G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Fly4v
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:40 am

mrboshek wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:54 pm
Just got out of work, Target has Bludd for the second Monday in a row. The app is showing stock again at most of the area stores, including the store in my town. I know that store has had him at least four times. I can safely say I've seen more Bludds than any other Classified figure.
I saw a very beat up Gung Ho in a Gamestop this weekend.
Have yet to see any other 6 inch Joe in the wild.
Target,com shows no Major Bludds within 2,000 miles and no option for home delivery or delivery to a store.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:12 pm

Restocks(or could it be unsold returns?) again at most local stores between yesterday and today.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

supermonkey
teh awsum

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:42 pm

After the most obnoxious Target App and Customer Service experience ever (the details are mind-numbingly boring), I was finally able to find and obtain Maj. Sebastian Bludd.

GOD the whole experience with this line just sucks.
WildBill
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:23 pm

Did a two hour round trip last Friday to hit the next four closest Targets from my house with nothing to show for it except some downtime in traffic... Woke up earlier than usual to bring my dog to the groomer and my local Target actually had Bludd available for pick-up. Like, I have it. In hand. Just here on my desk like a trophy. Cobra Island Roadblock wasn't an issue in my area and a buddy scored me a Beachhead (did I say buddy? I meant best friend! haha). Now to just get the Baroness and trooper reissues, hoping Firefly and the viper gets reissued and then try to find them and then Barbecue and so on and blah-blah-blah, just going to enjoy this small victory here with my mo' truckin Major Bludd!
johngomez
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:41 pm

Bludd finally popped in as available for pickup, ran the purchase on my RedCard (thank you to whoever on this forum pointed out that shipping is free with that thing), and it became unavailable at my store after the order was processed, but the app then gave me the option to ship it to my home arriving 6/23.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:53 pm

T'Chaka wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:15 am
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:06 pm
I didn't watch the fan first event (at work and what not) and I didn't see any mention of it going back through the forum but do we have rough ETAs on Barbecue and Breaker?
Bbq sept1, Breaker july 1 if I'm not mistaken
Thanks! That's good to know! Now I can plan my toy hunting appropriately.
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:24 pm

I've seen 4, 3, and 1 Bludd at different stores in the middle of the day in the last week. He's also available for shipping right now

You love to see it.
Fly4v
CROM!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:57 pm

johngomez wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:41 pm
Bludd finally popped in as available for pickup, ran the purchase on my RedCard (thank you to whoever on this forum pointed out that shipping is free with that thing), and it became unavailable at my store after the order was processed, but the app then gave me the option to ship it to my home arriving 6/23.
Thanks for the tip. Perhaps having a RedCard will solve the Target shipping problem 8)
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:59 pm

Bludd popping up on shelves and online is such a nice change from previous Cobra Island releases. I think they obviously upped their order numbers on him. And he's also probably a little less popular than previous offerings.

Now, let's see Firefly and Viper get the same treatment. And the wave 1 stuff as well, for anyone who missed out the first time.
Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:46 am

Still haven't seen Bludd in my neck of the woods, but I also haven't had a lot of hunting time since Friday. It's great to read so many sighs of relief for an actual Cobra Island release, though. Here's hoping I can find a few Cobra Island Troopers in the next couple months, because I want some of those for pics. After all, the Joes need some cannon fodder, and I just ain't feeling it with the Red Ninja or the regular-release Trooper.

Have fun!
CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:57 am

I’ve checked for Bludd multiple times a day the last few days and he is getting restocked in my neck of the woods in S Denver now and he is available for pickup at multiple stores. I stopped by one of the stores tonight that showed four available and found two on the pegs and ended up getting one. I can’t imagine all future releases being like this, but one can dream, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:54 am

It does help he’s not an army builder so I suspect troopers and vipers will still be tough to find but if breaker, BBQ, Beachhead and Baroness are like this, they shouldn’t be too difficult to track down this time. The future is actually looking brighter than ever before with this line. Hope it lasts!
Fly4v
CROM!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 am

supermonkey wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:42 pm
After the most obnoxious Target App and Customer Service experience ever (the details are mind-numbingly boring), I was finally able to find and obtain Maj. Sebastian Bludd.

GOD the whole experience with this line just sucks.
Your pain resulted in getting a figure. 8)

Mine. Nope.

Target decided Major Bludd can't be shipped to my zip code.
Spoiler! :
Contacted customer non-service, their excuse was first the item was out of stock then I got the item can only be shipped to certain locations. :ugh: I never told them what the item was and referred to the general shipping problems from the past. Also, Major Bludd was still in stock. :lol:

I understood that crap when I was in the Middle East but I'm in Hawaii for :twisted: sake.

Heard that same tune with the M.L. Shang Chi Katy. :rolleyes:
The day she was released they would not ship to my zip code. "restricted due to location".
Two weeks after she became a pegwarmer, will ship to my zip code. What a surprise same item, same address, It was like magic.

I had fun bringing up that Target would not ship to my Home, PO Box, UPS Box or the address of the Target Distribution Center even though I have to pay for shipping.

The non-service person thought I wanted same day deliver. I said thank you " no I am not asking for same day" , I was willing to wait I just wanted it delivered and the problem with home delivery fixed.

No, help what so ever.

I guess if Major Bludd becomes a perwarmer for two weeks I may get one to ship.
The thing is I really don't care for Major Bludd.
Possibly not at all, or at least, until after I can get a C.I. Baroness and at least two Viper troopers.

Based on today's experience, they will be an overseas purchase. Target is next to useless.
Spoiler! :
Also, Target supposedly is going to ship the exclusive McF Superman to my zip code. 8)

It is will be supposedly until I actually get the figure because they have already tried to cancel the order once :evil: but I was "assured that I would get the figure".

But the point is they would ship the exclusive Superman but not the regular Batman. :shock:

I really think Target does not like money.

They can't explain why the regular figure has a shipping restriction.
It's their policy....???? :!: :?:
It can't be a size or weight issue. They are going to supposedly ship the Superman.
Even if it were a size or weight issue. I'm paying for the shipping so it is not an issue for them.

I mean Gamestop, Walmart, Amazon, Zavvi (US and UK), BBTS and Dorkside toys will all ship here.
Star Action Figures is working for a return to the US market and plan to ship here.

Target, rarely and only inconsistently.

Edit: Like Robo says on the Fwoosh Weekly, "Target thanks for a kick in the nuts." :wink:
Wavehawk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:24 am

Aaand the Target I go to in Australia shut down to be replaced by Kmart.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Wavehawk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:50 am

logan44 wrote:
Boke18 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:56 pm
maverick10126 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:53 pm
If Chinese factories are a problem, where is McFarlane’s stuff coming from? Zero pandemic related problems from them.
Not to mention Star Wars and even ML aren't this hard to come by.

They botched the line. Plain and simple. Whatever they have planned they need to communicate MUCH better. Their communication is terrible. We have to wait for later this month to find out what they are even doing with the reissues. Are they coming soon or this fall, or even next year?

IMO they are already starting on the wrong foot by announcing more CI exclusives and bringing the old ones BACK to Target. Like I said unless these get flooded in Target then all it really is doing is giving the scalpers another chance to buy these and sell for a higher price.
I'm guessing we're seeing McFarlane, Star Wars and Marvel Legends at the levels we'd expect because...well, those are the levels we expected. Hasbro contracted to make a certain amount of product during a specific window. The problem happens when you go back to Factory A and say, "Ummm...can you guys, you know, make more of these...like, now?"

Well...they can't. Because the manufacturers are already scheduled to make scads of Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Power Rangers and other crap for months to come. Between catching up on the backlog and handling contractually obligated work already happening, they're booked.

"Sorry you only made five Cobra Vipers in your initial run, Hasbro. Probably shoulda thought of that before. We can do a second run in our next available production window in...Nov. 2022. See ya then!"

Hasbro isn't communicating because they don't have the answers we want. They don't know exactly when Cobra Island reinforcements are coming. And they sure don't know when Target is gonna actually sell 'em...because we all know who wears the pants in that relationship.

But...the entire Cobra Island deal was signed two years ago, maybe longer. Three waves with xx amount of product designated to be sold over the course of a year. That's the deal. They have to deliver that product to Target, even if they know that won't meet the demand. And if they were able to do second runs on some of it, they're under contract to Target. I'd imagine Target has exclusive rights to those figures (beyond small Hasbro Pulse loopholes) for at least a year or so.

I'm not defending Hasbro communication. It's been bad. They've shot themselves in the foot time and time again. And they're a publicly traded company. They can't just say what we all know -- they screwed up. For their sake, I hope they've spent the past 6 months coming up with a plan for the way forward. Otherwise, they just lost themselves millions because they were stupid. Which isn't impossible...
Stupid...or else cooking their books to appeal for a gov't handout.

I'm originally from the Philippines. Screwing people over is normal SOP there

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”