G.I. Joe Classified Tomax/Xamot & Stalker Wave

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Tomax/Xamot & Stalker Wave

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:54 pm

Is this confirmed as the wave? No one we're waiting on? No one repacked with?
Grins
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:54 am

Samael13 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:25 am
I like these, but it feels like the pendulum has swung a little too far the other way, now; I feel like they've passed through the sweet spot. The Cobra Infantry, Baroness, Snake-Eyes, and Bludd were all amazing; modern takes on classic designs. I'll definitely get these, but I wouldn't have been sad to see slightly more updated take on Tomax and Xamot.
Ugh, I hate that it came to this. I agree about them going too far with the retro design. There was honest disappointment when I saw the designs for the twins. I had those two growing up and loved them.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:16 am

oh so some of you want modern takes of Joes? intresting, i like more of the classic look BUT some characters could get an update. For example, Shipwreck can get an upgrade, the bell bottoms needs an update.

what about this look? thoughts?
Matthew K
nah, pass

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:49 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:54 pm
Is this confirmed as the wave? No one we're waiting on? No one repacked with?
That's the thing about the new style of announcements ahead of pre-orders. Since they aren't up for pre-orders at retailers who sell by the case we don't know yet.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:31 am

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the clarification.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:32 am

Night Wolf wrote:
oh so some of you want modern takes of Joes? intresting, i like more of the classic look BUT some characters could get an update. For example, Shipwreck can get an upgrade, the bell bottoms needs an update.

I like that look for Classified. As long as he has Polly.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:55 am

Night Wolf wrote:oh so some of you want modern takes of Joes? intresting, i like more of the classic look BUT some characters could get an update. For example, Shipwreck can get an upgrade, the bell bottoms needs an update.

I loved the original design, but I think this look makes sense for Classified.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:19 pm

If we get that design for Shipwreck instead of some variation on his classic sailor gear, I’m mailing a box of dog diarrhea to Hasbro.

Hopefully Spirit’s torso is an indication that is where they’re going to go with Mr. Delgado
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:01 pm

Night Wolf wrote:

Classic Shipwreck would have a place in my collection, but I definitely prefer that look, tbh.
If they start to go hard on the "original Joe figures just 6" with more articulation" route, that will significantly cut down on what I pick up, honestly.
Inspired by the original line but updated to look like modern soldiers is the sweet spot, for me.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:53 am

Boy Wonder wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:19 pm
If we get that design for Shipwreck instead of some variation on his classic sailor gear, I’m mailing a box of dog diarrhea to Hasbro.

Hopefully Spirit’s torso is an indication that is where they’re going to go with Mr. Delgado

what about this Sailor look for Shipwreck?

fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:07 am

I did not do 20 years in the Navy and deploy to two wars to have a Navy chief dressed in dungarees!

Having said that, stick Breaker's head on Spirit's body, slap on a dixie cup and you're basically there. To be honest, I'd probably buy it just for how ridiculous it is.

I'd rather the knit look, though.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:43 am

fletch137 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:07 am
I did not do 20 years in the Navy and deploy to two wars to have a Navy chief dressed in dungarees!

Thank you for your service.
Grins
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:21 am

Night Wolf wrote:
oh so some of you want modern takes of Joes?
That almost came off as kind of aggressive, but I'll chalk it up to my misunderstanding. What several people said, was that there is a middle ground between the first offerings of over-techy modern and the the twins being just copy pastes of the old figures. I think there is a balance that will leave everyone happy, or just equally displeased.
Remember Sci-Fi, from the old 4 inch line? I had that figure, I hated it. I wanted the classic Flash laser trooper. To me, Flash was cool even though I never had that figure. I thought Sci-Fi just looked like he should taste like sour apple.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:31 am

Samael13 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:01 pm
Night Wolf wrote:

Classic Shipwreck would have a place in my collection, but I definitely prefer that look, tbh.
If they start to go hard on the "original Joe figures just 6" with more articulation" route, that will significantly cut down on what I pick up, honestly.
Inspired by the original line but updated to look like modern soldiers is the sweet spot, for me.
Agree. When I envisioned a 6" Joe line back when we were all just fantasizing about it, figures like wave 1 Snake Eyes, Destro, Major Bludd, Zartan and Spirit are what I was hoping for. Figures with modern detailing that were still immediately recognizable as the classic characters.

I don't have anything against Tomax and Xamot. and I am absolutely buying them, but I wish they were tweaked a little.

I had actually held off getting Gung Ho because I knew there was eventually going to be a retro colored version. Though now that I've seen it. I think I'm just going to go ahead and pick up the original figure. If he just had an aqua or blue-tinted vest (like it kind of appears on the card back art), that would have been perfect to me.
nickvig
Avengers Assemble

Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:50 am

fletch137 wrote:I did not do 20 years in the Navy and deploy to two wars to have a Navy chief dressed in dungarees!

Having said that, stick Breaker's head on Spirit's body, slap on a dixie cup and you're basically there. To be honest, I'd probably buy it just for how ridiculous it is.

Thank you for your service. Image

My father was an E-3 Machinist mate on the U.S.S. Prairie from 70-74. For me, as a kid, Shipwreck was my dad in action figure form. I even swapped his arms for Cutter's because the forearms looked bigger like my dad's. I'd love to have a 6" version, dungarees and all.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”