Valaverse: Action Force

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
lightsyder
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:33 pm

Refrigerator Perry?
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:40 pm

Some packaged shots
Jd1000
Customized

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:16 am

Concerned about those gaps in the leg/hip area and the wasp raider is supposed to have blue translucent eyes
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:02 am

Well he's not scrimping on the extra hands, gotta give him that over Hasbro.
Raelthorne
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:43 am

Very interesting to hear everyone’s views on the IE podcast and Vala, you guys have said a lot of the things that I was thinking but I was wondering if it was just me. I can’t stand the sycophancy from his friends both on the IE podcast and from certain other Youtubers (Retroblasting and Analogue Toys for instance) egging him on, combined with his pettiness and criticism towards other companies and people, but yet he has released nothing to date.

Also I think he was trying to take credit for inventing blast effects, or at least the peg hole size for Classified, while criticising Hasbro for not including any in the line yet (despite them already having them in the Legends line with a similar peg hole)

I think the straw for me was the recent podcasts, one where he was wearing the “Subpar7” t-shirt combined with his qualifiers at the start of his Silverhawks rant just screamed of “I’m deflecting all the things I can be criticised of” but I’m going to criticise others for the same things. The other: his attacks; particularly the personal ones on Brian Flynn, were a step too far. It was thoroughly unprofessional.

Seeing Vala’s and the IE podcast’s behaviour / attitude over the past few weeks has really made me appreciate the more positive / reasonable Youtubers / streamers who embrace the fun and “this toy is cool” but still "objective about stuff" approach like the Fwoosh, Dave Wheeler, and Jay and John on Geek Dad Life.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:08 am

Nice to see Bob is still presenting himself publicly as exactly what he is.
Also nice to see he still hasn't had the actual balls to apologize for lying to people about Hasbro and G.I. Joe in order to invest people in his generic, creatively-bankrupt pew pew toys. Instead he just deflects the fact that he's a gigantic [email protected]#$ liar by bashing toys that.. you know.. have actually been produced and are quite good, and were made by a company that actually designed these characters instead of ripping them off from better designers.
This guy is a worthless prick, and even if his bland figures ripping off other peoples' work actually come out and are problem-free, he'll still be a worthless prick. BUT, I'll give him credit for always, always, always staying on-brand, no matter how of an absolute moron you'd have to be to act that way while running a toy business.
Fly4v
CROM!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:24 am

madflava wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:13 pm
Production Condor with the face printing is looking awesome:

Production Kerak looks so good. I might preorder him now.
Wow, that Condor looks great.
Really looking forward to the weapons sets and SGT Slaughter.
A 4th of July ship date would be a nice surprise. :mrgreen:
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:09 am

Wow I had no idea that this guy was so unprofessional. It makes me kind of hesitant to keep my BBTS preorders now. I generally try to look past someone's political or social beliefs on social media or/and in business if it's not super extreme but it seems like this dude is a POS.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Jd1000
Customized

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:49 am

It just dumbfounds me that a person starting a company has done everything in his power to basically ostracize 3 well established companies…boss fight, hasbro, and super 7. None of which had said one Ill word towards him or his product. He got mad at hasbro because they fired him. He got mad at Eric from boss fight because they had a disagree,ent about guns, then he got mad at super 7 as soon as the got the license for silver hawks which he said he wanted. To some degree it makes me feel like I can’t trust the guy.

So you’ve bad mouthed the companies to the point that your cronies are doing it too, yet they turn around and still buy their product? What is the logic behind the vitriol other than just bitterness. And since I’ve been following the line it’s not changed. I wonder if Brian Myers and Matt cardona put the breaks on their STOMP LINE Bobby was supposed to produce because of his antics. I know they work pretty closely with Brian Flynn.
Fly4v
CROM!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:52 am

So that live stream was four months ago, Wow time flies when your not having fun. I sat thru it all and the biggest red flag... Well there are two big red flags.

If rhetorical you is such a GI Joe Fan how is the Classified Series not your "cup of tea"? Gold Armor can be repainted. Nerf weapons can be replaced but there needs to be a product line to be able to do that.
I may not like what has been done in the past by Hasbro and Target but I love the series and the toys. The two lines can, should, do compliment each other.

Just as an aside, My avatar in Metal Gear Solid is Joe themed.

This was not a red flag perhaps but a misstep. Legally Valaverse may not be able to say the universes are shared but the presence of SGT Slaughter and Steel Brigade implies that Valaverse and Real American Hero were shared back in the 80's by association of the same character and name. Could have been silent or have just said as a fan of both, can link them if you want.

Second, Since Bobby stated that he wants to design and make toys, not run a company, wouldn't it be great to be so successful that Hasbro would want to partner with him? A big bag of Hasbro cash and creative control of your own line under Hasbro would be a good deal. Bobby then would be the like the guy that kept saying no the Spider-man Cardiac. If the Joe model is so perfect from the 80's try to return to being a part of it. For good or bad they already know each other professionally.

I mean if Harmony Gold, Big West and Studio Nue have finally decided to work together couldn't Hasbro and Valaverse work things out?

I want Valaverse to succeed just like I am happy that things seem to be improving at Hasbro and Target but if I were in charge of capital or looking to partner with a company, I'd have serious doubts. Yeash, Every presentation ask for a figure you have been told NO to up until you got laid off?
Outstanding effort. Miserable judgement. Perseverance didn't win out in the end. The figure wasn't made.
Not a story I would advertise.
Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:14 am

If Todd McFarlane can set up an appointment with DC Comics just to tell them he won't work with them (just after he and the Image crew quit Marvel), then turn around and get the DC license for action figures, anything's possible.

I don't like Bobby dogging other people or companies, but maybe his figures will push other companies to work a little harder for our dollar. Of course, we won't know until they're released.

Have fun, all!
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:19 pm

I'm not hopeful for a July release. Something about his last IG post about them being 85% final makes me expect another delay which is fine if it they will release the best figures possible. As for Action Force vs Classified thus far, so far the Classified figures have really impressed. I've really liked almost every one of them thus far. Probably the weakest ones so far have been Gung Ho, 1st Roadblock, and 1st Scarlett. I'll hold off my judgement of Action Force until I have the figures in hand but right now Classified is one of my favorite figure lines for what you get at a $19.99-$24 price point.
Raelthorne
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:06 pm

madflava wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:13 pm
Production Condor with the face printing is looking awesome:
Ah hello this is Games Workshop calling, we'd like to talk to you about a little property of ours called Cadian Shock Troopers :shock:

:lol:
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:45 pm

I’m imagining they’ll ship from China in July. Maybe start going out to buys mid August at the absolute earliest, but a late August/early Sept wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Yeah. Bobby comes off as real petty at times. Even delusional as to how big his line is compared to GI Joe or anything put out by giant multinational corporations, but he seems intent on at least making his figures as good as he can, so I’m fine grabbing a few.

His anti scalping policy is comical though. If he finds out you’re selling the figures on the after market for over what they cost, he said he’ll get eBay to shut you down and he’ll ban you from buying from him or any retail partners. Lol, let’s see him logistically pull that off. Plus it’s a made to order product, you can only scalp limited products.
8 Immortal Master
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:46 am

I am not a fan of this guy but so far I am very much a fan of what he is producing. Especially the weapons/gear loadout packs. I'd say this is a perfect example of separating the art from the artist. Something I have recently gotten quite skilled at now that we are living in a time when most ppl in the entertainment industry seem more preoccupied with smashing you over the head with their ridiculous political beliefs instead of doing what we pay them to do and entertain us. Here's to hoping that his products are winners and maybe he learns a bit of humility and respect along the way.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”