G.I. Joe Classified Spirit, Storm Shadow & Cobra Officer Wave

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Spirit, Storm Shadow & Cobra Officer Wave

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:04 am

Got my Amazon delivery yesterday of this wave and man do I love them. Spirit and Storm Shadow may be two of my favorite so far from the entire Classified line. They are just great. Crocmaster also showed up at the same time, so it was a lot of Joe and Cobra goodness to open.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:17 am

I absolutely love the Officer. For essentially the forth figure out of this buck, he manages to feel very new and different from the troopers and infantry figures. Clearly all connected but the little flourishes like the different gloves, harness, and boots indicate his rank above the grunts. Much better than just the lazy sliver paint and black chevron of yesteryear.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:13 am

My problem with the Cobra Officer...I like him better than the Trooper or Infantry. I didn't go crazy army building, I bought two Troopers and three Infantry, but my Officers are going to outnumber the lower ranks. I have one in hand with three on the way and I'm sure I'll buy more if I see them in a store.

dagodfather wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:53 pm
I ordered SS, Croc Master and Spirit within the 1st minute of DST putting these up. No movement on the order. This has been a trend lately. I had to go with BBTS for Thundercats as DST did not come through. They canceled my Kamino troopers after 9 months. I had to pay more on the after market. Not sure what is going on as I used have fantastic experiences with DST, unfortunately I am beginning to lose trust. It may not be their fault but in the end I want to know I’m getting my orders. For the record I am a patient person and don’t need to get stuff first but when literally every other online store gets an item I am always waiting a long while which has led to cancellations and going with more reliable stores.
Has anybody gotten Croc Master from Dorkside? He might be holding up your order if you chose to ship all at one time. DS shipped my Spirit and Storm Shadow in one order without Croc Master.

This Pitney Bowes partnership with DS adds two or three extra days. Example from my last two non Joe orders:
USPS expedited (non Pitney) --pick up on 5/11, delivered 5/13
Expedited with Pitney --arrived shipping partner (Pitney) 5/26, accepted USPS 5/28, delivered 6/1
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:00 pm

Pulse charged me a week ago for Storm Shadow and Spirit, and they languish unshipped. Meanwhile, they wasted no time getting Fortnite Snake Eyes to me even after having to update my payment info because the old card was so outdated. Croc Master got charged and is on his way, so that's some new figure consolation. But man, Storm Shadow and Spirit may be my most anticipated Joes of the year so far.
nickvig
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:22 pm

NORM wrote:Pulse charged me a week ago for Storm Shadow and Spirit, and they languish unshipped. Meanwhile, they wasted no time getting Fortnite Snake Eyes to me even after having to update my payment info because the old card was so outdated. Croc Master got charged and is on his way, so that's some new figure consolation. But man, Storm Shadow and Spirit may be my most anticipated Joes of the year so far.
I've noticed that pulse has a few different warehouses now. I've had items ship from Atlanta, Pennsylvania, and I can't remember the last one. I think it depends on where it's coming from. I've had the same issue as you with my order.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:26 pm

NORM wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:00 pm
Pulse charged me a week ago for Storm Shadow and Spirit, and they languish unshipped. Meanwhile, they wasted no time getting Fortnite Snake Eyes to me even after having to update my payment info because the old card was so outdated. Croc Master got charged and is on his way, so that's some new figure consolation. But man, Storm Shadow and Spirit may be my most anticipated Joes of the year so far.
Funny story, I tried to cancel my Pulse Storm Shadow on Friday that already charged days ago, and was told it was “too far into the process to cancel.” I assumed it would ship later that day.

And then they didn’t ship.

And with Monday being a holiday, it means they won’t ship until Tuesday at the least. I’m grateful I kept my Amazon one and it will be here before Pulse even ships the one they charged me for a week ago.

Likewise, they got Fortnite Snake Eyes out IMMEDIATELY — hours after they charged.

My Croc Master is coming from Pulse and will literally take over two weeks to get here. Unreal. Not even Mezco is that slow in terms of shipping speed.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:55 pm

nickvig wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:22 pm
NORM wrote:Pulse charged me a week ago for Storm Shadow and Spirit, and they languish unshipped. Meanwhile, they wasted no time getting Fortnite Snake Eyes to me even after having to update my payment info because the old card was so outdated. Croc Master got charged and is on his way, so that's some new figure consolation. But man, Storm Shadow and Spirit may be my most anticipated Joes of the year so far.
I've noticed that pulse has a few different warehouses now. I've had items ship from Atlanta, Pennsylvania, and I can't remember the last one. I think it depends on where it's coming from. I've had the same issue as you with my order.
I live in the SF Bay Area and I got my X-Force and Excalibur sets hella fast from a warehouse in Chico.

My Joes can't get here fast enough! Still no movement on Stormy from BBTS, but that's okay, I can be patient now that Spirit, Cobra Officer and Croc Master are finally en route.
bharrisfan
Super Poseable

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:03 pm

Is anyone making boot fur pieces for spirit?
I think the figure desperately needs them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:05 pm

bharrisfan wrote:

pics?
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
CROM!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:13 am

bharrisfan wrote:
Not without apple-bottom jeans.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:39 am

My Cobra Officer has shipped from Pulse, but still no shipping on Spirit and Storm Shadow. Hopefully they ship out soon.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:09 am

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
bharrisfan wrote:
Not without apple-bottom jeans.
Image. Nice one!

Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:49 am

Spirit and Cobra Officer (x5) arrived today from BBTS! My order of Storm Shadows has shipped from Amazon and will be here Thursday. Croc Master is scheduled for a 7/14 delivery from Amazon. I would’ve already had Croc Master but I was moving my orders around and shouldn’t have canceled my BBTS order.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:51 pm

dagodfather wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:53 pm
I ordered SS, Croc Master and Spirit within the 1st minute of DST putting these up. No movement on the order. This has been a trend lately. I had to go with BBTS for Thundercats as DST did not come through. They canceled my Kamino troopers after 9 months. I had to pay more on the after market. Not sure what is going on as I used have fantastic experiences with DST, unfortunately I am beginning to lose trust. It may not be their fault but in the end I want to know I’m getting my orders. For the record I am a patient person and don’t need to get stuff first but when literally every other online store gets an item I am always waiting a long while which has led to cancellations and going with more reliable stores.
I know Dorkside is a sponsor and a friend to this site, but I personally had too many negative experiences and choose to no longer order from them unless it's absolutely necessary. They're just too slow and unreliable, and even if that's just from Hasbro screwing them over and it's "not their fault" then they shouldn't be making promises they can't keep.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get an amazon order in for Storm Shadow the minute it went live, back in October.

I thought I'd be in for an even longer wait than it's already been, due to me being in Japan. (For real....this wait has felt all the longer considering there were a literal handful of people that have had this figure since what...January? And they got hooked up from....Dorkside of all places. Anyway...)

Well, I'm stateside now and I'm just about peeing my pants to get this damn figure, pretty much the main reason I even starting collecting the line, and it shipped from amazon yesterday.

When the first pics hit, I was so excited. I honestly can't remember being that excited about a stupid $20 action figure since I was a kid. This thing rekindled a love of action figures deep inside me that had been dormant for a long time, despite all the great releases we've had in the last few years.

But the long, long, long, loooooong wait, coupled with a lot of much more urgent "real world" problems kind of stifled my excitement.

I'm hoping once I finally have it in hand later this week I can feel a little of that childlike joy of "getting the toy I realllly wanted for my birthday/xmas" back. We'll see.
bharrisfan
Super Poseable

Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:31 pm

Seriously though could someone make some boot fur trim pieces for the top of spirits boots

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”