G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:09 pm

Yeah, my local store says they have a few so I might go by there this afternoon just for giggles.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:16 pm

CO_Alex wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:09 pm
Breaker’s release date shows Oct 3rd so I am surprised these aren’t being street dated given Target’s history. I found a few stores in my area with stock so I may drop by to see if they stocked them on the shelves. I have him preordered so either way I should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A few stores have him in stock around me. I have him preordered with BBQ. I'm debating whether to go out and try today or to just be patient and wait until next week. The street date is what is keeping me from going out. Not sure if they will even get them from me or if they will ring up correctly. Also with getting my Breaker preorder, my BBQ ships free at a later date.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Target just sent me the shipping notice on Breaker.

Not to jinx it but they are shipping it directly to me.
Dare I say they fixed the stupid zip-code restriction on exclusive GI Joes. 8)

If I weren't broke, I'd push my luck and order BBQ. :lol:
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:33 pm

My Target order is now preparing to ship. So I probably won't bother to go out to try to get him in store now since I have no idea if the street date will prevent me from being able to buy one.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Thanks to whomever cancelled their Breaker. I managed to get 1 and got an extra 10% off to boot!
CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:56 pm

I stopped by a Target that showed 12 on Popfindr and of course didn’t find him on the shelf. My PO shows delivery next week and I am fine with it. I honestly didn’t want to be that guy looking for a red shirt and bugging them about GI Joe action figures, lol.

Jeddostotle7
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:17 am

oh my gaaaaaaAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDD

i went and checked and Breaker was back up for preorder just now, i was so excited i added him to cart, but when i tried to check out for some reason Target wouldn't let me fully log in?????????????????????????????? and it COST ME that Breaker

and it still won't??????????????? even after disabling all my script/ad plugins???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

EDIT: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh PRIVACY POSSUM

EDIT 2: I CHECKED BACK AGAIN AND IT WAS BACK IN STOCK AND I GOT IT

YES

YES

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:27 am

Target was kind enough to pull Breaker from the back tonight so I canceled my preorder.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:31 am

Oof, I forgot about Breaker. I'm looking at popfindr right now and the store I stopped in after work currently has three. My home store has six, but it's nearing closing time. I see one store a store with 18, another with 15, several with 12.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:20 am

Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:17 am
oh my gaaaaaaAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDD

i went and checked and Breaker was back up for preorder just now, i was so excited i added him to cart, but when i tried to check out for some reason Target wouldn't let me fully log in?????????????????????????????? and it COST ME that Breaker

and it still won't??????????????? even after disabling all my script/ad plugins???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

EDIT: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh PRIVACY POSSUM

EDIT 2: I CHECKED BACK AGAIN AND IT WAS BACK IN STOCK AND I GOT IT

YES

YES

I can relate so much with the frustration with Target's website. :rolleyes:
Glad you got your order in. 8)
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:24 am

Just was at a Target right before close, five or six Breaker just sitting on the shelf. Below a full case of GI Joe movie wave 1 and an extra Cobra Commander and Flint.

Was a weird sight to see GI Joe sitting there and no one cared.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:28 am

I just got a shipping notice for Breaker from Target. Should be here next week.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:02 am

Roufuss wrote:
Just was at a Target right before close, five or six Breaker just sitting on the shelf. Below a full case of GI Joe movie wave 1 and an extra Cobra Commander and Flint.

I hope that is the future.
I'd like to get a second bike for Cover Girl and a couple of extra Gatling guns.

One can't afford it now and two seems wrong to buy stock until everyone has a chance.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Fly4v wrote:
Roufuss wrote:

I hope that is the future.
I'd like to get a second bike for Cover Girl and a couple of extra Gatling guns.

One can't afford it now and two seems wrong to buy stock until everyone has a chance.
It really feels like it with Breaker. A bunch of stores around me are showing stock but it looks like they won’t sell until street date. I feel that starting with Major Bludd, Target and Hasbro finally got their act together with ordering enough stock to meet demand. I'm debating about getting a 2nd Breaker so I can turn the figure into either Hawk/Grunt and have two bikes.

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:33 pm

Found 5 Breakers on an endcap along with Owen Wilson and the McFarlane Batwoman Beyond. Weird that it was 2 aisles down from where they are normally stocked. Anyways, I grabbed Breaker and Batwoman. I used the aisle scanner on Breaker and it did say preorder and unsellable until street date. I wouldn’t have mind putting it back but I canceled my preorder on Target online as soon as I saw him. Got too happy and did not think things through. I decided to go to the front self checkout and take a chance to explain the situation if I got street dated. Weirdly enough I did get street dated……for Batwoman. The register accepted Breaker for some reason so I at least got to buy him and not worry about the cancellation.

Oh and I’m totally giving the bike to Commando SnakeEyes. My boy needs some wheels.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”