Detolf Black background

Show us your Collections!
Paulx
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Detolf Black background

Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:48 am

I'd like to put a black background in my detolf. Do you have any suggest? Which material I have to use?
Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-G980F utilizzando Tapatalk

MaxPower
Customized

Re: Detolf Black background

Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:17 pm

I used poster foam board that I bought from Dollar Tree for you guessed it … $1.
You'll have to cut it to size. I think I used three pieces for one Detolf. Its flat black so it doesn't reflect LEDs, which is great.
I took the top off the Detolf and slid the cut parts down slowly and carefully so as to not damage the foam board.

They work great for me.
prodigeek
HULK SMASH!

Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:32 am

I used a black, velvet fabric. It stretched, and I pulled it between the glass and the top/bottom wood pieces (just loosing the screws, slip the fabric through, then re-tighten). It worked great.

There are multiple colors available (I used mostly black, though the blue and green were nice in specific displays).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RV ... UTF8&psc=1
AboveAverageJoe
I wish I had super powers

Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

prodigeek wrote:
I used a black, velvet fabric. It stretched, and I pulled it between the glass and the top/bottom wood pieces (just loosing the screws, slip the fabric through, then re-tighten). It worked great.

There are multiple colors available (I used mostly black, though the blue and green were nice in specific displays).
Dope setup, there.
AdamSW79
Here comes a new challenger!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:00 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:17 pm
I used poster foam board that I bought from Dollar Tree for you guessed it … $1.
You'll have to cut it to size. I think I used three pieces for one Detolf. Its flat black so it doesn't reflect LEDs, which is great.
I took the top off the Detolf and slid the cut parts down slowly and carefully so as to not damage the foam board.

They work great for me.
What were the measurements on the foam board? Wanting to make sure I'm right before I cut.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:43 pm

prodigeek wrote:

Great display! Are these standard Detolfs? I'm moving in a few weeks and want to get glass displays instead of just having my figures on bookshelves.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:02 pm

Detolfs have me intrigued...I like the depth to the shelves. I wish they came in double wide sizes though. That would be the kicker to get me to pull the trigger.

I would think foamies would work the best as a backdrop. You can get them pretty cheap at most craft stores in a variety of thicknesses.

Return to “Collections Archives”