G.I. Joe Classified Spirit, Storm Shadow & Cobra Officer Wave

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Spirit, Storm Shadow & Cobra Officer Wave

Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:41 pm

I'm a terrible customizer, but wouldn't that be incredibly easy? Just find a swath of furry white fabric, cut some off, and glue it?

Seems unnecessary though. What if it's really hot out? Would he really want winter boots on?
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:12 pm

So the good news is my extra Storm Shadow came in earlier than the original pushback date of July 15. The bad news is he has side eye. I hate side eye. I guess it’s to add to his look when aiming his bow but figures like this bother me. I looked at my extra SS head that came with Pulse exclusive Zartan, and that one has straight eyes so I was hoping to use that as a substitute. However, the head size for the Zartan SS heads looks bigger. Like it would be more fitting for the Gung Ho body. Anyone else’s Storm Shadow have side eye? Is this prevalent with this figure or are there any straight eye versions out there?
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:21 pm

The Storm Shadow delivered today from Amazon seems to have darker grey shin and wrist wraps compared to the Storm Shadow I got nearly 2 months ago from CMD. At least the wash looks darker through the package window. Waiting on Dorkside's to see which one will be MIB.
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:22 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:12 pm
So the good news is my extra Storm Shadow came in earlier than the original pushback date of July 15. The bad news is he has side eye. I hate side eye. I guess it’s to add to his look when aiming his bow but figures like this bother me. I looked at my extra SS head that came with Pulse exclusive Zartan, and that one has straight eyes so I was hoping to use that as a substitute. However, the head size for the Zartan SS heads looks bigger. Like it would be more fitting for the Gung Ho body. Anyone else’s Storm Shadow have side eye? Is this prevalent with this figure or are there any straight eye versions out there?
I don't have my Storm Shadow in-hand yet, but I've watched a lot of reviews of the figure, and there was no side-eye going with any of those. It might just be yours. I hope it's just yours (sorry).
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:44 pm

I don’t know if Hasbro is intentionally doing this with certain batches because my wave one Duke and Roadblocks were like this. I opened the ones with side eye but my extras has straight eyes. I may keep these Storm Shadows in the box and wait to see some in stores with straight eyes and just return these. Friggin annoying.
Matthew K
nah, pass

Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:52 am

Holy crap, these are good and I'm so glad this stuff is finally shipping. 7 months is a long time between new figures in a regular retail line. I had been telling myself they would ship earlier than estimated, and they were early, but only by about a week. Still, these are some of my favorite figures in the line.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:43 pm

Has anyone’s Storm Shadow had a really stiff right leg when making him do the splits? Mine was really tight and turned out the plastic of the leg was rubbing against the part connecting the hip ball joints in his crotch. Had to take it off and shave away a decent amount of plastic to get it move a little more smoothly.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:08 pm

bharrisfan wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:31 pm
Seriously though could someone make some boot fur trim pieces for the top of spirits boots

<snip>
I was thinking of modding Spirit with the Ultimate warrior boot ruffles, that woud work.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:20 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
bharrisfan wrote:
Seriously though could someone make some boot fur trim pieces for the top of spirits boots

<snip>
I was thinking of modding Spirit with the Ultimate warrior boot ruffles, that woud work.
Sure. Then the Ultimate Spirit can square off against Sgt Slaughter in the squared circle.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:46 pm

nilocomic wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:43 pm
Has anyone’s Storm Shadow had a really stiff right leg when making him do the splits? Mine was really tight and turned out the plastic of the leg was rubbing against the part connecting the hip ball joints in his crotch. Had to take it off and shave away a decent amount of plastic to get it move a little more smoothly.
Mine has this as well.

Both of Spirit's hips are very tight on my copy. There's already some stress on the hip bar forming. I've used silicone shock fluid to loosen them up to prevent further damage. Some day when we're buying and selling used Joes, that hip bar is going to be the first place to check for wear.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:47 am

DetectiveHoag wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:20 pm
Night Wolf wrote:
bharrisfan wrote:

<snip>
Sure. Then the Ultimate Spirit can square off against Sgt Slaughter in the squared circle.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:09 pm

Bah, too many people saying they got them, with zero pics. Lame.

Also lame Pulse has my money for the three, but no shipping notice or tracking number yet.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:31 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:09 pm
Bah, too many people saying they got them, with zero pics. Lame.

Also lame Pulse has my money for the three, but no shipping notice or tracking number yet.
If they would update this forum to something that would make it easier to post photos (like TFW2005’s forum), people would probably post more pics on here.

In the meantime, here’s a shot I took the other night.

Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:36 pm

Took Spirit outside for a picture. Image

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Aggro Ninja
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:16 pm

My Croc Master and Cobra Officer arrived today, so I can't wait to get home and crack them open. In spite of Amazon saying my Spirit wouldn't arrive until July 10, they shipped him out on Sunday and was on the move on the 4th (poor Amazon workers) and he'll arrive tomorrow. So since I already got Storm Shadow that'll complete the wave for me.

Hopefully the QC on the rest is better than my Storm Shadow. He has a stuck ankle rocker. I can move the foot up and down freely but it won't swivel side to side. I can't see what's going on in there well enough to figure out how it's stuck and running it in hot water hasn't helped.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”