GI Joe Classified gripes

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Prophet924
Thwipp!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: GI Joe Classified gripes

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:15 pm

I’m not buying the Target is the problem line.

There are six etailers and at least four BnM I know of that are selling GI Joe classified. None or a trickle are coming from them.

I don’t believe if product was available they would be holding it fir any reason.

Hasbro in their diminished resources to create plastic toys are choosing not to make these. They are making other less expensive to make pieces instead.

I don’t buy they don’t know the demand. That’s garbage too. All of those etailers and BnM are putting in orders.

I think if percentages are to be assigned in blame Hasbro gets at least 75% of the blame if not another 5-10 percent.

Hasbro has their reasons. No media, poor Joe sales in last decade or two. But they ain’t making these thing to sell. I think 100% of the story will be told of preorders are continued to be pushed off.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:58 pm

I am so late in talking or being a part the conversation about this line and admittedly - I'm kind of glad.

Glad I don't have to deal with the headache of this line.

And in retrospect I'm also glad they didn't go for how I envisioned a 6" joe line. A upscaled version of the 25th Joe's with more intricate sculpts.

If they had done that I'd have considered collecting these. And I am glad it didn't happen.

Was anyone else looking for the same thing?
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:46 pm

They pretty much are upscaled figures with extra bits. They did course correct from the lasery gold tech pieces for the most part. I’m okay with nerf guns but more guns that look like they shoot bullets are coming.

I think the new brand manager is working very hard to repair the confidence of the consumer. I haven’t seen this much Joe stuff for preorder, and on pegs in years. I was in Walmart and on the shelf Four 4” Stalkers (Can’t wait for his Classified figure) and a few Fangs. Suiting above that a couple 6” CC figs. Target has muted colors RB, CI MB, and dark blue CC.

I think Hasbro is giving this team more power and opportunity with the film coming next month. If that film does Transformers type of money it could really open the floodgates. Disney’s success with MCU has Hasbro printing money with tons and tons of Marvel offerings. I can see Hasbro trying that repaint options like Tiger force and Python patrol of existing molds. I can see vehicles. I can see Scarlet in an artic outfit. They are definitely going to do repaints if film does well.

I am cautiously optimistic the film will do well. Snake Eyes appeal is the mystery of the character. I suppose Golding can give the character lots of charm as Jackman did Wolverine. They are using heavy hitters for the narrative. Baroness, Scarlett, and Snake Eyes are good choices to start this adventure. I wonder with this being an origin do they use Zartan? Anyway. This line isn’t fully realized. It is getting better.

Thwipp!

Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Prophet924 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:46 pm

I am cautiously optimistic the film will do well. Snake Eyes appeal is the mystery of the character.
I'm not sure releasing the same day as Black Widow was a smart move and could definitely screw them. As far as gripes go I'd love to have more hand options, even if it means less guns. Specially on someone like the troopers, surrender and finger pointing hands instead of so many guns would have been nice.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:57 pm

Isn’t Black Widow available on D+. I’m seeing it in theaters but I have a feeling many who care to see the film may pay the $30 to stay home and watch.

I agree about the hand options. I really want fists. I’m even okay with initially just offering three options (basic male/large male/adult female) and they can do in black, brown, blue, and red.

Thwipp!

Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:57 pm

Fists would be cool for sure.

If the exclusives are going to be as easy to get as Breaker and Barbecue, my only "gripe" now is that there needs to be two reveals every week for the rest of the year. I want to see Super Trooper!
mattmurdog
CROM!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:36 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:

If the exclusives are going to be as easy to get as Breaker and Barbecue, my only "gripe" now is that there needs to be two reveals every week for the rest of the year. I want to see Super Trooper!
Speaking of fists can we please get some new forearms and wrists so not every is wearing the same watch and is left handed?
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:47 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:36 pm
Ibentmyman-thing wrote:

Speaking of fists can we please get some new forearms and wrists so not every is wearing the same watch and is left handed?
What? You want variety and individuality in the military? Seems like a SINISTER Cobra agenda.
Confess!
Matthew K
nah, pass

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:51 pm

Fists would be great.
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:08 pm

Yeah, more alternate hands would've been great. I wish Duke, Flint and Snake-Eyes came with finger pointing hands, so that Duke and Flint can issue commands and since Snake-Eyes is mute. Plus a fist or two for each figure.
fatsal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:12 am

Would it have broken the bank to have an unhelmeted head for Barbecue? How are we supposed to recreate "the viper is coming" without one? :D
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:29 am

dchimpy wrote:
Yeah, more alternate hands would've been great. I wish Duke, Flint and Snake-Eyes came with finger pointing hands, so that Duke and Flint can issue commands and since Snake-Eyes is mute. Plus a fist or two for each figure.
Cobra Commander has a pointing finger.

They are unfortunately red but would a M.L. Wolf Cap hands work?
You would get both a salute and pointing finger hand.

Namor would get you a flesh colored salute hand. Can't think of any current hands that wouldn't require some level of repainting.
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:18 am

I was actually thinking of trying the MCU Cap hands as I think he has at least flat gloved hands that can salute. One new 'gripe' (not really) is that I wish Breakers sunglasses were removable, to get him a little closer to his classic look. Not a deal breaker by any means though.
Fly4v wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:29 am
dchimpy wrote:
Cobra Commander has a pointing finger.

They are unfortunately red but would a M.L. Wolf Cap hands work?
You would get both a salute and pointing finger hand.

Namor would get you a flesh colored salute hand. Can't think of any current hands that wouldn't require some level of repainting.
Matthew K
nah, pass

Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:25 pm

Heh. Not a Breaker deal-breaker. I wonder how it would look if you cut the glasses out.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:12 pm

Here’s a gripe: no Hooded Cobra Commander!!

If they “need” to make it an exclusive or whatever: fine. But it would be an absolute shame and a dumbing-down of CC in general to ignore this version.
He’s *supposed* to be scary and evil.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”