Overcrowded Shelves: my Collection - video on 2nd page

Show us your Collections!
ferdera1
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Overcrowded Shelves: Calbretto's Collection -Oct 13th update

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:43 pm

you should put a Daredevil in with the turtles, as, "So, what started on a whim as a joke became a hit, even though it was for the most part a really big rip-off of Frank Miller’s work on Daredevil. Splinter gets his name from Daredevil’s mentor, Stick. The Foot Clan received their name from Daredevil’s nemesis, The Hand (Clan). They even tied in the TMNT’s origin to Daredevil’s, implying that the same chemical spill that transformed Matt Murdock also mutated the Turtles." http://thenoisingmachine.wordpress.com/ ... 1984-1995/ is where i found that quote, but have heard it many times over the years from friends of mine who were into the RPG and original comics. So you could throw in some hand ninjas to ;)

edit*
It wasn't a rip off as much as a spoof, I was just lazy so copy and pasted. And it supposedly is shown as Matt Murdock being the kid carrying the turtles home as pets when the accident happens and he drops them, I could be remembering that wrong though...
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel

Re: Overcrowded Shelves: Calbretto's Collection -Oct 13th up

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:10 pm

I've been meaning to update this thread for over a year.
Here's a quick photo of my New X-Men set-up.

Calbretto

Re: Overcrowded Shelves: Calbretto's Collection - quick upda

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:38 am

I work as a graphic designer for a security company. I've been helping out with some instructional and promotional videos lately and I came up with an idea that could showcase my figure collection. It was really an excuse to show off my stuff... but the video turned out nicely. Although it reminded me that I'm not a very good actor... and I need to lose a lot of weight. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulGv4HCI ... re=mh_lolz
snowman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Overcrowded Shelves: my Collection - video on 2nd page

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:53 am

That video was awesome. :lol:
CTO15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 23, 2012 6:36 pm

lol, great video Calbretto!
Calbretto

Mon May 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks guys!
I didn't want to appear in any videos, but when I got the idea to show my toy room I had to do it. Although now everyone at work thinks I am insane for having so many toys.
baby_bats
HULK SMASH!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:39 am

great video!
Calbretto

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks man!

I was able to pull a "Tetris" in my toy room and found enough space for one more shelf. I am currently rearranging everything and hope to have time to take brand new photos of everything this week.
Calbretto

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:41 am

My new empty shelf. I am looking forward to rearranging my figures and getting some room for the new stuff that's been piling up with nowhere to go.

I'm planning on moving my small 3.75" Marvel collection to a new spot, so I thought I'd take a quick pic of my current layout. I am not really into these tiny figures, so my collection is quite small. I display all the large guys (Sentinel, Galactus, Frost Giant, etc) with my ML figures. That's also where I put the MU Yellowjacket.

Calbretto

Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:19 pm

I can't believe I put that last shelf up such a long time ago. I'm rearranging everything in my toy room to make room for my computer since I have to combine it with my office. My wife and I are expecting our first baby in June so I had to lose one room… and I certainly couldn't lose the toys. :)

Here's a quick photo of my modest MU collection (with a couple of Star Wars animated figures). These guys are going into storage in the garage to make some room.

Ace_614
Here comes a new challenger!

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:57 am

Did you do the first diorama yourself and if so how much would you charge to make one?
Calbretto

Tue May 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Ace_614 wrote:Did you do the first diorama yourself and if so how much would you charge to make one?
Hey! I did put it together. I haven't thought about building ones to sell though. It was very time consuming so I don't know how much it would cost.
Calbretto

Tue May 06, 2014 7:34 pm

I'm taking down my Simpsons shelves this week to make room for the new baby. These pics were from a couple years ago, but it looks similar still.

I will still keep the figures out, but most of the displays are going into storage.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Wed May 07, 2014 2:55 am

So impressive. Very nostalgic. I thought I had everything but seeing your pics reminded me of holes in my collection. Still regret not getting the Jebediah Springfield monument environment. Passed on a lot of the mail away exclusives, the NYE set, the somewhat smaller scaled horror sets, and all the McFarlane stuff. Did you get any of the NECA celeb figures?
Calbretto

Tue May 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Thanks! I am really happy with my Simpsons collection and hate to have to pack some of it up. I collected a lot of the McFarlane stuff, but I never got the movie theatre figures, which I regret. I'd love to pick them up if I can find them for a decent price.

I do have series one of the NECA celebrity series. I really like them! The painted skin looks a lot nicer than some of the plastic that was used in WoS.

Return to “Collections Archives”