G.I. Joe Classified Alley Viper & B.A.T Wave

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
pulpy fiction
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Alley Viper & B.A.T Wave

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:08 am

psylocke wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:44 pm
drkknght64 wrote:Hey anyone else having issues getting the BAT head off to swap out for the damaged head. I'm not trying to force it too much because it feels like I'm about to rip the neck out instead of just popping the head off.
I haven’t tried but hit it with a hair dryer first for a few then try
I popped a few of those heads off without any problem, but listen to psylocke, that should solve your problem! I usually need 20-30 seconds to get the right temperature to pop parts off.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:57 am

psylocke wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:Hey anyone else having issues getting the BAT head off to swap out for the damaged head. I'm not trying to force it too much because it feels like I'm about to rip the neck out instead of just popping the head off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, sounds good, appreciate it.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:00 am

pulpy fiction wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:08 am
psylocke wrote:
I popped a few of those heads off without any problem, but listen to psylocke, that should solve your problem! I usually need 20-30 seconds to get the right temperature to pop parts off.
Okay, 20-30 seconds, appreciate it.
One second, "hey Jess ole daughter of mine, Dad needs to borrow you hair dryer" "Yes, I know I shave my head, just let me borrow it."
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:21 am

I didn't need heat, but I'll throw in that both heads just feel really tight against the rest of the line, so be prepared for future swaps.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:45 am

part
MollyMillions wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:21 am
I didn't need heat, but I'll throw in that both heads just feel really tight against the rest of the line, so be prepared for future swaps.
Yeah it's not strength on my end, if I wanted to I could pull enough to pull the figure in half at the waist but at $24.99 each I don't want to somehow pull the neck out trying to get the head off.
I attempted to use the blow dryer but when my daughter saw me doing what I was doing with it she got mad, lol. I stopped what I was doing and gave it back to her.
I used to boil water in a heating kettle in my old kit bashing days so I will give that a shot.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:58 pm

I use hot water exclusively. Aside from it bleaching the gold out of Retro Widow's kit, I've never had had an issue.

I wasn't questioning your strength, just saying that every BAT I've handled has been ludicrously tight.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:33 pm

Gamestop has alley vipers for 19.99. Plus about 7.5% discount on top of that if you use the honey app.
kboe1313
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:52 pm

Bigbadtoystore has Alley Vipers in stock too. Can't beat GameStop's price, but it makes since if you use PoL and buy alot from BBTS.
Boggsy1982
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:27 pm

Finally received my B.A.T's from Dorkside on Friday. These are some of the best releases I've received in this line! The display possibilities are pretty great.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:52 pm

Got my 2 $14 Bats from Amazon yesterday. and i am confident I truly don't need any more to cause my Joes any trouble.
Boggsy1982
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:09 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:58 pm
I use hot water exclusively. Aside from it bleaching the gold out of Retro Widow's kit, I've never had had an issue.

I wasn't questioning your strength, just saying that every BAT I've handled has been ludicrously tight.
I noticed that with both that I got. The joints are super tight and better than any other figure I've bought in the line. Head swap wasn't too bad, did take a bit more pressure than usual though.
dagodfather
Is Gonna Make You An Offer...

Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:29 pm

For the folks just receiving the Alley Vipors. Any loose ankles? I got my set of 4 a few months back when they initially started to hit. One of the ankles on all of them was very loose. Just wondering if this is still the case for newer batches. Thx in advance for reply.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”