Doctor Mindbender

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
lightsyder
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Doctor Mindbender

Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:50 am

tldenson wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:17 pm
vicious7171 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:14 pm
Probably not deserving of it's own thread but mine also had staining and I agree. Early Jazwares AEW figures used to come with plastic layers between the figure and the clothing to avoid staining; Hasbro should have done that. I often see people using zit cream on the affected areas and leaving them out in the sun for hours to minimize staining but I'm not going to suggest this without you doing your homework and accepting the risks. I do think it's pretty junky for a deluxe figure to come stained, thankfully I'm just going to leave the coat on.

Have you tried contacting Hasbro with photos? If you do, let us know their response.
Yes I have contacted Hasbro. I will post their response. I have also purchased a third party cape that is more reminiscent of the original cape from the vintage figure.
Where'd you order a new cape?
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:26 am

lightsyder wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:50 am
Where'd you order a new cape?
It was listed in another post in the thread:
https://youtu.be/Tl6yGpVyZ7o?list=PLCPr ... HFFLxX6QWv
Blackestday
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:13 pm

Count Drunkula wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:18 am
I have no suggestions to remove the dye from the figure, although the idea of zit cream (or, more specifically, an application of hydrogen peroxide) may help. What I can say is that the cape should be removed, hand washed and thoroughly rinsed in order to prevent any further dye transfer. It is safe to use hot water on this fabric, and a mild hand or dish soap will suffice - you don't need Woolite or anything like that.
Have you seen anything anywhere of anyone using like a drop of tide? I really don’t want that dish soap smell lingering.

I used the more expensive magic eraser. Don’t remember if it is called ultra or deluxe or whatever. It worked but I just had marks that were lines like bruises from being whipped with something. Probably should have left them to give him that extra sexy look.
Count Drunkula
Customized

Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:52 am

Blackestday wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:13 pm
Count Drunkula wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:18 am
I have no suggestions to remove the dye from the figure, although the idea of zit cream (or, more specifically, an application of hydrogen peroxide) may help. What I can say is that the cape should be removed, hand washed and thoroughly rinsed in order to prevent any further dye transfer. It is safe to use hot water on this fabric, and a mild hand or dish soap will suffice - you don't need Woolite or anything like that.
Have you seen anything anywhere of anyone using like a drop of tide? I really don’t want that dish soap smell lingering.

I used the more expensive magic eraser. Don’t remember if it is called ultra or deluxe or whatever. It worked but I just had marks that were lines like bruises from being whipped with something. Probably should have left them to give him that extra sexy look.
You can do that, sure. Be sure it is literally a drop because that laundry detergent is VERY concentrated. You could even throw it in the wash with some black t-shirts or something, I'm sure it's sturdy enough.

As an aside, if the smell of dish soap bugs you, switch to standard blue Dawn. Cuts grease like a knife, is great for cleaning toys, and has no lingering perfume-y smell. If you have older toys that are getting sticky, it will get rid of the stickiness on most toys, too - although it might take a couple passes.
franky4fingers
Supports Digits

Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:24 am

Has anyone had issues with their tracking for Mindbender?
franky4fingers
Supports Digits

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:19 pm

franky4fingers wrote:
Called them this morning. Turns out my order got lost. Wonderful
Count Drunkula
Customized

Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:21 am

franky4fingers wrote:
franky4fingers wrote:
Oh, that sucks! And I suppose they have no way to replace it, either?
franky4fingers
Supports Digits

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:36 am

Count Drunkula wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:21 am
franky4fingers wrote:
franky4fingers wrote:
Oh, that sucks! And I suppose they have no way to replace it, either?
Sadly all they could offer was a refund
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:24 am

I finally feel good enough to embark on fixing my Mindbender. Sanded his balls down so now his hips move the way they should.... I have minor staining on the shoulders, removed the cape to prevent any more. I believe you can wash dyed clothing in vinegar to set the dye, I'll have to look into it but it might prevent any further staining. removing the stains I'll try the zit cream method, I tried it in the past and had success but it's been awhile.
The figure still turned out great, just overpriced for what you get. I think he should've come with a operating table or gurney and a computer console for the price.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:39 pm

Darthgaar wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:24 am
I finally feel good enough to embark on fixing my Mindbender. Sanded his balls down so now his hips move the way they should.... I have minor staining on the shoulders, removed the cape to prevent any more. I believe you can wash dyed clothing in vinegar to set the dye, I'll have to look into it but it might prevent any further staining. removing the stains I'll try the zit cream method, I tried it in the past and had success but it's been awhile.
The figure still turned out great, just overpriced for what you get. I think he should've come with a operating table or gurney and a computer console for the price.
An operating table with little divots for where the tiny items go would have been great. Actually if they had ditched most of the tiny items and given us a plastic version of the standing BAT operating table from the promo pics, that would have been amazing. I will always laugh at those amazing diorama pics from Mindbender because you don't get any of the impressive pieces, just a couple scraps in the scheme of things.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”