GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank $299.99 - FUNDED! All 4 tiers + early bird bonus unlocked! Ends 8/15/22!

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Prophet924
Thwipp!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank $299.99 - FUNDED! Tier 3 unlocked! Ends 8/15/22!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:20 pm

This is funny. Commander is toying with us.

Best?

SSSubjective or ssssuper sssurprise in sssssstore?

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank $299.99 - FUNDED! Tier 3 unlocked! Ends 8/15/22!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:41 pm

Honestly... it looks like this is going to fund with every stretch goal hit with more than a month left in the campaign - and I think that could be a missed opportunity for more sales.

I don't know what the funding looks like for an extra figure - but it seems to me there are endless opportunities for re-colors and parts swaps from the existing library to add Cobra guys. There has to be a number of backers at which adding another figure to the package increases the profit margin. Figure that out and do a recolored alley viper in black and red and call it a Hiss Viper. Even if it required an additional 5,000 backers - you have 30 days to convince people to jump in - or buy a second (or third, or...) one. Keep upping the ante to see if you can push the numbers higher by making the payoff better.

I think if you pass all of the stretch goals with more than a month until the campaign ends you risk losing some enthusiasm and miss an opportunity to push the sales numbers to greater and greater heights.

Anyway, I'm excited by this package and have already pledged. But if they had a couple of insane reveals up their sleeve I could be tempted into a second one.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:51 pm

Having the frustrated used car salesman sell the HISS is pretty brilliant.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank $299.99 - FUNDED! Tier 3 unlocked! Ends 8/15/22!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:05 pm

PantherCult wrote:Honestly... it looks like this is going to fund with every stretch goal hit with more than a month left in the campaign - and I think that could be a missed opportunity for more sales.

I don't know what the funding looks like for an extra figure - but it seems to me there are endless opportunities for re-colors and parts swaps from the existing library to add Cobra guys. There has to be a number of backers at which adding another figure to the package increases the profit margin. Figure that out and do a recolored alley viper in black and red and call it a Hiss Viper. Even if it required an additional 5,000 backers - you have 30 days to convince people to jump in - or buy a second (or third, or...) one. Keep upping the ante to see if you can push the numbers higher by making the payoff better.

I think if you pass all of the stretch goals with more than a month until the campaign ends you risk losing some enthusiasm and miss an opportunity to push the sales numbers to greater and greater heights.

Anyway, I'm excited by this package and have already pledged. But if they had a couple of insane reveals up their sleeve I could be tempted into a second one.
These are things everyone said on the sentinel, and all they added was a second tentacle. They should have given us another male sentinel body, so both the generic and bastion heads had homes.

I’m personally looking forward to the canopy deco’d like Dr. Doom’s mask.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank $299.99 - FUNDED! Tier 3 unlocked! Ends 8/15/22!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:30 pm

I agree about the second male Sentinel pack in. It should have been extra tentacle and figure.

But again after 16000 it’s bonuses for the team. $4,800,000. No way their costs are more than 2.5 million. No way.

I’m gonna dream… the best is all new Cobra Commander figure. Not a repaint. I have always liked the armored look used in the return of Cobra Comnander (comics) or that new cartoon with everything pythonized. Commander is saying he is leaving the best for last. He’s considering himself the best.

That’s either vanity on his part or it will be some ASP type firepower HISS can tow. Yeah it’s another vehicle but it would qualify as best. More firepower fir him to take over the world with. Or a Cobra Commander tweaked from previous version and a smaller towable piece.

There’s no way they point out the hitch without some kind of plan.

Thwipp!

Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:36 pm

I have to agree. I feel they wait to announce the next tier on Friday and watch it get completely funded over the weekend.

I kinda want them to do a few surprise tiers though. Depending on where this ends this could be the most successful Haslab. the beginning and the end are the days we see the most backers. Hope they can add more figures or something else to celebrate the insane success of this haslab.

I'd have to imagine after this the Joe team can pretty much do as they wish.
rapitrone
Customized

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:38 pm

If it's a Cobra Commander, he better be hooded.
batdan
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:27 am

I would be cool with blast effects, a towable black & red SMS (which is what I am thinking they'll do) and if they are feeling generous, a grey Cobra Officer as a SMS operator that is deco'd like the Stinger Driver was. Would be over the moon with that line-up. :)
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:46 am

Ran into a car problem, wont be able to back the HISS. Wont have extra funds till the 22nd and it closes on the 15th. oh well, the aftermarket is gonna be a bitch.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:40 am

This is my first HasLab, but I personally don't see the cost of a new figure design would be worth whatever stragglers aren't convinced to back by all the tiers already offered. Maybe a repaint or kitbash like Panther suggested, but I don't think we'll get battle armor Cobra Commander, fer instance.

Similarly, I don't think an ASP is realistic, but I'm also skeptical we'd get an SMS since we already have two missile pods.

That's just me being negative, though, since I don't have any real ideas of what it could be. Gun to head, I'd guess some battle-damaged pieces like a shattered canopy and blown-out engine cover.
Peter Hoffman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:03 am

Pretty sure it will be something towable. They specifically called that out in the reveal stream, and said we'd see something for it later. I doubt they have a mass retail vehicle planned that is specifically meant to be towed by this.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:19 am

I f wonder if they didn't have the tier ready at all because they didn't expect to get funded so fast?
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:59 am

Peter Hoffman wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:03 am
Pretty sure it will be something towable. They specifically called that out in the reveal stream, and said we'd see something for it later.
In the reveal video, I think he just says "future accessories." I won't be mad if a towable is the final unlock, but my interpretation isn't as confident.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:07 pm

Update:

HISS Tank:

14,731 / 8,000 (+887) Well back on the fast track to finishing the final tier. I guess passing the third tier goal has lit a bit of a fire under people to get to that last tier goal. I imagine they'll reveal the last tier today sometime since there is a good chance it will be very close to it by the end of today, and so far they have done their best to reveal the tiers before they reach the goal.

184.14% of funding goal with 39d 17h left.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:32 pm

Dang, nearly 15000.

I’m starting to think the Joe team has shown to be straight forward. That Commander with the cape looks like where they are going. It is as specific an image as the Lenny birthday cake.

Thwipp!

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”