G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Kirathis
I wish I had super powers
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:55 pm

sentinel331 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:20 am
I don't live within 100 miles of a Target. This weekend we are staying with friends in Kansas City. Went to the Target in Olathe this morning even though the app showed zero Bludds. Nothing there.
Checked the app this afternoon and it showed 3. Ran back over and none on the shelf. Asked the only worker I could find and he was super nice but had no idea. He called the "toy guy" on the radio and he had no idea either. First guy sees 2 Cobra Commanders and a Roadblock and figures those were them somehow. Left empty handed. I've only gotten Beachhead from Cobra Island so far and that was a trade. I think I give up on these. Put them in a Walmart and I'll buy it. Otherwise skip it.
I live in that area. The Target on 119th always has helpful people but one of the worst stock. If you want to range out some, check the one on 151st near highway 69 (got mine there) or the one by Oak Park Mall. They tend to have better stock.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:43 pm

Ro-El wrote:Blue or brown eyes? I remember that was a thing with Beachead in wave 1 CI. Lol.
I need to look @ my Beachhead. I don't remember what color his eyes are. It's been so long ago that I don't even remember which was the harder to find either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:53 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Ro-El wrote:Blue or brown eyes? I remember that was a thing with Beachead in wave 1 CI. Lol.
I need to look @ my Beachhead. I don't remember what color his eyes are. It's been so long ago that I don't even remember which was the harder to find either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I thought brown was the more common one according to what I remember reading online. But then again Beachead never lasted long enough on the shelf to really gauge anything.
vicious7171
CROM!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:54 pm

The first Beachhead I found, which was a part of the first shipment I believe, had brown eyes. Went I found one about two weeks later, which was surprising, he had blue eyes. I wonder what the deal was there. I almost think maybe they were supposed to all be blue eyed, but maybe they mixed it up with the Cobra Trooper in the first batch since those all have brown eyes.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:00 am

Brown eyes seemed more common at first and then blue became the more common. Probably just a running change like the blue piping that showed up on the later cobra troopers collar. It will be interesting to see if those carry over into the next run.
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:31 am

The first run of Beach Head all had brown eyes(like the cartoon) then all the sudden at the end of the run his eyes turned blue. I have a feeling the rerelease will be blue, kinda like the destro head circle was "fixed". Because of this ,I believe the brown eyes version will be the rarest of the two.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:48 pm

Happy that I got Major Bludd from Pulse. He’s a fantastic figure! One of the best in the line. That head sculpt is so impressive. Love the articulation. With the robotic arm and eye, he’s so much more interesting than I remember him being back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:21 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Happy that I got Major Bludd from Pulse. He’s a fantastic figure! One of the best in the line. That head sculpt is so impressive. Love the articulation. With the robotic arm and eye, he’s so much more interesting than I remember him being back in the day.

Funny you say that he was not as interesting to you back in the day. I was always fascinated by Bludd, one of the few pre-1985 figures i had because I started collecting with that wave. I tend to enjoy lieutenant characters like him, Cyclonus, Beast Man. And I liked how his arm was mysterious to me as a kid. Was it armor to protect him from the blast from his rocket launching pistol? Was it a robotic arm? Why was it a solid piece? It only had three fingers! I just thought he was cool as heck. The Classified figure is an awesome interpretation of that design, but the arm is clearly a cybernetic enhancement, so that mystique is gone. But I like updates like the removable helmet and Mohawk hair style. I got mine from Pulse too, but soon after, I have found multiples of him at Target. He is easily the Classified figure I have spotted most often in the most quantities within the existence of the line.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:58 pm

T'Chaka wrote:
The first run of Beach Head all had brown eyes(like the cartoon) then all the sudden at the end of the run his eyes turned blue. I have a feeling the rerelease will be blue, kinda like the destro head circle was "fixed". Because of this ,I believe the brown eyes version will be the rarest of the two.

On the "release" date last year, I had a Target employee pull out an unopened box of Beach Heads and in the case of six there were 3 brown eyed and 3 blue eyed Beach Heads. I found it odd that the box was split. I guess the later restock of Beach Head were all blue eyed? I have one of each, I opened the browned eyed and kept the blue eyed in box.
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:25 pm

madflava wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:58 pm
T'Chaka wrote:

On the "release" date last year, I had a Target employee pull out an unopened box of Beach Heads and in the case of six there were 3 brown eyed and 3 blue eyed Beach Heads. I found it odd that the box was split. I guess the later restock of Beach Head were all blue eyed? I have one of each, I opened the browned eyed and kept the blue eyed in box.
Thats interesting , wonder which is supposed to be the "right" one. On release date here, it was 2 troopers and 4 Beach Head. I got 2, but both were brown. I later got him online and was shipped a blue eyed.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:32 pm

NORM wrote:
Akatsuki wrote:

Funny you say that he was not as interesting to you back in the day. I was always fascinated by Bludd, one of the few pre-1985 figures i had because I started collecting with that wave. I tend to enjoy lieutenant characters like him, Cyclonus, Beast Man. And I liked how his arm was mysterious to me as a kid. Was it armor to protect him from the blast from his rocket launching pistol? Was it a robotic arm? Why was it a solid piece? It only had three fingers! I just thought he was cool as heck. The Classified figure is an awesome interpretation of that design, but the arm is clearly a cybernetic enhancement, so that mystique is gone. But I like updates like the removable helmet and Mohawk hair style. I got mine from Pulse too, but soon after, I have found multiples of him at Target. He is easily the Classified figure I have spotted most often in the most quantities within the existence of the line.
I can definitely see how the original Major Bludd figure would be interesting. The first Bludd figure I got was V2 from the sonic series. He had a cool jet pack and a ton of grenades, but no robot arm. Only an eye patch.

The main thing is I just usually prefer fully helmeted characters with faceplates or masks. Like Interrogator! That guy has the coolest mysterious design because of his cool helmet.

I’m thankful for Pulse, because I have still never seen Bludd at retail.

aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:41 pm

Interrogator would be a RAD Classified figure.

Closed-faced mysterious helmets and masks 5EVAH.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:58 pm

aceofknaves wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:41 pm
Interrogator would be a RAD Classified figure.

Closed-faced mysterious helmets and masks 5EVAH.
Dude straight up came with a torture device, which I'm fairly sure was an eye-poker-outer. And a helicopter backpack for some reason.
VonDoom62
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:08 pm

I'm just learning of Interrogator as a character from this thread but now I NEED a Classified figure of him.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:10 pm

VonDoom62 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:08 pm
I'm just learning of Interrogator as a character...
Me too. He's pretty awesome looking as is, not sure I'd want too much of an update.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”