G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

Mon May 17, 2021 5:37 am

Teaser looks rad, as do the behind the scenes featurettes! I'm ready, baby!!!!
Preacherpool
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 17, 2021 8:19 am

I'm still more excited for the toys. Which isn't a knock on the movie but rather an indication that we're getting high enough quality figures that the movie doesn't need to sell them to me.

But it makes me wish they had done this Akiko outfit first. Saved the other one for a possible motorcycle set, done with a more accurate white accent and an alternate helmeted head...

madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:48 pm

Someone has movie Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow in-hand already and posted a lot of HQ pictures.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the face printing is. Still, no boot swivel is a bummer.
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:18 pm

The faces are indeed amazing. Can't wait to see the ladies. I fear Scarlett will be a super tiny figure since the actress is very petite. I hope she looks good next to Lady Jaye since, for now, she'll be my official Scarlett on the shelf until they release a classic accurate one.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:29 pm

First in hand video review for movie Baroness. Man, that neck is just too long. She looks weird with the elongated neck. Big surprse is that she has boot swivel unlike Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. Make's me hope that Scarlet and Akiko have boot swivel also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dkWPu8axVE&t=1s
vicious7171
CROM!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Scarlett looks like she has boot swivel. Hard to say on Akiko.

I gotta say, MAJOR PET PEEVE, that all these women movie figures have high heel shoes. Hate posing figures with them, and for 3 out of 3 to have it, even though they're all action-characters, is weak.

In for Snake Eyes, because I dig it as a generic cyber-ninja, and I'll use the extra head as a trooper head, but overall this line is the easiest Classified passes so far by a mile.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:17 pm

It seems that the peg they use for the movie heads are smaller that what is used for the regular Classified line. So putting movie head onto Classified body won't work unless you do some major alterations. You can put regular classified head onto movie body but it will be very loose so you will need to use some sort of "filler" like blue tack or putty. Too bad because I wanted to try using movie Scarlett head on regular Scarlett Classified body.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:07 am

madflava wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:29 pm
First in hand video review for movie Baroness. Man, that neck is just too long. She looks weird with the elongated neck. Big surprse is that she has boot swivel unlike Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. Make's me hope that Scarlet and Akiko have boot swivel also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dkWPu8axVE&t=1s
Why is the box art um shapely-er than the actual figure? :(

Not only is the neck too long but her choker is choking her.

Calf rotation is nice.
Hips, waist and knees are great.

Ab crunch not so much.

That MP5 is perfect.

Looks like a good start of a custom.

Edit: Why is the CI Baroness' neck hinge molded in black? Are all of them like that?
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:43 am

I'm predicting peg-warming and clearances on Scarlett, Baroness, and especially Akiko, the likes of which we haven't seen since Rogue One.

I don't think the designs for Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow are particularly good either, but they're big characters and eventually they'll sell through. Be prepared to see lots of the others for at least a year and a half after they're released.
vicious7171
CROM!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:22 pm

madflava wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:17 pm
It seems that the peg they use for the movie heads are smaller that what is used for the regular Classified line. So putting movie head onto Classified body won't work unless you do some major alterations. You can put regular classified head onto movie body but it will be very loose so you will need to use some sort of "filler" like blue tack or putty. Too bad because I wanted to try using movie Scarlett head on regular Scarlett Classified body.
Thanks for the heads up (lol). That would have been a nice swap. Can always dremel the heads a bit. The sphere grinder bits for dremels works great for this sort of thing; I just had to do a similar fitting for a WWE head onto a Classified body. OFC nothing beats being able to swap right out of the box.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:11 pm

Fly4v wrote:

Edit: Why is the CI Baroness' neck hinge molded in black? Are all of them like that?
Motorcycle helmet head she comes with. You don't notice it at all on her default head, and it blends the helmet in.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:48 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:11 pm
Fly4v wrote:

Motorcycle helmet head she comes with. You don't notice it at all on her default head, and it blends the helmet in.
Cool thanks. Wondered if it was a one off.
I'll probably never see that figure outside of the internet. 8)
Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:43 am

A bit disappointing to see I can't do a clean head swap with Scarlett's head. But hey, that's what Dremel tools are for.

Here's hoping the movie crushes it with a lot more than us zany nerds so GI Joe can keep going for a long time.

Have fun, all!
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:36 am

Movie Snake Eyes video review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTz5n64vqSY
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!