Super7: G.I. Joe ULTIMATES!

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
T'Chaka
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: G.I. Joe ULTIMATES!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:36 pm

So does anybody know if these things have ankle rockers? As much as I love the classified line, the vest hinders articulation, but I'm still able to get the poses I want. Would like to know this about ultimates, but never see them dynamically posed. They are usually just standing on a shelf of somebody's collection
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:58 pm

T'Chaka wrote:
So does anybody know if these things have ankle rockers? As much as I love the classified line, the vest hinders articulation, but I'm still able to get the poses I want. Would like to know this about ultimates, but never see them dynamically posed. They are usually just standing on a shelf of somebody's collection
I'd imagine something close to the TMNT Shredder: https://youtu.be/xUOxhVQjkVg?t=509
PG-Superfan
CROM!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:35 am

Handsome wrote:
T'Chaka wrote:
I'd imagine something close to the TMNT Shredder: https://youtu.be/xUOxhVQjkVg?t=509
Key difference being that the Joes (except for the BAT) have ab crunch. The BAT doesn't get it because his robot guts are sculpted and painted behind the clear chest window instead of being a lenticular sticker like vintage.
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:26 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
Handsome wrote:
T'Chaka wrote:
Key difference being that the Joes (except for the BAT) have ab crunch. The BAT doesn't get it because his robot guts are sculpted and painted behind the clear chest window instead of being a lenticular sticker like vintage.
Thanks, feeling more confident about my purchases. Will Super7 ship to customers or stores like bbts first? Still on the fence with Snake Eyes. I feel like I'll miss Timber and the jet pack if I dont get it though lol
PG-Superfan
CROM!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:49 pm

T'Chaka wrote:
PG-Superfan wrote:
Handsome wrote:

Thanks, feeling more confident about my purchases. Will Super7 ship to customers or stores like bbts first? Still on the fence with Snake Eyes. I feel like I'll miss Timber and the jet pack if I dont get it though lol
They start shipping sets of 4 first, then sets of 3, then sets of 2, then single figures. BBTS presumably gets a lot of stock early on. I've found that Surething Toys gets theirs a few weeks earlier but they require upfront payment. (Still better than buying from S7 direct for shipping purposes.)
ChefDeadpool
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:46 pm

T'Chaka wrote:
Take a look at this Pixel Dan video about Lion-O's articulation (timestamped)
Ignore the ab crunch thing, this was fixed in a later release of the figure and isn't present in newer stuff.
Their tooling has improved a lot since then.

https://youtu.be/3EB1P_z22G0?t=388
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:53 pm

If the cartoon Snake Eyes wasn't such a doofus, I'd consider it, but man.....I LOATHED how they portrayed him on the show. Sure, he couldn't talk and that limited the writers, but they still could have done better than making him this weird joke character that breakdances and dresses in full 80s Boy George regalia.

If the v2 Visor version is actually black I'd probably cave in, but if he's purple, that's gonna be a no, dawg.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:32 pm

Really hope they update the hips they've been using for this line. I really hate how thin the post one joint is and how loose they are on pretty much every TMNT figure of theirs. Thicken up those posts so they seem less fragile and that would be enough for me, or possibly redesign them into something like the ball joints Neca and just about everyone else has migrated over to using.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:55 pm

os189 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:53 pm
If the cartoon Snake Eyes wasn't such a doofus, I'd consider it, but man.....I LOATHED how they portrayed him on the show. Sure, he couldn't talk and that limited the writers, but they still could have done better than making him this weird joke character that breakdances and dresses in full 80s Boy George regalia.

If the v2 Visor version is actually black I'd probably cave in, but if he's purple, that's gonna be a no, dawg.
I'm passing on the current one, I just can't do the V1 goggles look. I probably will get the V2 visor version even if he's purple, just because I want a Snake Eyes in 7 inch scale and I don't think I'll have any other options. But I won't be happy about it. I'll take this look over the current Ultimates look, but it sill looks so off to me:

I understand going cartoon accurate for some things. But even as a kid, I didn't like his look on the show, and he was by far my favorite GI Joe character. But I always thought he was supposed to be in black with grey belts/straps. This would be my personal ultimate Snake Eyes:

While I'm passing on Snake Eyes and the BAT, I think I am gonna get Cobra Commander and Duke. Duke looks pretty much perfect. And while I prefer the hooded Cobra Commander head, who knows when we'll get that. And I'm sure people will make custom heads for it like they have for the Classified Cobra Commander.
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:13 am

PG-Superfan wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:49 pm
T'Chaka wrote:
PG-Superfan wrote:

They start shipping sets of 4 first, then sets of 3, then sets of 2, then single figures. BBTS presumably gets a lot of stock early on. I've found that Surething Toys gets theirs a few weeks earlier but they require upfront payment. (Still better than buying from S7 direct for shipping purposes.)
I ordered from S7 thinking they'd ship first. I'll check out Surething Toys. It is a year tho, so I guess a few weeks wont make too much of a difference. If they articulate as well as the Lion O I'll be happy. It's either get Snake Eyes or another Bat...
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:44 am

hmmm, maybe S7 will do a black SE but with purple highlights, kinda like the spiderverse movie look, that would be dope

sidenote: this thread will be here for 1 year, the figs come out july 2022 :( :( :(
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:19 pm

Interesting articulation comments/vids (as someone who has no experience with ultimates), thanks for posting. I’m hoping the knees/elbows have a little better than 90 range, not being so muscled as lion-o etc. The hip set up on the joes looks like it might have more range too? I’d love if they could get to 90 degrees (and I wonder if because of the vehicle potential they might have put some thinking into making that possible). I’m hoping they turn out pretty poseable - I want to fall for this line!
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:40 pm

Why aren’t we getting the hooded Cobra Commander head? Did it not cost out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChefDeadpool
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:44 pm

MagnusPrimal wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:40 pm
Why aren’t we getting the hooded Cobra Commander head? Did it not cost out?

Brian Flynn was just told not to do the hood for this version of CC when he showed Hasbro the run sheet for the figure. They didn't tell him why.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:05 pm

Huh. Seems odd. Especially for an “Ultimates” version.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”