G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Matthew K
nah, pass
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:12 am

I kind of like the simplified all black without the grays and gold in the original release. The gloss black seems to pop a bit more in that video. Wish the guy put her glasses on. Crap. I was thinking I could surely skip her and Destro.

I don't love the card art they used quite enough to keep these carded.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:29 am

The figure itself looks nice, but I feel like leaving the glasses off in the package is a big mistake. The character is always portrayed wearing them and I assume most people who want one to keep carded will be disappointed.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:43 am

That file card has less information than the symbols on the side of the box…why even do it? I am going to buy it. I want another and the stand is cool. But dang, that file card is disappointing …

I kind of get it. It’s a small blurb so they can have all languages on the card. It’s a synopsis of what was on there initially. The removal of her phase is a bummer.

That said I’m buying all of these.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:53 am

I've been buying doubles of all the Marvel Retros so I can keep one set MOC. I don't think I will be doing the same with the JOES. While I do like the burst artwork, the cheap looking cardback is going to be impossible to find in good shape. It looks just as thin & flimsy as the Walmart exclusive 3.75 figures. Add the weight of a 6 inch figure and you are going to have some bent cards. The example above even has a warped cardback. My podunk Walmart doesn't like to stock it's own exclusives so even finding a set in the first place is going to be a challenge.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:58 am

So are these really Walmart exclusives or just found at Walmart first? I’d like to collect these to keep MOC as I think their normal versions are the ones I want open displayed, but I’ll probably get 2 of Gung Ho to open one. However, I will not be hounding Walmarts like the first wave of CI Target exclusives. Just can’t stand to do that anymore in these times of everything getting pricey. I can only hope these are gonna be plentiful or easily available online. Scalpers can suck on it.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:00 am

captaincracker wrote:The figure itself looks nice, but I feel like leaving the glasses off in the package is a big mistake. The character is always portrayed wearing them and I assume most people who want one to keep carded will be disappointed.
I think they wanted to show her newly painted face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:17 am

They /almost/ had me at removable glasses, but I think that just leaves two holes at the temples.
CapnKngaroo
Super Poseable

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:31 pm

Well there’s no ears to hold her glasses on
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:21 pm

I want to see pics of the Retro figure with her glasses on. I have the Target release, and while I'm not a fan of the gold, I'm not sure if it bothers me enough to make me buy this retro figure in place of it,.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:33 pm

fletch137 wrote:
They /almost/ had me at removable glasses, but I think that just leaves two holes at the temples.
I don't *think* she has holes; I think the glasses kind of wedge into the space between her hair and her head. If it's the same sculpt as the first one, there aren't visible holes, at least. I just checked mine, and there's a *tiny* sort of slot that they fit into, but it's under the fold of her hair, so I don't think you'd be able to see it very well (maybe at all) with the glasses pulled out. Can't say for sure, since they're glued on, though.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:43 pm

Samael13 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:33 pm
fletch137 wrote:
I don't *think* she has holes; I think the glasses kind of wedge into the space between her hair and her head. If it's the same sculpt as the first one, there aren't visible holes, at least. I just checked mine, and there's a *tiny* sort of slot that they fit into, but it's under the fold of her hair, so I don't think you'd be able to see it very well (maybe at all) with the glasses pulled out. Can't say for sure, since they're glued on, though.
I’d call these holes or at least I’d consider her undisplayable without her glasses on.

mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:38 pm

Worse than Mattel WWE slots.

GodParticle
Super Poseable

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:40 pm

Yeah, that does look bad. Why ruin the sculpt like that when you had something that already worked...
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:47 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:43 pm
I’d call these holes or at least I’d consider her undisplayable without her glasses on.
Ooof; that's a lot worse than I realized. Yeah, that's bad.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:22 pm

GodParticle wrote:Yeah, that does look bad. Why ruin the sculpt like that when you had something that already worked...
This is the exact same sculpt as the COIL version, temple trench and all. Only difference is the glasses were glued on the first go around. I can only guess they packed the retro without the glasses on to feature the new face deco. Me, I'll glue the glasses so I don't have to worry about losing them. They are as much a part of the costume as a Cobra logo.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”