FINAL DAY!!!GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank $299.99 - FUNDED! All 4 tiers + early bird bonus unlocked! Ends 8/15/22!

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Prophet924
Thwipp!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank $299.99

Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:57 pm

Interesting. It would limit the mobility of the turret. Of all the 6” Joe vehicles Hasbro could make without a Haslab I hope Skyhawk and Trouble Bubble get made.

Maybe if HISS funds well it will increase confidence of retailers and Hasbro board to make more.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:10 pm

I do think the future of non-motorcycle sized vehicles really hangs in the balance of this Haslab. Should it fail, we won’t see anything lager than something they can put out for $50 with a pack-in figure. Should this be a smash, we could see $100 sized vehicles pop up. I don’t think retail would go beyond that price tag but pulse/fan channels might. This Haslab will really shape and determine a lot of decisions for the line going forward.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:25 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:10 pm
I do think the future of non-motorcycle sized vehicles really hangs in the balance of this Haslab. Should it fail, we won’t see anything lager than something they can put out for $50 with a pack-in figure. Should this be a smash, we could see $100 sized vehicles pop up. I don’t think retail would go beyond that price tag but pulse/fan channels might. This Haslab will really shape and determine a lot of decisions for the line going forward.
Agreed that if this does well it will lead to future mid size vehicles in Classified, probably as a Haslab. Smaller vehicles (Ferret, Armadillo, etc) would probably be more likely at retail as Hasbro might then be willing to try if a HISS Tank kills it on Haslab. Large size vehicles would probably still be unattainable due to size/cost/pricing. I mean if now in 2022 a HISS Tank is $300, what would something larger cost, even just next year? Also Lenny mentioned that he did the outline of the Skystriker for Classified and his daughter could fit inside the outline and lay down. That is massive and would be a bit of a nightmare for space, like a bunch of previous Haslabs.

If the HISS does really well, maybe Hasbro will also try the preorder method they are currently doing with the TVC Boba Fett Throne Room. That might be a better method for Hasbro anyway since they don't have to do tiers, and there is no guarantee of exclusivity like a Haslab (won't be made again).

Anyway let's see what they offer up.....35 minutes to go.
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:22 pm

The H.I.S.S. Tank is really nice, but being an army builder Collector, I don't think I could commit. I would want 3 of theses. $299 is a bit much.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:25 pm

This is very cool but it feels a bit expensive for what it is. But at the same time that feels in line with what larger 6" scale vehicles seem to be now with what NECA and Super7 have offered for their lines so its not entirely unexpected and what bells and whistles they are including on it are very neat. Not sure I care enough about the HISS to back it but I hope it actually goes into production.

EDIT: Screw it, I love this line so much I'm in. Maybe I'll change my mind at the 11th hour but for now I'm feeling the hype and I don't want to have regrets on passing like I do with NECA's Turtle Van or the Unicron Haslab.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:25 pm

Pre Ordered the HISS Tank. This thing is just too cool looking to pass up. I hope we get the Early Bird Figure, and I can't wait to see what the 4 Unlockable Tiers are.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:34 pm

Yeah, that thing is cool. I backed already. Might talk myself into a second one probably.
minitaur
Runs Around in Tights

So the early bird figure comes if (a) the backer count hits 8k in one week and (b) the actual haslab funds at the end of the funding period.

Given that we can cancel orders without paying for them, we should all preorder 5 immediately, hit the 8k early bird count, and then cancel down to however many you actually want the following week. Presumably even if a large chunk of the first week preorders get cancelled, then enough new preorders will occur in the following weeks to ensure it actually closes successfully.

Is this an unethical thing to do? Nah, we're just working with the incentives they're offering. The early backing thing is total BS so our response to cheat the system is appropriate.

The early backing makes zero impact to profit. If they can afford to include the second figure with 8k backers then they can afford to do it whether or not the backers occur in the first week or the last week; since they don't charge your credit card until it ends.

Let's all preorder 5 and then cancel next week to send a message not to play such annoying games.

Edit: Don't preorder your 5 until the last day. The 4 stretch goals will be based on them dangling the carrot just in front of our noses. They will dynamically decide how many is required for each goal based on the funding at the end of week one.

We want it to hit as close to 8k as possible by week one without going far over. If we end week 1 at 8k then the stretch goals might be at 10k /12k /14k /16k

But if we end week one at 12k then they'll make the stretch goals 14k / 16k /18k / 20k

That's the reason they don't reveal them up front. So they can jerk us around more. So wait until the last day of the first week to back, and back 5 if we're short of 8k or don't back at all until the stretch goals are announced if we already passed 8k.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Already at 1400, good sign for the extra figure.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 pm

Wish they didn’t include lights. Would’ve helped keep the price down.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:38 pm

Lights seem to be the go-to for added value on these premium items, but I usually hit them a few times think it's kind of neat and then forget about the batteries until they corrode. I'm personally not seeing $300 worth of value here yet. It's possible stretch goals will change my mind.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:39 pm

Impressive. 1526/8000 right as the livestream ends. Already passed Reva's Lightsaber.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:39 pm

While it is huge. It doesn't seem worth $300. Drop the electronics and bring the cost down. I feel they were added just to fluff up the price. Despite my feeling it's overpriced, I'll order at least one.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:40 pm

A little pricy, but looks great, like, really really nicely made. The price is high but my hesitation is more that I shuffle my Star Wars Black Series snowspeeder around my office all the time trying to figure out where the heck to put it and this would be in a similar spot, though it's shelf-space profile is smaller so wouldn't be as big of an issue.

Man, I loved the vehicles as a kid so much, but I always forget about the scale of the 1/12 vehicles until one is right in front of me and I remember how small my house is. Cos I'd love a bunch of the old classics.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:44 pm

Good point on the lights. I've found on every Hasbro toy I've picked up that has light or sound I just never use it, with the exception of the lightsaber I picked up years ago. Wonder if they could've kept the cost lower without the electronics.

Live Stream's over, yeah? No random preorders launching at 1 today or something? Got an optometrist's appointment, always worried I'll miss out if I walk away from the computer on a Wednesday...

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”