G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Wed May 11, 2022 6:11 pm

The first Target exclusives were not TF or PP so I think those count as normal release versions which just infuriated everyone and rightfully so. The upcoming TF and PP I fully expect to get normal versions at retail in the near future. Seems Hasbro and Target is going this route for now which is a good thing.

I fully expect classic Beachead and Firefly to be in the Walmart Retro line at some point. At the very least it seems Walmart’s preorders on Joes don’t seem to be going out of stock so that’s a plus. Whether or not they have enough stock to cover everyone’s preorders on release date is another matter entirely.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 11, 2022 6:34 pm

aceofknaves wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:00 pm
When it comes to the Tiger Force Joes, I’d say that the possibility for rerelease in v1 colors is 100% unless the line ends prematurely. It was actually pretty smart to use the budget for exclusives on new sculpts in a niche deco, then release the standard deco in the main retail line.
I agree with this. Also, far easier to get eager consumers to buy a new character to the line - even if the deco is weird. So sell the goofy repaint first.

If you release the standard version first and then the wacky repaint you probably sell fewer of the wacky repaint as lots of people pass on since they already have the guy. The other way around you prey on the "gotta have it now" mentality of many collectors who grab the new character, but then very likely buy the "proper" version later.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 11, 2022 7:48 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:34 pm
aceofknaves wrote:
When it comes to the Tiger Force Joes, I’d say that the possibility for rerelease in v1 colors is 100% unless the line ends prematurely. It was actually pretty smart to use the budget for exclusives on new sculpts in a niche deco, then release the standard deco in the main retail line.
I agree with this. Also, far easier to get eager consumers to buy a new character to the line - even if the deco is weird. So sell the goofy repaint first.

If you release the standard version first and then the wacky repaint you probably sell fewer of the wacky repaint as lots of people pass on since they already have the guy. The other way around you prey on the "gotta have it now" mentality of many collectors who grab the new character, but then very likely buy the "proper" version later.
Then add to that the "good will" they generate with collectors because now they don't have the standard look of a character as a store exclusive that becomes impossible to get, and then goes for stupid prices on the secondary market.

Of course that good will won't last, but at least it shows they seem to be listening.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 11, 2022 11:17 pm

PantherCult wrote:
aceofknaves wrote:

This is just smart business and I fall for it every time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 12, 2022 2:11 am

I'm considering getting that Recondo just to swap arms with Flint. I prefer the sleeves rolled up to his biceps than the ones Flint has rolled to his forearms.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 13, 2022 3:57 pm

Sigh... man I wish Target managed their online transactions differently - just similar to, like, every other online store.

Not only do they constantly ping your account for preorders (yah, yah red card - whatever)

But they don't have a linked account option on their site - so if you update credit card information you have to do it on each individual order, can't just update the card once.

The card I used for all my pre-orders expired this month. I got an e-mail that they had canceled my pre-order for the Marvel Legends Ragnarok figure due to expired card. Luckily I was still able to preorder the figure with my updated card. But even after adding that card to my account and setting it as the default payment option, today I got an e-mail that my order for the Python Patrol Viper and BAT and Tiger Force Outback were canceled. That order still had the old CC info - even though I updated my account with a new default card it didn't transfer the old order over and didn't try another card when the initial card didn't go through.

If I update my default card at Amazon, Wal Mart, Game Stop, BBTS or... anywhere really... they charge the new card when it's time to ship orders. Not Target though.

Had to remember to go update the order for Recondo and the others as well so that one doesn't get canceled too.
ludovicotek
HULK SMASH!

Tue May 17, 2022 4:29 pm

BBTS has a bunch of the Cobra Island figures available for pre-order!
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 6:05 pm

Too bad they didn't have Bludd, he's the only one I never got.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 2:04 pm

Mr potatohead wrote:
I remember walking into a local Target and seeing five of them on the pegs. I stood their shocked for at least a minute. You'd think I had discovered Atlantis or something. Anyway, finding Bludd was the turning point for me that Hasbro and Target were at least making an effort to improve availability of this line.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 2:40 pm

You lucky so-and-so. :wink: I hope I can get the CI version at some point because I don't think I would like a "classic" version.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 7:14 am

maczero wrote:
Mr potatohead wrote:
I remember walking into a local Target and seeing five of them on the pegs. I stood their shocked for at least a minute. You'd think I had discovered Atlantis or something. Anyway, finding Bludd was the turning point for me that Hasbro and Target were at least making an effort to improve availability of this line.
I felt the same way when I found two of them. To this day they're the only CI exclusives I've ever seen in stores or any other Joes other than the movie ones and Flint, CC, and Lady J.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 2:06 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
maczero wrote:
Mr potatohead wrote:
I felt the same way when I found two of them. To this day they're the only CI exclusives I've ever seen in stores or any other Joes other than the movie ones and Flint, CC, and Lady J.
You've never seen Gung-Ho? He was the first figure that seemed to peg warm in this line. I'm still scratching my head why they decided to re-release him in the BAT and Alley Viper wave.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 6:38 pm

maczero wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:06 pm
mattmurdog wrote:
maczero wrote:

You've never seen Gung-Ho? He was the first figure that seemed to peg warm in this line. I'm still scratching my head why they decided to re-release him in the BAT and Alley Viper wave.
Yea, I've never seen Gung Ho either at Target. I did see one at a Gamestop.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:21 am

Looks like BBTS has Beach Head, BBQ and CI Roadblock in stock right now, if you missed out on them the first few times around.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”