snowman's collection and action pics

Show us your Collections!
snowman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

snowman's collection and action pics

Sun May 18, 2008 6:19 pm

I've been collecting off and on for the past 15 years. Because of sites likes this, I've recently begun a wallet-draining "on" period.
I still have quite a ways to go!

<images not working>
Inspector Eddie
I wish I had super powers

Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:26 am

loved seeing all the McFarlane Beatles figures in your set up... great display behind them too!
deylinarr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:30 am

very nice - I love when people are able to mix things from different lines/styles/scales/eras and make awesome looking shelves!
snowman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: back to collecting again

Sun May 31, 2009 1:03 am

It's been a year since starting this sick hobby again so I thought I'd update.

My favorite character...
snowman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 31, 2009 1:08 am

A few more. I can't seem to not group same characters together. I just love seeing the same hero in all different scales by all different companies. Some will complain about how this figure's articulation sucks, or that company has weak sculpting--but that's what makes them all interesting to me.

But there's always exceptions...
snowman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 31, 2009 1:10 am

And of course....DOOM!
TSR
Terribly Senseless Responses

Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Is that a Spawn #1 I see???? DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

:wink:
snowman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:22 am

[quote="McDoom"]Is that a Spawn #1 I see???? DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

This guy. Always a comedian. :lol:

I had that signed by Todd Himself at a local show when that came out, so it's strictly on display for sentimental purposes. My Hulk #1 and Amazing Fantasy #15 are stuffed in a closet somewhere.

You know what else I got signed that day? My display of Spawn pogs...Spogz! Not even sentimentality will allow that out in the open.
Mr Atomic
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:30 am

Nice bunch of stuff you are showing here. I like the range of items including the Ugly Doll vinyl figure- could you post a close-up picture of the shelf with the other designer toys on it? Looks like you have some really appealing ones.
I liked your comment about how the different levels of sculpting and articulation actually add interest, I agree with that sentiment. Of course people collect for all sorts of reasons but one of the lessons we can take away from seeing a collection that is 15 years in the building is not only how a character has evolved over those years (such as the Hulk), but how the toy industry has matured or shifted as well. At one time that Captain America vinyl figure seemed pretty contemporary and now it seems kind of quaint doesn't it? Before you know it we'll be looking back and saying, "Remember when those Marvel Legends figures were all the rage?" Thanks for posting your collection!
snowman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:49 am

Thanks for the comment and I couldn't agree with you more. Collect for long enough and your shelves start getting that time capsule feel to it. I say, if you love a character, display any and all figures you can. Even the outdated ones, because outdated will often lead to retro and fun once again...if you give it time.
Here's a couple shots of some vinyl stuff.
Mr Atomic
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:47 am

Wow you have quite a number of different artists represented there (I recognize what looks like Gary Baseman, Mori Chack, Red Magic, Dalek, Frank Kozik, and Joe Ledbetter) and some really appealing choices. I like that you have these "cutting edge" toys next to some mainstream toys as well, it highlights the fact that these new toys are really drawn from our overall pop culture and iconic choices like Superman and Mayor McCheese (love seeing him there) side by side connects those dots. It also points out that the toy's design and tactile sense can be the focus of a piece whether that was the intent or not. If I had never seen Invader Zim, or Family Guy or The Nightmare Before Christmas, the form, design, and character of these toys could easily be part of the same art movement as the others without the media connection.
TSR
Terribly Senseless Responses

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:16 pm

snowman wrote:
McDoom wrote:Is that a Spawn #1 I see???? DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
This guy. Always a comedian. :lol:

I had that signed by Todd Himself at a local show when that came out, so it's strictly on display for sentimental purposes. My Hulk #1 and Amazing Fantasy #15 are stuffed in a closet somewhere.

You know what else I got signed that day? My display of Spawn pogs...Spogz! Not even sentimentality will allow that out in the open.
:)

That's cool you had it autographed though. He always seemed very approachable in person. I do have to question the mentality of his bodyguard at SDCC a few years back. I introduced myself and shook his hand and when his bodyguard heard my name was Todd he sorta freaked out: "Whoa! Your name is Todd too? Two Todds together? This is madness! This is crazy!" McFarlane and I both looked at each other with puzzled looks.

The pogs though! OY! :lol:

Btw, I love the Unicorns. I can't remember, did you buy them when they were new or when BBTS had them on clearance and we had a thread about the Patriotic Unicorns?
snowman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:22 am

Those unicorns are great. I got them as a Christmas gift from my brother one year. He took such pride in giving me the Avenging Unicorn playset (complete with mime, hippie, and business guy) the year before, that he's tried to repeat that success every year since.

He failed with last year's Old Navy gift card.
snowman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Just a couple of Marvel related updates. My two grail items happen to be statues-not toys. Captain America premium format by Sideshow and the Hulk PF by Sideshow. Red Skull is next!
And an MU update. Two seconds after I tool the photo, Thunderball fell over (again) and took half of them out. I love these little guys but I can't wait for the stands to be included.

snowman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Return to “Collections Archives”