Operation: Recall Kickstarter - New O-Ring Figures from ARAH Joe Team!

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Bilbo_Figgins
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Operation: Recall Kickstarter - New O-Ring Figures from ARAH Joe Team!

Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:46 pm

Just found out about this Kickstarter project. New O-Ring figures from the original ARAH GI Joe team! :o :o :o

They are doing 4 waves of 4 figures + 2 bonus figures for a total of 18 figures. So far, they've unlocked the 1st bonus figure, all 4 figures from Wave 1 and the first 2 figures of Wave 2 (total of 7 figures thus far). I really dig the way that Retello figure looks with the carrier pigeon. Fits in seamlessly with 80s GI Joe. Can't wait to see how the legendary ARAH team will develop the remaining figures.

I backed the ALL-IN and hoping that all 18 figures will be unlocked. There has been some awesome O-Ring related projects the past year such as Roboskull and Callsign: Longbow and the Haslab Skystriker. But this project hits the mark for me - original o-ring characters by the legends from my childhood!
Bilbo_Figgins

Re: Operation: Recall Kickstarter - New O-Ring Figures from ARAH Joe Team!

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:13 pm

I know this ain't 6".

But there are 3 days left to back this mofo!
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:36 am

I wanted to back this so badly, but everything is just too expensive right now and I need to buy less toys. If they had mock ups of the figures besides the one, I probably would have gone all in. I just didn't want to risk not liking them. I'll most likely pick up a couple when they come out.
mikeysee
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Same. This was a really cool project but I would have liked to see more physical examples. And at $30ish apiece I decided I'd rather just put that money towards figures that are actually in the line and keep working towards completing my vintage ARAH collection.
Bilbo_Figgins

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:50 pm

Yesterday was a crazy ride for those backing this Kickstarter! It Pulled in over $100,000 and unlocked 3 more figures! Holy shit! :o All in all, 15 figures were unlocked and it came within $5,000 of unlocking the 16th figure.

Anyways, good news for you guys. The creator is doing a Backerkit to help fund the last 4 figures and it will be available to everyone like Roboskull. He plans on keeping it open for 9 months. So you can jump in when more pictures are shown and development is further along.

The benefit of backing the Kickstarter tho was that you locked in your per figure price. So if you did the ALL-IN like me. The per figure price was $21.84. I will be able to add additional figures at that rate.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:39 pm

There's a couple that seem like they could make really fun figures, but I'm still going to hold out until I see some kind of prototype or digital render. I assume these will be sold after the Kickstarter, so I'm not too worried.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics