G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:19 pm

A bunch of stores near me had Bludd yesterday, all gone today. So much for him being a peg warmer. LOL
supermonkey
teh awsum

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Fly4v wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 am
supermonkey wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:42 pm
After the most obnoxious Target App and Customer Service experience ever (the details are mind-numbingly boring), I was finally able to find and obtain Maj. Sebastian Bludd.

GOD the whole experience with this line just sucks.
Your pain resulted in getting a figure. 8)

Mine. Nope.
---
Edit: Like Robo says on the Fwoosh Weekly, "Target thanks for a kick in the nuts." :wink:
Damn dood. That's just ridiculous. I mean, HI is in the states! I'm so sorry.
FWIW, Target did not send me a figure though. It was more fun than that. What had happened was....

I saw the figure available at 3 local stores yesterday AM.
Got a successful pickup order at Store 1, which was cancelled as I walked in the door.
I ordered from Store 2 & 3 thru the app, but all orders instantly get cancelled -- over a dozen of them.

So I call Target CS, put on my best Polite Southern Gentleman act, and after ~20m on the phone:
- I still cannot get it shipped (it would seem apparently just aren't shipping it period)
- Their system thinks I got one already (b/c of the cancelled order at Store 1) and won't let me buy it again that same day.
- But I do get some glad-handling and a $10 gift card, and instructions to check again tomorrow when I will be able to purchase online again. :rolleyes:

Instead I stew for a while, then 3 hours later I drive to Store #2 and simply buy one of the 3 Bludds hanging on the pegs. For $10 off.

I'm surprised Target as a corporation can collectively find their @$$3$ in the morning.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:20 pm

Just sitting there as i randomly checked the toy aisle while buying candy.
Fly4v
CROM!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:34 pm

supermonkey wrote:
Fly4v wrote:
supermonkey wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:42 pm
After the most obnoxious Target App and Customer Service experience ever (the details are mind-numbingly boring), I was finally able to find and obtain Maj. Sebastian Bludd.

GOD the whole experience with this line just sucks.

Mine. Nope.
---
Edit: Like Robo says on the Fwoosh Weekly, "Target thanks for a kick in the nuts." :wink:
FWIW, Target did not send me a figure though. It was more fun than that. What had happened was....

Got a successful pickup order at Store 1, which was cancelled as I walked in the door.
I ordered from Store 2 & 3 thru the app, but all orders instantly get cancelled -- over a dozen of them.

So I call Target CS, put on my best Polite Southern Gentleman act, and after ~20m on the phone:
- I still cannot get it shipped (it would seem apparently just aren't shipping it period)
- Their system thinks I got one already (b/c of the cancelled order at Store 1) and won't let me buy it again that same day.
- But I do get some glad-handling and a $10 gift card, and instructions to check again tomorrow when I will be able to purchase online again. :rolleyes:

Instead I stew for a while, then 3 hours later I drive to Store #2 and simply buy one of the 3 Bludds hanging on the pegs. For $10 off.

I'm surprised Target as a corporation can collectively find their @$$3$ in the morning.
Tell me about it. :lol: Oh you just did. :D

The best part is you got to pick up Bludd with $10 off that should help with the gas cost.

Target is just a bad company. I am glad that the majority of people have been able to get what they want.

There are some good people that work for Target. I feel really sorry for them but Target is just bad. :|

Threash wrote:

Wow glad to see things work in the lower 48.....

I wonder what things are like in the tundra. Is there anyone on the Fwoosh in Alaska?
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:45 pm

Fly4v wrote:
Target is just a bad company. I am glad that the majority of people have been able to get what they want.

There are some good people that work for Target. I feel really sorry for them but Target is just bad. :|
So having some issues with ordering toy exclusives makes the entire company bad? Interesting.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:52 pm

Target isn't a toy store....I can't help but think part of the fault lies with us expecting them to be a toy store and know what they are doing with toys.
spy0070
pwns from home

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:38 pm

Fly4v wrote:
supermonkey wrote:
Fly4v wrote:

Mine. Nope.
---

Tell me about it. :lol: Oh you just did. :D

The best part is you got to pick up Bludd with $10 off that should help with the gas cost.

Threash wrote:

Wow glad to see things work in the lower 48.....

I wonder what things are like in the tundra. Is there anyone on the Fwoosh in Alaska?
Check your Tapatalk PM, you might be in luck…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly4v
CROM!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:12 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:45 pm
Fly4v wrote:

So having some issues with ordering toy exclusives makes the entire company bad? Interesting.
Yes, they are a bad company because they will not fix a known problem with their website and shipping.

The fact that a toy order is what is bringing the issue to light is immaterial.

The problem is not consistent. The excuses are not consistent.
There is no logical reason for what has happened and still is happening.

That, in my opinion, makes them a bad company.
Some employees are good and recognize the problem.
I am trying to give credit where it is due and not paint with a wide brush.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:38 am

Also if you are using the Target redcard when trying to go for in store pick up or delivery but the app keeps canceling on you, be sure to check your redcard credit limit as the cancelations still use up your credit and won’t return until a few days later. Had a collector friend go all crazy constantly trying to get Bludd on the app several days ago with no luck and his credit amount went down to 12 bucks from $700 so he couldn’t even try to get Bludd at some point while the app kept teasing Bludd at him. I know it was mean but I just laughed at his persistence.
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:43 am

Threash wrote:

Would love to see restock CI Troopers like this.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:32 am

Ebay prices of Major Bludd are really hitting rock bottom. You can essentially pick him up from anywhere from $25-$35 shipped. To me that is really close if not equal to buying Bludd off Target.com if you are paying for shipping. I really hope Breaker and BBQ end up like Bludd in terms of availability.
343guiltyspark
HULK SMASH!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:18 am

madflava wrote:Ebay prices of Major Bludd are really hitting rock bottom. You can essentially pick him up from anywhere from $25-$35 shipped. To me that is really close if not equal to buying Bludd off Target.com if you are paying for shipping. I really hope Breaker and BBQ end up like Bludd in terms of availability.
I would think (and hope) that since BBQ, like Bludd, is not an army builder, he would be easier to come buy. Breaker on the other hand, comes with the bike and is a “deluxe” / bigger box item, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Target orders smaller quantities. Hopefully it’s at least more than the few Baroness / bike set from the first CI wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Has Breaker with RAM cycle DPCI been found yet. I've seen a couple of sites selling and preordering this guy so he should be hitting targets soon for the July 1 release
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:57 pm

madflava wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:32 am
Ebay prices of Major Bludd are really hitting rock bottom. You can essentially pick him up from anywhere from $25-$35 shipped. To me that is really close if not equal to buying Bludd off Target.com if you are paying for shipping. I really hope Breaker and BBQ end up like Bludd in terms of availability.
Beyond seeing Bludd twice on pegs in the last couple of weeks (in both cases i couldn't believe me eyes!) i've definitely seen more joes at retail in general over the last month than i have since the beginning. Cobra Commander and Lady Jaye in particular, but also Flint, Scarlet, Roadblock, and Zartan. Hopefully none of them will pegwarm. Bludd being available may actually entice others who were on the fence into getting into this line (or coming back to it, if they abandoned it out of frustration), as it feels like Bludd is being stocked at the levels i associate with target exclusives from my experience buying MLs.
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:07 pm

T'Chaka wrote:Has Breaker with RAM cycle DPCI been found yet. I've seen a couple of sites selling and preordering this guy so he should be hitting targets soon for the July 1 release
We have a Hasbro part number which does us no good other than -sometimes- leading to listings online.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”