G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:28 pm

Slaker wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:24 pm
Ro-El wrote:Target site has Barbecue on sale for $11.49. Limit one it seems.
Weird. Showing up as $18.39 for me. I wonder if it's regional. Where are you?
It seems to have *just* changed. I put in an order and in my cart and receipt it says $11.49. Went to double dip and when I added to cart it now says $18. YMMV but you might be able to have customer service help out since the listing still says $11.

EDIT: the listing changed along with the Retro MLs that were on sale, now they're 20% instead of 50%. rip
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:54 pm

Slaker wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:24 pm
Ro-El wrote:Target site has Barbecue on sale for $11.49. Limit one it seems.
Weird. Showing up as $18.39 for me. I wonder if it's regional. Where are you?
California. But it’s now showing $18.39 for me as well. Seems Target adjusted the price. CI Roadblock was around $16 but he too seems to have jumped to $18.39.

Also got another PP Viper on preorder as well. I’m not sure but there seems to be some kind of 48 hour time limit before you can order another if it pops back on the site.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:40 am

I bought two more Breakers, this time at $12.59. I bought one and left those two behind on Sunday when they were $21.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:43 am

I saw maybe 4 Breaker/RAM sets in the wild between 3 stores when they first hit, but they were bought up immediately and haven't seen any around here since that initial release window.

Just ordered Barbecue from the Target website and used a few coupons. Got him for under $15.

For all of the hassle, stress and BS that went along with the Cobra Island stuff, I was able to get almost everything for retail eventually. I had to wait about a year for the Baroness and Firefly, but I finally got them. I did end up having to turn to the secondary market for Major Bludd.

Never found a Viper in store or online, but I don't really care about those guys at all and wasn't planning on buying them anyway, so it's fine.
thewyldman
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:31 am

You know, I kinda miss the frustrations of Cobra Island stuff lol
nickvig
Avengers Assemble

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:09 pm

thewyldman wrote:You know, I kinda miss the frustrations of Cobra Island stuff lol
BITE YOUR TONGUE!
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:20 pm

nickvig wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:09 pm
thewyldman wrote:You know, I kinda miss the frustrations of Cobra Island stuff lol
BITE YOUR TONGUE!
Bite your tongue off! :lol:

I mean I kinda get it. During the early days of the pandemic it was a strange form of entertainment. Incredibly frustrating but it passed the time. I don’t miss it though. The BBQ and breaker wave was a much better roll out and so far PP vs TF seems to be going well too.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:28 pm

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY W%#$! MOUTH!

J/k, but seriously, no.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:00 pm

The devil is among us.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Darthgaar
Super Poseable

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:57 pm

thewyldman wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:31 am
You know, I kinda miss the frustrations of Cobra Island stuff lol
You miss the hunt and the glorious plastic trophy!
I can do without waking at 5am on a snow day after a severe winter storm with thick fog to slide around on icy roads for 20 miles in pure darkness to get to a couple of Targets, slip on black ice in the parking lot hurting my hip and knee, shuffle into the entertainment section to find out that I was 5 minutes too late and all the scalpers beat me to it. The second Target I waited in line for 30 minutes in the freezing cold with scalpers before finding out that I was number 7 of a 1 per customer limited box of 6. I did end up calling another Target near by and reserving a Viper so it wasn't all for nothing!

The ways Target has improved getting these is far more preferable.
thewyldman
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:44 pm

Oh I much prefer having the toys! But I also miss hunting for the white whale that was Cobra Island stuff. Frankly, I miss toy hunting in general because with supply chain issues, I've pretty much switched over to preorders for everything.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:06 pm

I dislike exclusives and absolutely despise Target in every form and fashion. :evil:

What I miss is Toy's R Us and K&B.

The ease of going to a store and the remote chance of getting what I was shopping for.

The joy of walking from a complete Marvel isle to an equally complete DC isle.

Not the current wanderings in an un-stocked toy isle reminiscent of the wastelands in Mad Max.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:35 am

Darthgaar wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:38 pm
mr Articulate wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:41 pm
Is it just me, or does anyone else find the Joe thread titles too encompasing? Anwyay...

Got Breaker and the RAM cycle yesterday and having trouble moving his hip. Looks like that pin in the drop-hip has a white stress line and I'm afraid I will snap it off. Any advice on moving these Joe hips?
Warm the hip area with hot water (think as hot as you'd like your coffee) or alternatively you can use a hairdryer, move the hips around gently, dry the hips and put a little silicone Shock Oil (20wt or 30wt) into the socket and work the hip around to get the oil around the ball socket before it cools. I've found it's best to pop the hip joint apart after heating then put the shock oil into the socket before reassembling the leg, but the first method I mentioned does work pretty well.
Dumb question - but is "Shock Oil" a brand or type of silicone oil? I did some google searching and it's not clear to me.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:43 pm

mr Articulate wrote:
Darthgaar wrote:
mr Articulate wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else find the Joe thread titles too encompasing? Anwyay...

Got Breaker and the RAM cycle yesterday and having trouble moving his hip. Looks like that pin in the drop-hip has a white stress line and I'm afraid I will snap it off. Any advice on moving these Joe hips?
Warm the hip area with hot water (think as hot as you'd like your coffee) or alternatively you can use a hairdryer, move the hips around gently, dry the hips and put a little silicone Shock Oil (20wt or 30wt) into the socket and work the hip around to get the oil around the ball socket before it cools. I've found it's best to pop the hip joint apart after heating then put the shock oil into the socket before reassembling the leg, but the first method I mentioned does work pretty well.
Dumb question - but is "Shock Oil" a brand or type of silicone oil? I did some google searching and it's not clear to me.
Type. Might even just be the "fan name" for silicone oil at this point.

Here's some dudes talking about it if you want to read.
https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1243

I'm sure others on here can give more details than me.
Darthgaar
Super Poseable

Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:29 pm

mr Articulate wrote:
Darthgaar wrote:
mr Articulate wrote:

Type of oil.
I'm not sure if it goes by silicone oil, but shock oil is what I've seen it referred by the most often for lubricating plastic joints in action figures, it's also used in RC cars for shocks btw.
It's 100% silicone oil so I don't see any difference between shock oil & silicone oil.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics