G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
User avatar
Matthew K
nah, pass
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14046
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:56 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:26 pm

I was surprised to see a ton of these on the shelf the other day. Minty fresh cards too.
User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2398
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:02 am

PurpleLantern wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:48 am
heman008 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:56 am
Found a minty card Baroness and Lady Friday, and even though I told myself no. Still came home with them. Today though at a different Walmart there looked to be 8 of each, and most had either crushed bubble or bent card. But the Joe scalper didn’t care. Guy just rolled up with his cart and loaded them all up without checking.

Such odd fascinating creatures. Seen a Marvel Legends, Multiverse scalpers and now a GI Joe one. Wonder what a Hot Wheels one is like.
HW scalpers get the Walmart employees to pull anything good for them to pick up later, and they're thorough.
At TRU they'd ask the stock guys to keep an eye out for the rare ones and describe them.

Then one of the stock guys would buy them and flip them back to them out of his trunk after work.

My favourite was the guys calling and asking me to judge paint on McFarlane and Toy Biz for them. In 2000 on a land line.
User avatar
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2419
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:02 pm

I overheard a Target employee on the phone while she was flipping through the TVC Star Wars . It was obvious she should've been looking through the Black series. I didn't help, lol. While chatting with employees, I hear all the time about guys who call the store literally every day.

I hate calling. I can remember only four times, but there must have been a few more I'm forgetting: CI Baroness, Target exc. Steve Austin in jorts, Black Series Jabba/Speeder Bike, and Nintendo 64 on release day.
User avatar
Count Drunkula
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:33 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:10 pm

I found some Baronesseseseseses...

Excuse me.

I found a couple Baroness figures and a bunch of Lady Jaye figures in the wild. I already got a Baroness off Pulse, but just for the olde fashioned experience of actually buying a toy IRL from an actual store, I picked up another. I think she is only the fifth figure I have found and bought in the wild since the Classified line started. The rest have been online.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 43118
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:55 pm

Stores by me are choking on Lady Jaye and Baroness now.
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 10369
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:51 pm

I’m out of the loop on the Classified Retro figs and being a little lazy - what is the deal with Snake Eyes? Was he a WM/Pulse exclusive or general release?
PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:06 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:35 pm

My Walmart also has full pegs of Lady Jaye and Baroness. I predict some rascals will do "inventory transplants" to other Walmart stores.
H-bird wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:51 pm
I’m out of the loop on the Classified Retro figs and being a little lazy - what is the deal with Snake Eyes? Was he a WM/Pulse exclusive or general release?
The ARAH cardback Classified is Walmart exclusive and Hasbropulse sometimes sells a limited amount on their own website. I think the head and body are different from the first Timber pack.
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 10369
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:12 pm

PurpleLantern wrote:My Walmart also has full pegs of Lady Jaye and Baroness. I predict some rascals will do "inventory transplants" to other Walmart stores.
H-bird wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:51 pm
I’m out of the loop on the Classified Retro figs and being a little lazy - what is the deal with Snake Eyes? Was he a WM/Pulse exclusive or general release?
The ARAH cardback Classified is Walmart exclusive and Hasbropulse sometimes sells a limited amount on their own website. I think the head and body are different from the first Timber pack.
Thank you! Appreciate the info.
Whitehawk345
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:54 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:50 pm
Nothing original, but I was alerted that a local Walmart in Columbus had a case of Baroness out so I rushed out to grab one and immediately got to work when I got home on fixing her up like some of you guys have.

Image

Shriek arms, Widow hands, knife holster and belt from the original release with a different knife donated from Scarlett. Didn’t keep the shoulder decorations. Made her a bit busy.

Might have to dig around the fodder and see if there’s some better hair too.
I have both Baronesses, so I am thinking of trying this trick with the knife holster and belt. Are the legs easy to remove? I'm a little afraid of breaking them.
User avatar
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 19216
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:32 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:46 pm

Whitehawk345 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:54 pm
Boy Wonder wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:50 pm
Nothing original, but I was alerted that a local Walmart in Columbus had a case of Baroness out so I rushed out to grab one and immediately got to work when I got home on fixing her up like some of you guys have.

Image

Shriek arms, Widow hands, knife holster and belt from the original release with a different knife donated from Scarlett. Didn’t keep the shoulder decorations. Made her a bit busy.

Might have to dig around the fodder and see if there’s some better hair too.
I have both Baronesses, so I am thinking of trying this trick with the knife holster and belt. Are the legs easy to remove? I'm a little afraid of breaking them.
Oh for sure. A dip in hot water for a minute or so and they’ll pop right off the ball joint with no issue.
PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:06 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:10 am

I have a feeling my Walmart reached saturation point for Lady Jaye and Baroness with two full pegs and more stacked on top shelf. If they treat it like TVC Lando, they'll be there for a long time without lowering the price.
User avatar
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2419
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:57 pm

Same as all my Walmarts. I think my nearest was able to sell through two or three cases of each, but nothing is moving now. In theory, Wal-Mart should be able to clearance each retro individually as needed. I'm almost sure each one has a different sku, not like Lando or similar peg warmers that are part of a wave. I never did see any Gung-Ho or Destro, except for an occasional figure that was likely a return.
User avatar
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:07 pm

Do we know when/if Crimson Guard will be released in stores? I just got my other CGs and am trying to decide which one (if I can find the Retros) will be my Lt.
User avatar
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:21 pm

When is Snake-Eyes coming?
Aggro Ninja
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:54 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:58 pm

maczero wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:21 pm
When is Snake-Eyes coming?
June, according to Walmart.com. Of course, given the recent deluge of items arriving with 2023 estimated dates, that could be entirely meaningless.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”