Super7: G.I. Joe ULTIMATES!

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
ChefDeadpool
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: G.I. Joe ULTIMATES!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:29 pm

Shreddar wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:22 pm
useasneeded4pain wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:22 pm
A bit more discussion about Hooded Cobra Commander in PixelDan's interview with Brian. Basically, Hasbro asked him not to make it right now:

https://youtu.be/zIN6Ml6OAjA?t=811
Thanks for sharing this. One of the cringiest videos I’ve seen all year.

And based on this interview, I realize he’s just out for money. The way he tiptoes around the issue, he’s like a junior level politician.

If I were in charge of Super7 and I presented my plans for my “ultimate” cobra commander to have a hood, and they said no hood, then my response would be, thank you very much for your time, best of luck finding a new toy company to produce a 7” animated line”
That is what you gleaned from this hour long video where he explains the entire production process? You should see a professional about your paranoia. It's unhealthy.
useasneeded4pain
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:58 pm

Shreddar wrote:
useasneeded4pain wrote:
A bit more discussion about Hooded Cobra Commander in PixelDan's interview with Brian. Basically, Hasbro asked him not to make it right now:

If I were in charge of Super7 and I presented my plans for my “ultimate” cobra commander to have a hood, and they said no hood, then my response would be, thank you very much for your time, best of luck finding a new toy company to produce a 7” animated line”
I'm not too fussed about the hood yet, since the first Cobra Commander is based solely on the original mini-series/original toy. Hopefully they're able to make it later with the darker paint job the suit should have with the hood.

I firmly believe collectors should vote with their wallets. I still want this figure, but if others don't want it then send the message by not spending money on it.
Shreddar
Super Poseable

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:15 pm

ChefDeadpool wrote:

That is what you gleaned from this hour long video where he explains the entire production process? You should see a professional about your paranoia. It's unhealthy.
I didn’t watch the full video, just the 5 minutes that was bookmarked and linked by the previous fwoosh poster. It’s a tough 5 minutes to get through but I made it. Double speak, bad analogies, tripping over his own words, then diverting the subject to Star Wars.

Yikes.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:19 pm

Shreddar wrote:
useasneeded4pain wrote:

Thanks for sharing this. One of the cringiest videos I’ve seen all year.

And based on this interview, I realize he’s just out for money. The way he tiptoes around the issue, he’s like a junior level politician.

"Mr Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."
ChefDeadpool

Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:24 am

Shreddar wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:15 pm
ChefDeadpool wrote:

I didn’t watch the full video, just the 5 minutes that was bookmarked and linked by the previous fwoosh poster. It’s a tough 5 minutes to get through but I made it. Double speak, bad analogies, tripping over his own words, then diverting the subject to Star Wars.

Yikes.
If you can't be bothered to get the full context by watching the entire video up to that point (which includes how important Super7's contribution is to Hasbro) then don't bother us with your half-***ed thoughts. Your short attention span and/or impatience is your problem, not ours.

Taking things at face value is not a good habit.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:26 am

lol
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:16 am

Could be a good opportunity to pack the hooded head in with the DiC Battle Armor CC to help with sales. Or do the more ceremonially-adorned DiC normal CC, and have both hooded designs. Just seems like a 'when' and not an 'if' so that's good news.
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:50 pm

Even if they never make the hooded commander head, I'm good, these figures look great. I bit the bullet and placed my order. Still not sure about articulation though. Having them in hand will determine whether or not I'm all in
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:23 am

Same on the articulation front. I’m ok with the elbows and knees (would be great if they have a bit more than 90 degrees though), but the ankles/torso/neck up and down will be key for me.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:25 pm

Shreddar wrote:
This is one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum. Small toy company obtains licenses for multiple properties (G.I. Joe, Transformers, Power Rangers) from one of the largest toy companies on the planet allowing them to make action figures in multiple scales as well as merchandise... but let's spit in their eye and destroy the entire relationship because they won't us include an alternate head that we want. Genius business plan fella.
Shreddar
Super Poseable

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:17 am

PantherCult wrote:
Shreddar wrote:
This is one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum. Small toy company obtains licenses for multiple properties (G.I. Joe, Transformers, Power Rangers) from one of the largest toy companies on the planet allowing them to make action figures in multiple scales as well as merchandise... but let's spit in their eye and destroy the entire relationship because they won't us include an alternate head that we want. Genius business plan fella.
It’s the reason they won’t let you include the head. At a certain point, the lunacy escalates and the brand becomes worthless. Eventually none of the characters have guns, they have walkie talkies instead. And the brand becomes so diluted, no one wants it.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:26 am

Shreddar wrote:

It’s the reason they won’t let you include the head. At a certain point, the lunacy escalates and the brand becomes worthless. Eventually none of the characters have guns, they have walkie talkies instead. And the brand becomes so diluted, no one wants it.
Super7 is a toy company that wants to make toys. I guarantee if they were told no guns with Hasbro characters they would shrug and then happily move on - the Hasbro licenses are going to be a cash cow for them with G.I. Joe, Transformers and Power Rangers in ReAction, Ultimates, vinyl figs, T-Shirts, etc. Picking a fight with a licensor they feel fortunate to be working with over certain restrictions would be shooting thenselves in the foot. The lack of a hooded Commander "for now" is hardly going to devalue the G.I. Joe brand and certainly not a reason to walk away from a lucrative partnership.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:35 am

Shreddar wrote:
PantherCult wrote:
Shreddar wrote:
Tell me who you voted for without telling me who you voted for...
KvHulk
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm

Handsome wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:35 am
Tell me who you voted for without telling me who you voted for...
I voted for one of the people that was up for election. The one with the eyes, ears & nose.
ChefDeadpool

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:39 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:26 am
Shreddar wrote:

Super7 is a toy company that wants to make toys. I guarantee if they were told no guns with Hasbro characters they would shrug and then happily move on - the Hasbro licenses are going to be a cash cow for them with G.I. Joe, Transformers and Power Rangers in ReAction, Ultimates, vinyl figs, T-Shirts, etc. Picking a fight with a licensor they feel fortunate to be working with over certain restrictions would be shooting thenselves in the foot. The lack of a hooded Commander "for now" is hardly going to devalue the G.I. Joe brand and certainly not a reason to walk away from a lucrative partnership.
At this point he's just willfully creating strawmen based on community speculation. I'm also pretty sure he understands how the business works but just doesn't like it, and this is his way of lashing out. Best to ignore him and move on.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”