G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
maczero
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:01 pm

Has anyone noticed that the movie figures are selling better than expected? Two weeks ago, I went to several stores that had multiple Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadows and the occasional Baroness. Now I don't see any movie stuff on the shelf. I wonder if I'm making a mistake waiting for these guys to hit clearance.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:44 pm

maczero wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:01 pm
Has anyone noticed that the movie figures are selling better than expected? Two weeks ago, I went to several stores that had multiple Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadows and the occasional Baroness. Now I don't see any movie stuff on the shelf. I wonder if I'm making a mistake waiting for these guys to hit clearance.
Possibly, but even if Fwoosh is an accurate barometer for the national market you still have to consider the local store.

Just consider how some Walmarts are putting the exclusive Cap on clearance before pre-orders (at full price) ship. Repeat of Cable?!!! :evil:

How often have we seen large numbers of Joes on the shelf in the past?

Do you just want individual figures or do you want to army build White Ninja's and turn Barnoness into a group of Nightstalkers?

I was hoping that Barnoness, with her short hair and perceived giraffe neck problems, would be the first for deep discounting but that doesn't seem to be the case.

When I goto the store, I just find Flint, one or two Lady Jayes and CC. But it is possible the martial arts aspect of the movie figures really help to sell them here.
maczero
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:04 pm

Fly4v wrote:
How often have we seen large numbers of Joes on the shelf in the past?
Lately? Quite a bit. Like you mentioned, Flint, Lady and CC are all easy to find. It's the movie stuff that seems to disappearing.
Fly4v wrote:
Do you just want individual figures or do you want to army build White Ninja's and turn Barnoness into a group of Nightstalkers?
Actually, I was planning on using several Scarlet's as Black Widows for my MCU shelf.

I'll do another hunt this weekend. If the movie characters seem scarce then I'll probably pull the trigger and get them now.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:36 pm

Here's a couple pictures taken earlier this week of the thirty-five figures at my Wal-Mart. Could be a case of Wal-Mart's wonky distribution sending all those figures to a low to medium volume store. One case sold, then the shelves were empty for several weeks until they unloaded all these.

RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:44 pm

I'll see your 35 and raise you 14.
Walmart GIJoe Stock.jpg
Walmart GIJoe Stock.jpg (2.02 MiB) Viewed 2060 times
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:34 pm

I have seen tons of this wave of Joes at every walmart locally.

I wonder if these are backorders or if maybe they took delivery of overstock for credit toward future items (or exclusives).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:21 am

maczero wrote:
Fly4v wrote:
Actually, I was planning on using several Scarlet's as Black Widows for my MCU shelf.
Are you making custom bodies or head swaps with per-existing MCU figures?
thewyldman
HULK SMASH!

Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:43 am

Anybody have a photo of Movie Scarlett wearing the harness/quiver from the wave 1 figure?
maczero
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:29 am

Fly4v wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:21 am
maczero wrote:
Fly4v wrote:
Are you making custom bodies or head swaps with per-existing MCU figures?
Keeping it simple so just head swaps. However, I may pass on the idea since I learned that her uniform isn't black.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:30 pm

Found Akiko, and especially since she was pretty much the only thing I liked about the movie, I really appreciate how much it looks like the actress. I definitely gained a crush over the runtime, haha.

Plus, while they didn't have to make a new character, I'm actually glad they did, because the figure is so good, I don't have to worry about deciding which should be the default display version like Scarlett (2nd Classified head on 1st Classified body) or Snake Eyes (very very likely the movie figure with some of Classified's accessories).

I kinda wish her separate blades connected to make the longer version, but it's actually kinda nice to have a longer version by itself, so the individuals don't have obvious peg & hole on their ends.
thewyldman
HULK SMASH!

Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:25 pm

I'm bummed the movie didn't do better because it would've been nice to get figures of the masters, the villain of the film, and some good troopers in form of the temple guards and the Cobra Troopers
Kassle
CROM!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:16 am

Hmmm...finally saw the flick. And while I will send most of my movie-related thoughts over to the forum for movies...I have some things to say about the movie here with regard to the figures.

1. Movie started slow for me, but picked up considerably after about 45 minutes (end of "2nd challenge"). I found I quite like Scarlett, Akiko, Old Lady & Tommy quite a bit. Hard Master & Blind Master were solid too, as was Kenta. Just about the only performer I didn't really warm to was Golding himself. Like...he was serviceable but didn't spark any deep excitement for me.

2. If this movie had been anticipated to be more successful do we think we would have gotten a 2nd wave? There were plenty of fun characters who didn't make the Wave 1 cutoff:
*Hard Master
*Blind Master
*Kento in his fighting gear
*SE in ninja Uniform
*SS in ninja uniform

Didnt need em per se but its interesting how mush room there was for merch.
Evil Monkey Pope
CROM!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:31 am

Is something supposed to plug into the hole in Baroness's back, aside from her silencer?
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:36 pm

While most of my Wal-Marts have the same 50 movie figures everyone else is seeing, one store had a ton of movie Scarletts mixed in too. No Akiko, but at least 6 Scarletts along with the 25 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows.
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:31 am
Is something supposed to plug into the hole in Baroness's back, aside from her silencer?

I Got the Fortnite lynx figure yesterday and it has a black twisted looking teddy bear. Wondering if it would look good on Baroness.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”