G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:48 pm

Preorder opened back up for Scarlett so I just ordered from Target.
Nik
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:29 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:39 pm
Nik wrote:They had 2 cases of these at the Pittsburg, CA Walmart this morning, skipped em all but damn the Scarlett looks fantastic. They also had the Flint wave up the wazoo.
Oh nice!

You saw Scarlet and Akiko from the movie?

I think this is the first sighting at a walmart, the others have been target and overseas.

I have a walmart 12-15 minutes in every direction, but my one closest Target is about 45, and then the others are all an hour plus.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yep they had Scarlett and Akiko, sorry I didn't get any pics. I went back later yesterday looking for IW Captain America, and the Akikos and Scarletts were gone
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:57 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:32 am
Fly4v wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:01 pm
Has anyone seen Akiko or Scarlett yet?
I can't even find a pre-release video review of an early sample.

If the other figures are starting to peg-warm and the movie did poorly Hasbro wouldn't cancel the product?

Also, how many figures would Hasbro need to sell to recover the tooling cost for the molds?
I just found Akiko at Target in Portland, OR tonight. Scarlett already sold, but I was mainly only after Akiko to integrate her into the regular Classified line.

She looks a lot better IMO than the promo images. I’ll try to get a picture tomorrow.
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing how she looks with the rest of the Joe. 8)
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:41 pm

I still haven't seen the movie, but I picked up the figures anyway and three for three they stand in really well with the main line. I'll likely never use the unmasked heads, but Storm Shadow is a very slick figure, Snake Eyes himself is a well-articulated, clean-lined variant worth keeping around (though the trigger figures fit with the trench knives very weirdly), and Baroness... Looks like a comic book version of Baroness trying out a new haircut, which honestly just feels on brand for Baroness. Only one I'm on the fence with is Akiko because I'm not familiar with the character, but I'll pick up Scarlett too since she just looks like a very solid variant of the character, even a bit less cartoony than the main line's (though I don't mind the bright colors of the first release, she's fab IMO).
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:46 pm

I have two of Akiko on preorder. Great base for a future custom.
Even if I don't have her in the Joe lineup I think she will be good with Wolverine, Daredevil or Shang-Chi.

I really regret missing Silver Samurai when he was on clearance... Would have made the good start for a Ran display. :rolleyes:

Edit: Good Scarlett review.
Unfortunately the movie figure has a different neck peg so no easy head swaps.

https://youtu.be/cWtAfjVVl_4
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:48 am

Fly4v wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:46 pm
I have two of Akiko on preorder. Great base for a future custom.
Even if I don't have her in the Joe lineup I think she will be good with Wolverine, Daredevil or Shang-Chi.

I really regret missing Silver Samurai when he was on clearance... Would have made the good start for a Ran display. :rolleyes:

Edit: Good Scarlett review.
Unfortunately the movie figure has a different neck peg so no easy head swaps.

https://youtu.be/cWtAfjVVl_4
This an amazing figure! I love her face and all the details sculpted in her costume. I also think her silhouette is far superior then the clunky regular release.

I wouldn't mind if Hasbro used this as a base for an eventual more classic looking colors Scarlett.

I may even buy two to try and do a custom repaint myself.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:47 pm

Found and couldn’t pass up. I gave her the knives that came with Snake Eyes.

I doubt this head fits on the other Scarlett figure. Ball seems smaller. I haven’t tried.

Her boots are thick at the ankle but they work. I like her crossbow size. Wish the elbows had more ROM. She has butterfly shoulder joints. Cool.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crosshair
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:30 pm

I'm going to have to track this Scarlett down, looks like she turned out great. I think it'll be a hard decision on which one to put in my Classified display.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:32 am

Is the crossbow still the (lame) one that comes apart or is it one solid piece?

Debating getting her just for the gun and to hollow out the head a bit to stick on Classified Scarlett.
8 Immortal Master
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:48 pm

The crossbow looks like the one that came with Beach Head, just not obnoxious, brilliant green. If that is the case, my Beach Head will be inheriting this one once Scarlett goes on clearance and I grab her.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:09 pm

My store has 35 figures and they didn't get the Scarlett wave. This store lost Classified at the Jan reset, so this was their return to the shelves. What a disaster.
Slaker
Avengers Assemble

Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:56 am

8 Immortal Master wrote:The crossbow looks like the one that came with Beach Head, just not obnoxious, brilliant green. If that is the case, my Beach Head will be inheriting this one once Scarlett goes on clearance and I grab her.
Not the same, but close enough that you can get it to plug into Beachhead's backpack. I think it's the nicest looking sculpt of the three different crossbows we've gotten in the line.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:00 pm

Missed Scarlett in store, but saw Akiko. Very nice figure, but she wasn't militant enough for me to add to my Joe collection.
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable

Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:40 pm

Found at least a case each of Scarlett and Akiko at one of my local Walmart's, along with the other 3 movie figures. Nothing beats the 36 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows I found the other day though. Passed on both as I'm not in a huge rush for them. I'll wait for my Amazon preorders which should be shipping soon, and probably pick up a few more of these when they hit clearence in a couple months. Scarlett looks incredible in person though! The headsculpt is fantastic. Akiko looks like good female ninja fodder, and could maybe work for a casual Xialing from Legends?
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:42 pm

I can’t speak to Scarlett since I don’t have the movie one yet, but I’ve found that when the neck pegs aren’t compatible, it is possible to actually swap the necks themselves and then pop on the head. I was able to do that with a regular and movie Snake-Eyes.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”