G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
maczero
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:40 pm

Okay, I've gone from barely interested in this line to possibly being all in after seeing the figures. Still am not going to pre-order though. I'm willing to wait until figure reviews start.
madflava
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:04 pm

Just realized that if you give Akiko a Black Series light saber, she would fit in as some random Jedi.
Fly4v
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:10 am

Slixta wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:59 am
Artistix wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:33 am
A lot of hate for the Baroness head! I think the resemblance to the actress is really good.
I think the face is absolutely gorgeous, I just hate the hair so much.

When we eventually get a Baroness redeco, I'll probably snatch her hair.
After looking at the Baroness pics for the last few days... I'm thinking about a hair swap from either the basic movie figure, the Spider Woman figure or even a DC figure just to get away for the "Hasbro" hair styles.
Artistix
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:10 am

While I'm still unsure about peoples 'hatred' for the Baroness figures hair (It's not like she has a mohawk!)....wouldn't that be more the fault of the actress than Hasbro?

Bashbash99
CROM!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:02 pm

Artistix wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:10 am
While I'm still unsure about peoples 'hatred' for the Baroness figures hair (It's not like she has a mohawk!)....wouldn't that be more the fault of the actress than Hasbro?
Why would we blame the actor? do you think she dictated what hairstyle her character would have to the director/producers?
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:42 pm

Right, the actor had no say in the hairstyle. If they wanted her to have long hair, she would've just grown in it out since it's not like her hair is permanently in one style or more likely just worn a wig.
salty tbone
Here comes a new challenger!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:35 pm

I don't dislike Baroness head/hair. She's one of the two movie figures I pre-ordered. Still, I can't help but think "Bob's Burgers' Tina as an adult" every time I see it.
Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:45 pm

I don't mind the hair as a style in of itself. But it doesn't look anything like any of the major representations of the character that I've seen for the last near-40 years. She's pretty iconic in having glasses/really long hair.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:09 pm

Kassle wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:45 pm
I don't mind the hair as a style in of itself. But it doesn't look anything like any of the major representations of the character that I've seen for the last near-40 years. She's pretty iconic in having glasses/really long hair.
This!

Even Sienna Miller's look was way more faithful to the character.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 pm

Wait, doesn't the figure have glasses? And a black body suit? And Cobra logos? And probably a villain attitude? Maybe a little sassy with a dark side? All while knowing absolutely nothing about the movie itself? We're just talking hair right?
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:00 pm

Do these really not have boot swivels?
SuperSoldier
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:48 am

RoboKillah wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 pm
Wait, doesn't the figure have glasses? And a black body suit? And Cobra logos? And probably a villain attitude? Maybe a little sassy with a dark side? All while knowing absolutely nothing about the movie itself? We're just talking hair right?
We also had comparisons to Victoria's Secrets and fetish attire as if that wasn't already a thing with Baroness. :ugh:

Her look could be based on G.I.JOE: Renagades. I'm fine with the movie mixing it up, it's not like we don't already have a perfect classic Baroness head sculpt in the classified line.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:52 am

Apparently, women aren't allowed to change their hairstyles. I doubt any of us know women who have done so. Once a person, or character, has a hairstyle...that's it until the end of time.
Artistix
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:26 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:52 am
Apparently, women aren't allowed to change their hairstyles. I doubt any of us know women who have done so. Once a person, or character, has a hairstyle...that's it until the end of time.
:lol:
Bashbash99 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:02 pm
Why would we blame the actor? do you think she dictated what hairstyle her character would have to the director/producers?
She seems to have the same hairstyle a lot. Perhaps the director/producers liked it, or maybe the actress didn't see any reason to have long hair & convinced them of this.

Unless you have evidence to the contrary?

She may be a relatively unknown performer (in the West?), but sometimes the studio's/movie crew listen to them.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:52 am

Saw these figures at Toyfair, and my only thought was “hope they are widely available”. If so, I can see myself picking any of them up besides Snake Eyes.

I dont mind the look of this Baroness, and the other non-movie Classified figures have a style that’s similar enough for me to display them together. Movie Scarlet definitely looks better than the other one.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”