G.I. Joe Classified Alley Viper & B.A.T Wave

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Alley Viper & B.A.T Wave

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:33 pm

drkknght64 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:39 pm
Amazon for some stupid reason raised their price for BATs to $42.95?
That was likely done by an algorithm. If someone is feeling energized, it should be possible to contact them and get them to reset it, since selling it for almost twice MSRP violates anti-price gouging laws in multiple states (someone on Hisstank did this when they were selling the Alley Viper for this price point some weeks back). Anyone trying this should be prepared to back this up with legal statutes.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:38 pm

I grabbed 2 BATs when they were $12 and they were gone not soon after. I already had 5, but at that price I could help adding 2 more.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:31 am

I'm still waiting for my x3 BAT's and x3 Alley Vipers to come in at BBTS. I hope they do sometime next month.
Blackestday
CROM!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:52 am

Bubs wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:33 pm
drkknght64 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:39 pm
Amazon for some stupid reason raised their price for BATs to $42.95?
That was likely done by an algorithm. If someone is feeling energized, it should be possible to contact them and get them to reset it, since selling it for almost twice MSRP violates anti-price gouging laws in multiple states (someone on Hisstank did this when they were selling the Alley Viper for this price point some weeks back). Anyone trying this should be prepared to back this up with legal statutes.
i think price gouging laws are intended for essential items during a state of emergency...food, medicine, baby crap....not toys
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:46 am

I'm not particularly happy with how small the BATs are in general.
I got two coming from Pulse so I will see if I like them.
I understand reuse of parts and all but come on, the BATs should be imposing and should have been at least as tall as Roadblock
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:27 am

My Pulse order came in, so I've got one of each. No joint problems on either of mine, which is nice. Alley Viper was probably my favorite figure as a kid, so I'm super pumped to have him. The only complaints/criticism I have about him are that he has trouble holding his SMG in his right hand without the magazine popping out, (the design is true to the original toy, but the placement of the magazine was weird, even then), and the shin guards aren't centered on his boots; they're closer to the inside of his boots. If you line them up under the knee guards, his feet are pointed way out to the sides, which is weird. In action poses, it's not as noticeable, but if he's just standing, it's very noticable. Other than that, he's *amazing*. I love how he came out. Lots of nice details, the updates to the shield are fantastic, and he comes with a great amount of gear.

The BAT is exactly what I expected, and I love it. The only complaint, here, is the lack of a clear or translucent chest piece to replicate the lenticular chest of the original, and the way the holster is designed; the plastic on the strap doesn't play super well with the hip articulation; It pushes the belt up in weird ways because the plastic doesn't have enough give. Not sure what the solution would really be, though. Again, small complaints for an otherwise awesome figure. Again with the lots of gear; love the battle damaged head and chest armor, though I'll never be displaying him with either of the chest pieces. Very pumped to have both.
Boggsy1982
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:41 pm

My $14 Alley Viper showed up Saturday from Amazon, came in great condition. Reached out to Dorksidetoys on my B.A.T's I had paid for a while ago and turns out they were having some issues with their system....if you cancel part of your order and the rest has been paid for, they're not alerted to it. So they sent my order over to the warehouse and it's processing to be sent out. Just love their customer service!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:21 am

lightsyder wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:15 am
Jcmmavsfan wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:08 am
I was finally able to find an Alley Viper an I noticed there is a small notch on bottom inside of the back pack. Can anyone tell me what that is for?
You can attach one of the guns. Doesn't stay on very well though...
I give up. Which gun and where's the stud?
pulpy fiction
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:06 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:21 am
lightsyder wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:15 am
Jcmmavsfan wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:08 am
I was finally able to find an Alley Viper an I noticed there is a small notch on bottom inside of the back pack. Can anyone tell me what that is for?
You can attach one of the guns. Doesn't stay on very well though...
I give up. Which gun and where's the stud?
Its the one you have to assemble, with the crossbow end. It attaches, stupidly inside the trigger guard.
like this:
Even with the safety, i would be worried to run or walk overly heavy with that strapped like that. It doesn't seem to be a stable option for movement, but is this better than the pegs like the cobra infantry?
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:43 pm

Ohhh, I thought the hole on the inside of the bottom of the pack was for something.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:39 pm

The hole on the bottom is supposedly for stowing the OTHER gun. You stick a peg on the scope into the hole, and it just hangs there.

That's what I've read anyway. I've never seen the figure in person.
kboe1313
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:18 pm

I left out the crossbow and gave the gun to my BATs. It looks like a mean gun that way, and I think the BATs look much more dangerous over the hand blasters. The BATs are my favorite Cobra army builder by far. I was disappointed by the Alley Vipers, the vest restricts the legs too much. Plus the hips on mine are pretty loose, and with the high center of gravity I have a hell of a time standing them. Thankfully McFarlane figures all come with stands, been using them for some of my Classifieds. I wish the retro card figure stands would make their way to the mainline.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:10 pm

Like so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:29 pm

Hey anyone else having issues getting the BAT head off to swap out for the damaged head. I'm not trying to force it too much because it feels like I'm about to rip the neck out instead of just popping the head off.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:44 pm

drkknght64 wrote:Hey anyone else having issues getting the BAT head off to swap out for the damaged head. I'm not trying to force it too much because it feels like I'm about to rip the neck out instead of just popping the head off.
I haven’t tried but hit it with a hair dryer first for a few then try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”