G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sat May 15, 2021 3:05 pm

I will mildly look for Bludd at the couple of Targets near me but I won’t be driving all over the place to find him. I’m done with that and this line and won’t feed the scalper scum either. If I don’t find him that’s fine and will just hope for a rerelease later. Same with Viper. The exclusive thing is wearing me thin already. As society is opening back up and having to report back to work normally, time for hunting is now limited so I’m out of this rat race.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sat May 15, 2021 3:11 pm

Getting groceries this morning and stopped into Target. Scanned the barcode and got “Shelf:n/a” - nothing about inventory in the back. I guess the ones that do that are newer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 15, 2021 5:25 pm

So glad to see at least many here done with driving all over the world looking for these. With this line in particular Hasbro has burned a lot of us out. Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of people out here that will keep up with the hunt so not much will change, but I'm glad to see people putting priority over gas, mental health and enjoyment over figures.

I check my local target a few times a week on days I notice when they have new stuff. I'll continue to do the same with this. Just follow here, facebook groups, and twitter to get an idea of when some may be in your area. It's clear now they are starting to hit stores after it was said they would be available in June lol.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Prices on eBay have already dipped from $140 - $150 to $100 shipped in a day’s time, so once he fully saturates I can definitely see him at under $50.

The number of people who will be scalping and undercutting will canibalize most of their profit. Seems to happen every time.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 8:17 pm

A couple of Bludd sightings in my area this morning. The hunt is on.......

......or not. I'm at my beautiful daughter's first birthday for the rest of the day which basically means I have to hope for restocks. If any helpful fwooshers come across an extra, I'm interested!
logan44
Super Poseable

Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 pm

I've been lucky enough to find everything else in the line up to this point, but...I'm not chasing Bludd. I thought about going out this morning and standing in line and chasing store employees and trying to outflank other collectors, and...I just didn't care enough.

I'm fine with a good hunt. I even occasionally enjoy it. But when collecting is less about fun than an exercise in annoyance and frustration...when Hasbro and Target have both so fundamentally mismanaged this entire line and shown no signs of caring...when fans are forced into gladatorial combat for the privilege of going to Target for a piece of plastic...nah.

I'm not a lifelong Joe fan, but I liked the idea of this line from Day 1 and I've stayed on board. But once I've missed one, it's a lot easier to miss more later. Hasbro has had a year to fix this line. Their answer is radio silence and hoping Cobra Island can end quietly without everyone hating them. It didn't work. If they're smart, this is a stealth soft reboot of the entire line until they can actually have a plan for distribution that works. Wake me when that happens, Hasbro...til then, I'll see ya.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 9:58 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Prices on eBay have already dipped from $140 - $150 to $100 shipped in a day’s time, so once he fully saturates I can definitely see him at under $50.

The number of people who will be scalping and undercutting will canibalize most of their profit. Seems to happen every time.
If I can get him for under $50, it would be worth it just so I won't have to spend the time tracking him down. Going to check on Monday morning since Target is close to my son's therapy and I need some place to spend an hour at since they don't let us stay in the lobby anymore. Last store I visited when I picked up my ROTJ Boba Fett told me he might arrive this week around the 18th.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 10:08 pm

logan44 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 pm
I've been lucky enough to find everything else in the line up to this point, but...I'm not chasing Bludd.
Same, between doing the "hunt" and paying 50 bucks for it on ebay once its widely available I will choose the scalpers this time. I've found everything else in stores, even Baroness, it is not worth the time or stress.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 10:15 pm

madflava wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 9:58 pm
Roufuss wrote:

If I can get him for under $50, it would be worth it just so I won't have to spend the time tracking him down. Going to check on Monday morning since Target is close to my son's therapy and I need some place to spend an hour at since they don't let us stay in the lobby anymore. Last store I visited when I picked up my ROTJ Boba Fett told me he might arrive this week around the 18th.
Yea, I think we are quickly trending towards that $50. He’s not an army builder, people don’t want more than one, eventually supply will exceed demand for a short period and he will sit at $40 - $50 before going back up. Once all the “gotta have it first gotta have it now FOMO” crowd gets them, prices will start to plummet. Happens every time for NECA TMNT and past non army builder Cobra Island.

It’s a shame in 2020 I’ve spent more time on eBay and learning the ebbs and flows since I haven’t found much of anything in stores.
fletch137
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun May 16, 2021 1:41 am

Bludd's my favorite Cobra character, and the fig looks awesome, so I'm willing to do the work for it this time.

I was actually confident that they'd stick to the new 1per customer online order limit like they had with PR TyrannoSentry. It really threw me when they didn't go online at all.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sun May 16, 2021 1:52 am

Holy cow. eBay has a lot of Bludd figures on there now. I didn’t go looking today. I’m sure someone found them out in DFW area. Oh well.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c_money_collins
Customized

Sun May 16, 2021 2:11 am

Yeah, I've been sorting eBay by location to see how close they got to me. I went to four stores today. Missed at all of them. Better luck tomorrow at the stores that didn't get them today.

It is a giant pain to go searching for this, it is expensive in both time and gas. BUT I LOVE FINDING TOYS IN THE STORE! I LOVE THE HUNT! My Firefly and Viper have a cool story and hopefully my Bludd will too.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 3:18 am

I got my Major Bludd today with a lot of help.

I went to two Targets this morning and both had one full case of the Zartan/Cobra Trooper assortment on the pegs. At both Targets I tried entering Bludd's numbers into the self-serve scanner, and both said "None in back". I figured he hadn't hit my area yet and moved on.

Later in the day I saw someone post on FB that he got two from the exact same Target I was just at a few hours before. He said he asked an employee to check and he got it out of the back. He later went to the other Target I had gone to this morning, didi the same thing, and got Bludd out of the back there as well. He hooked me up with one for myself and one for my brother in law.

Now I don't know if self-serve scanners are saying one thing and the employee hand helds are saying another, but it looks like finding an actual employee and asking them to get it from the back is the way to go. From the looks of things the self scanners lied to me at two different stores. I later saw a few other FB posts of people in my area finding them after they asked to get it from the back. So I guess my advice is find an employee and ask them to check. BE NICE.
BigYojimbo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 16, 2021 3:29 am

I found Bludd by asking an employee to check the DPCI after the scanner didn't bring it up. The customer scanners must be tied to Target.com so if it's not on there it won't come up.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 8:32 am

Checked out the eBay listings by distance for Bludd and my area is showing a very typical trend of figures showing up about 20 miles south of me earlier than in my area. I think the good (bad?) Major looks fantastic, but I'm done running around chasing... I'm hoping the significant number that have shown up on eBay is a sign he'll be reasonable to get through retail or the website eventually. I was in my closest Target tonight for lawn stuff and they had nothing as usual, but that's fine. I want the figure, but I'm wiped with the chase. Not that I won't be thrilled if I bumble into one in the store or am able to get him online, of course.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”