Super7: G.I. Joe ULTIMATES!

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: G.I. Joe ULTIMATES!

Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:46 pm

This leak of ReAction figures from last month turned out to be totally accurate: https://toynewsi.com/345-39203

For wave 2, they had a listed a second Cobra Commander and a comic version of Snake Eyes. So I'm assuming that means we'll eventually get those in Ultimates as well. Though it says "Comic V1" for Snake Eyes, which I think he still had the commando look in his first comic appearance too. So still a while before we get the ninja look, but at least he'll be in all black.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:48 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:58 pm
Anyone old enough to remember TV Guide? That’s how we old farts knew what was coming on tv for the week. When a lot of tv was still free in the airwaves. These Joes harken me back to those medieval days.
Remember it, but my parents never paid for it. We had to rely on the local paper posting that evening's tv listings. At least until we finally got the TV Guide channel.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:57 pm

GrumpyMatt wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:33 pm
Night Wolf wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:45 pm
i was looking at snake eyes more closely, really dont remember him looking like that in the cartoon?
im gonna pass on him but the wolf looks good thou
It's "first appearance" Snake Eyes from the Weather Dominator 5-part series that aired before the cartoon was a regular thing.

And this was pre-internet so not many knew the series was coming — at least no one I knew. I was just flipping around the TV one afternoon and GI Joe was there. It was pretty awesome. I did miss the first episode and half of the second the first time around but they aired it a few times after.
interesting, never knew he had a first appearance look
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:17 pm

It's based on his first toy, except that was all black instead of blue and purple. He only had it for the first mini-series, which was 5 episodes. After that, he went to his V2 look
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:01 am

Handsome wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:46 pm
This leak of ReAction figures from last month turned out to be totally accurate: https://toynewsi.com/345-39203

For wave 2, they had a listed a second Cobra Commander and a comic version of Snake Eyes. So I'm assuming that means we'll eventually get those in Ultimates as well. Though it says "Comic V1" for Snake Eyes, which I think he still had the commando look in his first comic appearance too. So still a while before we get the ninja look, but at least he'll be in all black.
Oh cool! Comic v1 would be my top snake eyes choice, so glad they are differentiating.
ChefDeadpool
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:38 pm

Honestly the fact that Storm Shadow was really the only ninja in the cartoon is still really appealing to me. Also, his nemesis being Spirit instead of another ninja feels much more fresh than ninja-vs-ninja stuff we saw everywhere later. Even V2 Snake Eyes was pretty much just a mute dude in dark clothing. I much prefer commando Snake Eyes for variety's sake.
ChefDeadpool

Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:02 pm

Handsome wrote:
Ro-El wrote:
Anyone old enough to remember TV Guide? That’s how we old farts knew what was coming on tv for the week. When a lot of tv was still free in the airwaves. These Joes harken me back to those medieval days.
Remember it, but my parents never paid for it. We had to rely on the local paper posting that evening's tv listings. At least until we finally got the TV Guide channel.
Funny you mention this. My mom just sent me a package stuffed with a 1984 issue of the Chicago Sun Times. Lo and behold…Image
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:47 pm

Scotch n Ciggs wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:21 pm
MentalManipulator wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:27 pm
No female in wave one? What is this? 2005?

This will be a big pass for me until they do the ladies. And they better look good cause their track record with the MOTU ladies is awful.
So basically you're trying to say you won't buy them without complaining about the price? Cool.
I'm saying i won't start collecting these until they prove they can do the females in the line right. They are always the anchor for me.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:51 am

ChefDeadpool wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:02 pm
Handsome wrote:
Ro-El wrote:
Funny you mention this. My mom just sent me a package stuffed with a 1984 issue of the Chicago Sun Times. Lo and behold…Image
haha wow, Three's Company was still airing in primetime in '84. I think of that as such a '70s show.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:58 pm

These of are all currently available:

Not to mention, Hasbro has full episodes uploaded on their YouTube page where he's wearing the hood: https://youtu.be/Y9sa6esAWrQ?list=PLeWM ... yeq&t=1042

I really don't think Hasbro's "banned" or "canceled" the hooded head or whatever, I think they probably just want to release it for Classified first before they let Super7 do it.
useasneeded4pain
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:53 pm

Handsome wrote:

I really don't think Hasbro's "banned" or "canceled" the hooded head or whatever, I think they probably just want to release it for Classified first before they let Super7 do it.
Super7 also a has a hooded Cobra Commander t-shirt for sale that they showed in the same livestream as the Joes. So I agree, I think part of the deal is letting Hasbro do theirs first.
ChefDeadpool

Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:07 pm

useasneeded4pain wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:53 pm
Handsome wrote:

Super7 also a has a hooded Cobra Commander t-shirt for sale that they showed in the same livestream as the Joes. So I agree, I think part of the deal is letting Hasbro do theirs first.
I sure hope everyone saying this is right.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:36 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm right that they will eventually make a hooded Cobra Commander (and a Snake Eyes with the visor), it's just a matter of when. Wave 1 isn't scheduled until 2022, and then I doubt they're going to include the same characters in Wave 2 with so many other GI Joe characters they could make, so it'll probably be a long time before they repeat characters. Like multiple years.

But then again, their Thundercats Ultimates had Mumm-Ra in both Waves 1 and 2, so maybe I'm wrong and we get them sooner since they are both popular characters. But I'm not getting my hopes up. If they come sooner, great. But I'm not expecting them until 2023 or 2024.
useasneeded4pain
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:22 pm

A bit more discussion about Hooded Cobra Commander in PixelDan's interview with Brian. Basically, Hasbro asked him not to make it right now:

https://youtu.be/zIN6Ml6OAjA?t=811
Shreddar
Super Poseable

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:22 pm

useasneeded4pain wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:22 pm
A bit more discussion about Hooded Cobra Commander in PixelDan's interview with Brian. Basically, Hasbro asked him not to make it right now:

https://youtu.be/zIN6Ml6OAjA?t=811
Thanks for sharing this. One of the cringiest videos I’ve seen all year.

And based on this interview, I realize he’s just out for money. The way he tiptoes around the issue, he’s like a junior level politician.

If I were in charge of Super7 and I presented my plans for my “ultimate” cobra commander to have a hood, and they said no hood, then my response would be, thank you very much for your time, best of luck finding a new toy company to produce a 7” animated line”

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics