G.I Joe customs and Kitbashes

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I Joe customs and Kitbashes

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:31 am

I wish there were a couple more female bodies to use for kitbashing in this line. It's really Baroness, Lady Jaye and Scarlett and that's it. The movie figures are a little smaller and not as well suited but doing 4 or 5 head swaps onto the Lady Jaye body looks really repetitive.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:36 am

PantherCult wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:31 am
I wish there were a couple more female bodies to use for kitbashing in this line. It's really Baroness, Lady Jaye and Scarlett and that's it. The movie figures are a little smaller and not as well suited but doing 4 or 5 head swaps onto the Lady Jaye body looks really repetitive.
If you need a great fit as a blank base body, Quake is great and fits for scale, articulation style, and aesthetic.
She comes with 2 heads, one with a communications ear piece, and the other I used as a lady jaye head ( i did a few washes and some paint touch ups to her face to match the body's skin colour). It has a comic look like a J Scott Campbell version. she also has swivel biceps, gloved trigger hands, and techno gauntlets that fit the look of original classified.
Perfect sneak in to fit your collection. I'm thinking about a female cobra trooper in the 80's style (I already tried my hand at a classified inspired version using a ml movie wasp as the base, but this an already perfectly base blue base body), or then there is the complete opposite, where i was thinking a female g.i. joe green shirt.
Any suggestions on that out there? which do you folks prefer, Retro Cobra Trooper or G.I. Joe Green Shirt for this quake base?
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:33 pm

I see it... but currently the 4 SHIELD ladies I have are going in to my SHIELD display with some head swaps. Also, the GI Joe aesthetic tends to be less form fitting than with Legends. That SHIELD agent might work for a character in a wetsuit, but looks too smooth standing next to classified counterparts (at least to my eye)
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:23 pm

PantherCult wrote:
I see it... but currently the 4 SHIELD ladies I have are going in to my SHIELD display with some head swaps. Also, the GI Joe aesthetic tends to be less form fitting than with Legends. That SHIELD agent might work for a character in a wetsuit, but looks too smooth standing next to classified counterparts (at least to my eye)
I don't know. I have it with a movie wasp head standing in waiting to be worked on, with my classified figures, and i don't find it stands out. If you did though, you could just sculpt seam lines, wrinkles/cloth bunching and etc, or swap some parts to get the aesthetic your looking for. It's kind of a blank body, and a blank canvas for customizing. That's the point, its not going to all ready look like a complete figure, you have to do the work to make it fit the line.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:01 am

pulpy fiction wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:23 pm
PantherCult wrote:
I don't know. I have it with a movie wasp head standing in waiting to be worked on, with my classified figures, and i don't find it stands out. If you did though, you could just sculpt seam lines, wrinkles/cloth bunching and etc, or swap some parts to get the aesthetic your looking for. It's kind of a blank body, and a blank canvas for customizing. That's the point, its not going to all ready look like a complete figure, you have to do the work to make it fit the line.
I do agree Quake would be a great base for something like a wetsuit, you made me think that this would be a good start for a Joe diver, maybe even the basis for building a cobra eel?
So since that figure didn't catch your eye, I saw this might work for an option:
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/pow ... low-ranger
I would try to change the belt for sure, and make a few mods just to start, but I believe that belt is connected to the separate skirt part, so it could be probably be removed for a completely different look. I love that she's wearing something that looks like some kind of web gear harness, that would totally fit the Joe look. She's got double jointed elbows and bicep swivels for the win, and I think this line shares some design aesthetics, as well articulation style with classified. I've even seen parts swapped with classified figures. That being said, I think there is something here for Joe custom fodder, and it falls in line with the design aspect you were discussing earlier.
I don't collect this line at all, but these are designed well, and I think their parts fit with Classified. Too bad this figure doesn't come out until next spring.
Super Cracked
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:21 pm

So, do we really have a dedicated thread for Joe customs, as part of the overall Joe Topic? If so, cool! If not, and the Mods think this here would be better off in the actual Custom forums, then so be it. But, until then, here's my latest update:

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”