Toys are great but what about comics?

Show us your Collections!
Guardianmonkey
Runs Around in Tights

Toys are great but what about comics?

Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:33 pm

I've got a few thousand comics in my collection, though I haven't really been able to look at them much over the years. They are in 20+ longboxes, stacked in various configurations. I've been looking for a better, more long term solution but have come up mostly empty. The DrawerBoxes I've tried in the past did not live up to the hype at all, many of them deforming from minimal use. I want to move beyond simple cardboard boxes but some of the custom solutions (like Comics Cube) seem very overpriced for what you get.

Any suggestions? I was thinking of having something custom built but I don't have any real starting point!
CO_Alex
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Toys are great but what about comics?

Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:43 pm

My brother started collecting comics back in the early/mid 80’s and has about 70 of the long comic boxes. A few years ago we built a massive shelf to store them in his basement. He stopped collecting new issues a few years back and now only buys older issues on eBay so his collection is no longer growing as it once was. When he moved to his other house he finished his basement and had the contractors build him a huge three tiered shelf like we built at his other house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
badguy543
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Toys are great but what about comics?

Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:32 pm

I always thought of my comics collection as being huge but I am not so sure anymore after I purchased a big metal file cabinet for them. The cabinet is meant to be used for "hanging" folders and is about 4 feet tall and 6 feet wide. It was one of the first things I bought for my new house and I paid less than $20 for it when my company moved from our old building to the new one. My collection from the 90's barely scratches the surface of the space, but I have not found a good way to organize it yet. The cabinet is all metal and is definitely from either the 70's or 80's with the auto latching drawers to the heavy ass doors don't fly out and damage people or things while its being moved around. maybe something along those lines or even on of the taller ones that are common in legal offices etc.

Return to “Collections Archives”