Valaverse: Action Force

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
PatientMental
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:03 am

Jd1000 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 pm
Really fed up with Bobby’s pettiness with other companies. He hasn’t even produced one figure for retail yet and he’s ripped into 3 other established companies so far. We’ll see how well he handles criticism for his figures when/if they come out.
I agree, his attitude & arrogance turned me off from this line! The figures arent that great aside from one or two compared to whats out there & the fact Retroblasting had him on for a praised interview after saying the Classified figures looked like Fortnite when these Valaverse figures look like they came strait out of that game is just cheese!
Jd1000
Customized

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:20 am

PatientMental wrote:
Jd1000 wrote:
Really fed up with Bobby’s pettiness with other companies. He hasn’t even produced one figure for retail yet and he’s ripped into 3 other established companies so far. We’ll see how well he handles criticism for his figures when/if they come out.
I agree, his attitude & arrogance turned me off from this line! The figures arent that great aside from one or two compared to whats out there & the fact Retroblasting had him on for a praised interview after saying the Classified figures looked like Fortnite when these Valaverse figures look like they came strait out of that game is just cheese!
I’m getting that way too. May cancel some pre orders. Ya know the thing no one mentions is that he basically sold people on Gijoe not making a six inch line and yet he buys them and makes modifications for for them. Smart business? Sure. But if he has all this inside knowledge he probably knew hasbro was doing a six inch line and tried to undercut them. Now he can’t beat them so he’s kinda joining them. He talked bad about bossfight because Eric disagreed with him about something then threw a tantrum because he missed out on the silver hawks license. I mean dude just put your stuff out there and let the product speak for itself. I can already tell those joints look wonky and paint apps need shading.
PatientMental
HULK SMASH!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:28 am

Jd1000 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:20 am
PatientMental wrote:
Jd1000 wrote:
I’m getting that way too. May cancel some pre orders. Ya know the thing no one mentions is that he basically sold people on Gijoe not making a six inch line and yet he buys them and makes modifications for for them. Smart business? Sure. But if he has all this inside knowledge he probably knew hasbro was doing a six inch line and tried to undercut them. Now he can’t beat them so he’s kinda joining them. He talked bad about bossfight because Eric disagreed with him about something then threw a tantrum because he missed out on the silver hawks license. I mean dude just put your stuff out there and let the product speak for itself. I can already tell those joints look wonky and paint apps need shading.
That dude is bummed out & soured with Hasbro for not putting out his Joe line which is why hes slamming them & going on shows like Retroblasting to talk smack about it & again i agree release your product & let it speak for itself!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:06 am

Yeah, it's definitely not very appealing or endearing the way he talks about other companies and the people who run them. And that's not me saying it's offensive or that I'm offended. That's me saying it's not very professional. And it puzzles me why one would act the way he does, especially when to my knowledge none of these companies have gone out of their way to bash him, his character, or his product.
And I understand he has knowledge of the business and is sharing his thoughts on whether or not the value and quality is good from these other companies for what they charge. Which is a welcomed thing. But you can do that without being so arrogant and rude.

You are running a company. A level of professionalism goes a long way. Especially since he is trashing these companies and he has yet to release a single item on his own. His figures look good. But what if they come out and have various flaws, QC issues, loose joints, poor paint apps, easy breakage, etc.

What will people online say? Online, where everyone goes to critique and be either honest, way to honest, or just overly exaggerating to the point it turns into a Roast where the goal is to kill the person you are critiquing with your words.

How's he going to handle that? How full of happy spite will that fill the hearts of those from Super7, Boos Fight, or Hasbro? How foolish will it make him look? And for his sake, fans of this line, and for the sake of just another figure line and great alternative, I hope everything goes great for him and these figures are fantastic. I hope they are as great as he claims them to be at this price point that he is offering them at.

But what if they aren't?

He also always says to be safe in interviews after bashing a company, it's owner/owners, and product something to the effects of "If you like something, or you want these companies products, by all means buy it."

But then he and his friends continue to go on and bash these companies and their products so hard, that even though they just said please buy what you want, it's your money and your opinion, you get the feeling they are trying to drive the point home so hard how worthless these companies product are that clearly, if you do buy them, you must be the dumbest f*** alive.

Which is a stupid thing to do. Again, he runs a business. Basically insulting what fans of yours buy and their choices, whilst also making yourself sometimes come off arrogant, rude, and petty is not a good strategy.

Share your thoughts, share your wisdom, but do it professionally.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:22 pm

July will be here soon. Will his product also?

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maczero
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:06 am
Yeah, it's definitely not very appealing or endearing the way he talks about other companies and the people who run them. And that's not me saying it's offensive or that I'm offended. That's me saying it's not very professional. And it puzzles me why one would act the way he does, especially when to my knowledge none of these companies have gone out of their way to bash him, his character, or his product.
And I understand he has knowledge of the business and is sharing his thoughts on whether or not the value and quality is good from these other companies for what they charge. Which is a welcomed thing. But you can do that without being so arrogant and rude.

You are running a company. A level of professionalism goes a long way. Especially since he is trashing these companies and he has yet to release a single item on his own. His figures look good. But what if they come out and have various flaws, QC issues, loose joints, poor paint apps, easy breakage, etc.

What will people online say? Online, where everyone goes to critique and be either honest, way to honest, or just overly exaggerating to the point it turns into a Roast where the goal is to kill the person you are critiquing with your words.

How's he going to handle that? How full of happy spite will that fill the hearts of those from Super7, Boos Fight, or Hasbro? How foolish will it make him look? And for his sake, fans of this line, and for the sake of just another figure line and great alternative, I hope everything goes great for him and these figures are fantastic. I hope they are as great as he claims them to be at this price point that he is offering them at.

But what if they aren't?

He also always says to be safe in interviews after bashing a company, it's owner/owners, and product something to the effects of "If you like something, or you want these companies products, by all means buy it."

But then he and his friends continue to go on and bash these companies and their products so hard, that even though they just said please buy what you want, it's your money and your opinion, you get the feeling they are trying to drive the point home so hard how worthless these companies product are that clearly, if you do buy them, you must be the dumbest f*** alive.

Which is a stupid thing to do. Again, he runs a business. Basically insulting what fans of yours buy and their choices, whilst also making yourself sometimes come off arrogant, rude, and petty is not a good strategy.

Share your thoughts, share your wisdom, but do it professionally.
Totally agree with all of this.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:42 pm

I watched some recent episode of Infinity Equation to see their reaction to the GI Joe June announcements. They came off very ignorant and whiny. Hasbro didn't even announce that Viper and Firefly would be available at 1pm today and whatever they had left was probably very limited stock, yet Laserpants threw a rant about not being able to checkout with it before selling out like he was entitled to the figure. Then when Roadblock sold out on Pulse, they didn't even mention that he was available for like seven hours that day on Amazon where he is an exclusive. They jumped on Roadblock selling out quick on Pulse to complain about the distribution problem. Ok, there is a distribution problem they are addressing but don't falsely present Roadblock selling out on Pulse as your example. Then in Valla's recent rant on Silverhawks seems way too premature. We are looking at artistic renders still. There isn't even any prototype figures being showed and he goes off on their paint when we haven't even seen the figures in hand yet. Then Valla claims that he isn't acting this way because he has beef and that there are some Hasbro Classified figures he actually likes but I've never heard him praise any Classified figures and he did not provide any examples. I'm not a Valla hater, I preordered some of his figures because they look cool but I feel these guys like to hate on other companies just to make their show entertaining. Still recent pictures of the production figures are looking good. They did face printing on them and it came out really well.
fletch137
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:16 pm

Jd1000 wrote:
With you 1000%

I'm really looking forward to this line, but if there's ever been a product I needed to separate from the creator, this is it.

I'm also kind of stunned at how ballsy it is to just swipe the Steel Brigade in both name and appearance, and then name your production company after it.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:41 pm

fletch137 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:16 pm
I'm also kind of stunned at how ballsy it is to just swipe the Steel Brigade in both name and appearance, and then name your production company after it.

That was addressed in the old thread we had (before the forum reset to 5 years back), and it had something to do with the Trademark/Copyright on the name. Sort of how Marvel has to use "Marvel's _____________" on some of their ML figures.

All of this bashing he's been doing is nothing new, which is why I won't support him. His designs IMHO look too much like backyard militia members to me, except for when they're ripping off themes from other properties.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:13 pm

Production Condor with the face printing is looking awesome:

Production Kerak looks so good. I might preorder him now.
Matthew K
nah, pass

Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:12 pm

Those do look nice. I pre-ordered a few things in that initial kickstarter, so I'm glad to see there is progress being made.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:31 am

Condor has been may favorite just because of his look and gear from the beginning. And his finished product seems to have turned out even better than what's been shown up until now.

So, any predictions on who the celebrity for Wave 2 will be before it gets revealed this weekend? All we know for sure is it will be a male character. One, because the boots revealed were like the ones for the male, Garrison trooper figure. And two, Bobby even said on infinity Equation while talking about the celebrity figure and peoples guesses, no girls until Wave 3.
jonaskane
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:33 pm

I'll be attending Joefest this weekend so I'm hoping to get a good look at some of this stuff. I preordered Slaughter a while back just because, but the rest haven't really jumped out at me. Maybe seeing better samples up close will change my mind.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:36 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:31 am
Condor has been may favorite just because of his look and gear from the beginning. And his finished product seems to have turned out even better than what's been shown up until now.

So, any predictions on who the celebrity for Wave 2 will be before it gets revealed this weekend?
Paul Ruebens. Go on doubt me. I dare you. :twisted:
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Well, it isn't going to be a female since female figures are going to come out until wave 3 and Vala said it wasn't another wrestler.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”