G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:33 am

canprime wrote: Just checked and the CG is still available for pre-order. It is on the last page of the Collector Con pages, along with a bunch of other Classified figures.
Wow thanks!!! When i first checked there was only 2 pages, now after your suggestion there is 4, and i found everything you were pointing out! Except when i looked it up most of the classified stuff was on the third page... weird.
Also, the retro C.G. is now lower on the Collector Con splash page, which has changed since I checked.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:16 pm

Been spotting these in person. They don't look like returns. Found 3x Baroness at one store, 2x Lady Jaye at another. Too bad it's months later than the original online orders were fulfilled.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:32 pm

My store had a half dozen each of Baroness and Jaye. All the cards were in great shape. I bought a Baroness shortly after preordering SE and CG and posting how I was not going to worry about mint cards.
Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:27 pm

Loving the Retro figures, picked up Baroness today who just randomly appeared at a local store. Still need to grab Lady Jaye. However, what's it gonna take to get Hasbro to put the retro stands in a multi pack so we can display our figures on them? lol. The stands are awesome!
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:50 pm

Pulse should offer up a weapons/stands pack on their site. Like the army builders they’ve had for SW and Marvel. $15. 5 stands. A bunch of guns and accessories. Blast effects.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:53 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:50 pm
Pulse should offer up a weapons/stands pack on their site. Like the army builders they’ve had for SW and Marvel. $15. 5 stands. A bunch of guns and accessories. Blast effects.
I've been thinking the same thing. It's easy money, because you know folks will buy them. Every time you see a company do a weapon set it does well, and the fans are happy to get it. I know he Mcfarlane set was well received.
On that note, I also want them to do the Flak and the J.U.M.P. set, and other small sets like this as well. If not as a set, they could do these as build an item instead of a build a figure, and it would fit perfect into the line.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:18 am

I love the stands that come with the retro figures. I'd buy packs of these. I recently found Lady Jaye. Not a monumental change like Gung Ho but Flint and his woman are my favorite characters. I do also want Storm Shadow and Zartan even those they have very little different. Gung Ho is still the king of the retro line for me.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:10 am

I'll also support buying these stands. Simple but effective and remind me of the 25th anniversary era.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

xTIMMYxCOREx
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:48 am

I’d buy a weapons & stands pack and a JUMP jet pack.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:04 pm

They can easily do like the old days with recolored weapons, put in a few stands on a vintage style card and do the old weapon packs. Of course it'd be Pulse only and sell out with no restocks.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:02 am

went to my local walmrt and i couldnt believe my eyes. i saw 1 baroness and 5 lady jays. first time i see a retro cardback at my walmrt. I already have Baro and not interested in lady. I did notice that store is doing a major revamp from the inside to even the outside.
heman008
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:56 am

Found a minty card Baroness and Lady Friday, and even though I told myself no. Still came home with them. Today though at a different Walmart there looked to be 8 of each, and most had either crushed bubble or bent card. But the Joe scalper didn’t care. Guy just rolled up with his cart and loaded them all up without checking.

Such odd fascinating creatures. Seen a Marvel Legends, Multiverse scalpers and now a GI Joe one. Wonder what a Hot Wheels one is like.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:14 am

There aren't brand specific scalpers in my area, just scalpers. There's a whole group that just roam the aisles and take their phones to scan all the toys on the pegs to see the current value on eBay. We also have a local antique store whose owner sends out his family and friends to buy stuff for him. During the pandemic it was really bad. Most are not out there anymore. We caught on to them. We found their eBay pages and they've been pretty stagnant lately.
PurpleLantern
Super Poseable

Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:48 am

heman008 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:56 am
Found a minty card Baroness and Lady Friday, and even though I told myself no. Still came home with them. Today though at a different Walmart there looked to be 8 of each, and most had either crushed bubble or bent card. But the Joe scalper didn’t care. Guy just rolled up with his cart and loaded them all up without checking.

Such odd fascinating creatures. Seen a Marvel Legends, Multiverse scalpers and now a GI Joe one. Wonder what a Hot Wheels one is like.
HW scalpers get the Walmart employees to pull anything good for them to pick up later, and they're thorough.
Matthew K
nah, pass

Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:26 pm

I was surprised to see a ton of these on the shelf the other day. Minty fresh cards too.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”