G.I. Joe Classified Alley Viper & B.A.T Wave

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Alley Viper & B.A.T Wave

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:10 pm

I already had 3 BATs in my collection thanks to Amazon, but I stopped in a Target near my local comic shop, and there were 4 more BATs on the pegs, and 2 AVs. I only grabbed 2 more BATs for the army, and left the rest.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:14 pm

This is the only wave I have tried to hunt down in person as they are actually 25% cheaper in stores. Obviously zero luck so far.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:21 am

SalemCrow wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:10 pm
I already had 3 BATs in my collection thanks to Amazon, but I stopped in a Target near my local comic shop, and there were 4 more BATs on the pegs, and 2 AVs. I only grabbed 2 more BATs for the army, and left the rest.

I'm just kidding, buddy. I don't hate you. Just saying what we're ALLLLLL thinking!! ;)
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:07 pm

I could have grabbed them ALL and screwed any other local collectors, but I was ONLY buying what I wanted.

I wasn't looking for eBay scalper cash.

:wink:
Jcmmavsfan
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:34 pm

Can someone post the barcode for these? My Target had 2 Gung-Ho’s on the shelf today and I am afraid I missed the AVs and BATs. Since we are breaking up into individual threads, it would be nice to have the barcode included with the first page images.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:17 am

Got some Alley Vipers and more BATs from Entertainment Earth.

The Alley Viper is amazing! He’s got so much gear! Such a thrill to get an update of one of my favorite figures when I was a kid. This design is so eye-catching. I always loved the idea of a heavily armored urban shock trooper. Love the shield and the fact that his classic grappling hook gun in the backpack is now removable.

This line is on fire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matthew K
nah, pass

Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:03 am

I've got five B.A.T.s and two Alley Vipers and I think I'm good, but then again I haven't jumped on canceling some of the other pre-orders I have out there for these guys, so maybe not.
Akatsuki

G.I. Joe Classified Alley Viper & B.A.T Wave

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:22 am

Wow actually found a couple Alley Vipers at Target today in Massachussetts. Seems like distribution is a lot better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:02 am

Got my two B.A.T.S. from Pulse this afternoon. I can't wait for my others that I ordered from Dorkside and BBTS.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

superdoug
CROM!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:03 pm

Randomly enough after pretty much never seeing Joes in the stores except the movie wave I walked into a Target and happened upon 1 BAT and 2 Alley Vipers. Couldn’t believe it. Now I just need to find a few more BATs and I am set with this wave.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:27 pm

My B.A.T.s from Hasbro Pulse arrived today. I *think* I'm done. Hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nik
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:04 pm

Maybe it's because I'm not an army builder and only want one of each, but the toy gods look down on me and scowl when it comes to Joes. I've never seen any BATS or AVs in store, and I honestly did not expect BBTS to be the last to get this wave. I'm now regretting ordering the Spirit wave from them as well.

In fact, I may just cancel all of my orders through them and just take a step back from collecting. Between price increases and absolutely terrible distribution, compounded with an awful culture of flipping and hoarding that seems especially prevalent in my area, this hobby is starting to elicit too many negative emotions.

For the first time in ever, I'm starting to think my life may be better without toys. At least without the hunt, without the disappointment and frustration, the stress and the worry. It's not the BATs and Alley Viper's fault, it's not just FOMO, it's a cumulative effect, and all of the unreliability and greed these past couple of years has gathered and condensed like dirt in an oyster that's about to spit out a damn pearl the size of Galactus.

Of course, this all will get pushed down and forgotten as soon as I get my BAT and Alley Viper. Something about having toys in hand can really make you forget all of the stress and BS you had to deal with to get the damn things.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:11 pm

I'm still waiting on BBTS too. I have a feeling it will be a long wait. I saw the remnants of this wave at a local Target, so that was nice. It had been a while since I noticed any GI Joe actually on the shelf.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:26 pm

I have BATs preordered at both BBTS and Dorkside, but wasn't lucky enough to get the early shipments for either. I've stopped at Target a few times and the only thing they have restocked is more of the movie wave.
Akatsuki

Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:25 am

captaincracker wrote:I have BATs preordered at both BBTS and Dorkside, but wasn't lucky enough to get the early shipments for either. I've stopped at Target a few times and the only thing they have restocked is more of the movie wave.
BATs and Alley Vipers are showing up at retail in Mass. I found Alley Vipers in Westwood yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”