful).

A few more horror characters:
I'd love a couple more nurses, but...*broken record*

I'm not a huge Pop person, but there are quite a few that I like. I try to rotate them, as I have quite a bit in storage that won't appear here right now.

Quick look at my X-Men Legends. I'll do a more focused look later.
But I'm very proud of my BAMF clouds using Figuarts Star-Lord's weird pink explosions. Especially the one up underneath the top shelf.

QmX makes some great figurines, it'd be cool if they got into the action figure game.

Random Rick & Morty stuff:

LOST is like my favorite thing ever, and while I have all of McFarlane's line, they're in storage. Life really got tough for displays when I moved from a three bedroom house with an attic & basement to a one bedroom apartment. Also, if you can't tell from my avatar, I'm bald & white, so I tend to like bald white characters, lol.

More Pops:

The next bookcase on the other side of the TV, anime/video games with the best Star Wars Unleashed ever made (and another EAP cameo):

Just a random little cubby:
I am so pissed my unicorn's horn broke (and the piece is so microscopic, even if I didn't lose it to the Carpet Monster, there's no way I could've glued it back on). There's no way I can replace it, as that DVD set was expensive when it first came out, I [email protected] sure am not going to be able to track an extra down now for this one piece.

Some more random anime stuff:
I don't really know much about Kinnikuman, but I grew up with those two M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, so when I was able to get the Figuarts cheap, I bit. HEY, BANDAI, SEE SOMETHING MISSING FROM MY LUPIN III COLLECTION!?

Sailors:
Sailor Moon & Ronin Warriors were my first introduction (they aired back to back) to anime that made me fall in love with the art style. Still trying to figure out how to afford the Sentinel RWs...

Some anime girls:
There was no way for me to get Ryūko in focus without losing the rest of them, and didn't feel like taking two photos of the same display, lol.

The stuff in front of them:

The TMNT Q Figs with my Turtle Power print & Threeps' decoprint using 2003 art (I think?) behind them:
Yes, that is the top of my air conditioner lol.

NECA Hensonverse:

NECA Toon, Vintage Playmates (with TRU reissues & actual vintage), and the WIP of Super7, lol:

New Mattel Dino-Riders with JP Amber (and Nico, because I want her whole team, but Old Lace specifically):

My "robot" shelf:
And yes, that is the transformable Splinter/Turtle van from my childhood, hence paintwear & missing stickers.

Some Funko Mystery Minis & MegaConstrux Turtles:
Trying to get the missing R&M ones.

I took all of these photos about an hour ago, but turned on my "dining nook" & kitchen lights to help these better, as they're on the opposite wall as the windows, so they look a little yellow. :|

Tolkien & Lanterns (with some Hectors & the Iron Throne):
Yes, Gollum is my favorite. I have SO MANY more Lanterns (mostly DCUC with some DCC accents) that I would love to put back out some day.

I'm just gonna push my religion on you for a second:
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
A newer display, so I want to fill it out a little more here & there.

The best Spawn "figure" ever made, flanked by some classic art (man, I wish I had at least Vitruvian Man & Winged Victory, too), Hellboy, AvP, and other random things I like:
Mods, should I have censored David & Venus? And yes, I still have my Christmas lights up. I took everything else down, but have been enjoying their ambience at night, and totally believe non-holiday light decorations should be a year round thing.

Mandalorians:
I've decided the original brown version is my Din Djarin (I even swapped the unmaskable head onto him), and I'll be troop building the Beskar versions as they release new ones (so I'm not going to bother actually "troop building" individual figures, just getting each new version they release & counting them as "troops" lol). I totally want more carbonite prisoners, too. I should have Donald Duck in storage, and wanna check out where Robo got his Mythrol.

Aliens & Droids:

Clones & [email protected]$$ women:

Another mishmosh:
I love werewolves, gorillas, Battle Cat, Toothless, etc.

And (with the glaring omission of my MCU Detolf) that is my current Living Room/Dining Nook display. I'm kind of packing up my bedroom toys as I'm hoping to get out of this apartment this year, but I'll share some pics later, especially after Hot Toys Nebula arrives to join the rest of my Guardians.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:20 pm

Nice collection! So many different things. I really like it.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:36 am

Thanks so much! Yeah, having so many interests gets expensive, lol.

I would love to be able to afford to live in a house again, as I have so much stuff in storage. I don't want to get rid of it, because I both like to rotate my displays, and would also love to display it all someday, but some purchases barely get opened before going straight into a bin. Makes me feel bad. :|
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:19 pm

Debated sharing this until I at least got Jameson (he's paid for in my PoL), but I'm waiting on Super7 Ultimates before shipping, so here's my Spider-Verse shelf for now after getting Miles (and giving him comic Miles' hands):

I'd eventually like to do the ML/Nendo combo for Spider-Ham, but I clearly have neither to do so at the moment, lol.

And I really regret getting rid of Lasher & Spider-Punk (if only to give Miles his shoes).
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:23 am

Of course, I grabbed Frog-Man today, but don't know where to put him. Oh well. This shelf is in my bedroom, and like I mentioned, I want to start packing up to prepare to move in 4-5 months, so I might not need to worry.

Finally got some Red Ninjas!
This is it for them. I didn't want more than two.

Sure would be nice to have some more Cobras or maybe at least one or two Vipers, Hasbro... *stares daggers*

Also snagged a Count Dooku finally, and grabbed two more Stormtroopers, because why not? Haha
Subby
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:07 pm

Very nice!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:07 am

Thanks!

JJJ arrived, and is already demanding pictures of Spider-Man, so I had to oblige:

Of course, Spider-Verse Gwen has shipped from Pulse, so there's gonna be more updates to this very shortly, lol...
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:11 pm

I really love seeing your collection; it looks like your interests are as varied as mine, ha ha. It's kind of a curse, no? I always wished I was one of those people who were into just one property. Think of all the money I'd (probably save). But then... it just seems so boring. Can I blame Adult ADHD? :rolleyes: (Anyways, I appreciate you sharing. It's always neat to see how other collectors are able to creatively arrange and display things. :mrgreen: )
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:05 pm

Thanks! Haha, yeah, it would certainly be a lot cheaper for sure, lol.

Snagged a moderately priced Spider-Ham, so while I have a Toybox Venom body on its way for Pork Grind, there's not going to be any room for him currently, so this'll be my Spider-Verse display until I pack it up!

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:12 pm

Rangers with Rocky & Aisha (still need an extra - or non-Walgreens - Black & Green Zeo for Adam's head):
I have Pumpkin Rapper & King Sphinx, but there's no room, clearly.

Updated NECA Toony:

Since the line is dead, I guess this is my full & incomplete Bucky O'Hare collection...

Got my last Goon:
I only wanted 6, but when one came with two of the same leg, and they told me to keep it while they sent me a new one, and then the new one's elbow broke (so I obviously swapped the broken arm onto the double leg), I "had" to get an eighth, since odd numbers bother me unless there's a clear defined "squad leader" lol. Ah, OCD... (Also pulled Toy Biz Deathstrike down in preparation for Hasbro's!)

Dark Rey & one last Stormtrooper (I would love a bigger army, but there is literally no more room for a single extra figure in that case, lol):
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:26 am

Nice, dude! I like the mix shelves! I wish my OCD would allow that

Return to “Collections Archives”