GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank $299.99 - FUNDED! All 4 tiers + early bird bonus unlocked! Ends 8/15/22!

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank $299.99 - FUNDED! Tier 1 unlocked!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:57 am

H-bird wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:42 am
I wonder if having some customizability to the look will inspire people to order more than they were originally intending?
Personally, no. I want my army builders to look uniform.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:27 am

canopy is fine but dont like the thread covers, kinda plain upgrade.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:39 am

Good for army builders to get some different looks, but I won't use these at all. I like the original canopy more and prefer the look of the tread better without the covers.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:45 am

Wow call me unimpressed with the second tier.

Don't get me wrong I like it a lot, and really appreciate the options that they create, but this should have been part of the base offering and not a tier goal. I think about what they included with the Skystriker at the base price, before tiers, and it was really customizable out of the gate. This feels like something that should have been in the initial offering.

This feels more like a tier from the Star Wars BS Rancor, than from a Joe Haslab. I guess my expectations of the team and their ability to offer us great product through and through, was too high (that's on me). So personally I will give them a mulligan on this one and hope the final two tiers are better (in my eyes).
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:49 am

3rd tier is gonna be a real life cobra snake. it was just announced.
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:57 am

I don't care for the 2nd tier. I echo the sentiment that the alternate look pieces should be included from the beginning. I think a stretch goal should add something to the HISS, or enhance it. This stretch goal just replaces pieces. Either way, now you're going to have extra pieces sitting in a box. An extra canopy sitting around in a box doesn't do anything for me. Something to tow behind, another figure, or blast effects would be fine.
He-Man
HULK SMASH!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:17 am

Like it or not, tiers are crucial to perceived value for these expensive toys. Tiers like this miss the mark in my opinion. It’s like getting batteries wrapped for Christmas to go along with your RC car haha.

That said, I don’t think this tier was cardboard backdrop bad.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:27 am

The second tier solves my only issue, which was "the new canopy is ok, but I'd really like the original clear one, because I'm a vintage-toy humping superdope that can't stand change, make it like I was when I was a kid by gum, or I'll break off a switch and tan some hides."

So yeah, I was going to be cool with the new one, but the clear canopy is my new default.
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:31 am

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:27 am
The second tier solves my only issue, which was "the new canopy is ok, but I'd really like the original clear one, because I'm a vintage-toy humping superdope that can't stand change, make it like I was when I was a kid by gum, or I'll break off a switch and tan some hides."

So yeah, I was going to be cool with the new one, but the clear canopy is my new default.
I love that we have the option, I just think it should have been part of the base package. Hasbro spent a lot of money designing and engineering the new canopy, passing that cost on to us through the initial $300 cost. Now, they're saying, as a bonus, "You can take that fancy canopy we charged you for, and throw it in a box!" It just doesn't feel like a bonus to me.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:37 am

I think I'd rather have more HISS tacticians instead of these.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:45 am

Tiers #3 & #4 are probably something to tow and another figure.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:10 am

The tiers are specifically called upgrades so I have to image they are all pieces for the tank and not any more additional figures. Blast effects were mentioned in the live stream so I have to think one is going to be those. There are peg holes for something in the turret ring so I imagine the other tier is for that. Lenny said ‘maybe in the future’ when regarding the tow hitch so I don’t think we’ll see anything for towing in this campaign.

If we’re lucky we might get a Joe hack towards the end like the Skystriker and they had some battle damage or something to have a Joe capture Hiss or something alone those lines.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:55 am

I think people have their expectations sitting way too high. We will be lucky to get another figure but I don't think we are getting an ASP or anything of the sort.

I believe this is a flagship piece. The success of the HISS Tank will lead to more add-ons released in the coming years, such as a single release ASP. I also believe we will see a stripped down version of this HISS Tank at a cheaper cost.

I can only imagine the outcry that is yet to come..... :lol:
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Canada Day Update: (HAPPY CANADA DAY TO MY FELLOW CANUCKS!!!!)

HISS Tank:

11,225 / 8,000 (+1281) That is gain since my late update yesterday. Man it gained almost as many backers in one day as Reva's Lightsaber has in it's entire run so far.

As I said previously I like what is included with Tier 2, but I am not impressed that it is actually an unlock. It should have been included in the base offering and I am disappointed with it being an unlock. I think this was a bit of a misstep by the Joe team, but I can't argue with their success so far with Haslabs.

140.31% of funding goal with 45d 16h left.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:42 pm

It does seem to have killed the momentum a bit. It’s still chugging along but it’s hard to beat that initial day funding frenzy. We’ll hit 12,000 soon enough but a better tier would be a welcome boost. It’s clear all tiers will unlock at this point but unlocking them all very early will likely get Hasbro to throw in something else unplanned at that point like the tri-head for the sentinel. Galactus didn’t get that bonus because he took too long to fund.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”