G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Tue May 18, 2021 8:09 am

I received my Major Bludd a few days ago and he jumped to the front of the line as my favourite of the line so far, surpassing Zartan. The revolver sidearm is absolutely amazing.

I have managed to get all of the CI figures so far and even ended up with an extra Viper and Firefly. I paid well above retail for them but, as an Australian, I will get these any way I can.

Like everyone else, I’ll be happy if this is the end of the Target exclusives, or any exclusive for that matter, for a while with this line
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 10:10 am

Scored a Firefly in store!

Was feeling my investment in the line wane recently as all this talk of Major Bludd got pretty depressing and I already missed Beach Head, Baroness and (I thought) Firefly, so to find him at retail price outside the US really surprised me.

I think I’m long over these drop down hips at this point, these folks don’t need the mad hip ranges apart from maybe the ninjas, so I’d prefer if Hasbro saved this for only the figures that need it like a Spider-man or Snake Eyes.

Firefly is delightfully designed but the looseness of his hips and resistance to the actual ball and socket rotations makes me think he will either shelf dive or break long before my earlier Joes so perhaps replacing his pelvis with a solid inverted T hip connection will be necessary before too long but otherwise he’s pretty great and looks excellent next to my Zartan.

I barely know the name of Major Bludd from my childhood, so I have no investment in the character other than he’s a cool looking figure but these scalper stories are disheartening in the extreme.

I hope I can find him randomly like FF but if I don’t then I certainly won’t spend eBay prices on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MarvelElite
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 18, 2021 1:34 pm

Managed to get 2 Major Bludds. I was originally there for clone wars figures, but someone else before I could ask about Clone Wars asked about Major Bludd. I'm surprised they had them.
madflava
CROM!

Tue May 18, 2021 1:52 pm

Bludd still no where to be found in my area. Judging that the Target employee that checked the dcpi for me already knew what I was going to ask for before I even opened my mouth means several people had arrived before me and this was around 8:10 am. I’m thinking that even when he arrives, my chances are slim since I have to drop my son off at PT in the mornings. By the time I can trek to Target, most likely every figure would be bought. I think I’m going to just buy him on EBay once his price gets close to $50 and give up the hunt.
I can sense the annoyance from the Target employees. Between Bludd and Clone Wars I bet they are being constantly ask to run dcpi numbers all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bashbash99
CROM!

Tue May 18, 2021 2:26 pm

Longbowhunter wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:04 am
On Robos livestream tonight,someone said they saw a pic where Target had a sign up saying these were going to be sold one per customer in electronics-does anyone know anything about that?
My admittedly uninformed guess would be that corporate HQ suggested that these exclusives be doled out in this orderly fashion, but with nothing in the system to stop someone from ringing up 6 at once, many ground-level employees either didn't get the memo or just decided to sell them off as quickly as possible just to get it over with, even if it means selling a case to 1 customer. I doubt dealing with collectors asking about these exclusives has been a positive experience for many target associates. And of course i'm sure there are at least some employees who are capitalizing on the high aftermarket themselves in some fashion.

Hopefully this is the end of target exclusive G.I. Joes. and fortunately as bad as some collector/scalper behavior has been, it doesn't seem to have gotten as bad as it got with the trading card crowd.
Neal
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue May 18, 2021 2:36 pm

I was able to score a Bludd last Friday. Hit the store during lunchtime and there were two on the pegs.
jonaskane
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 18, 2021 3:23 pm

Still not seeing any on EBay any closer than 150 miles. Haven't ventured out to my local Target since Saturday, though.
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 3:25 pm

Anybody have a link to Bludd on Targets website? Was gonna try and order if he goes up tonight-I’ve had pretty good luck using the App.
Leonardo T Dragon
Super Poseable

Tue May 18, 2021 3:36 pm

Bubs wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:38 pm
I assume POPfindr is still mostly useless right now...
Both PopFindr and Brickseek don't seem to work anymore. The only tactic that seems to yield any information is scanning a bar code on the in store scanners and that typically shows no stock. (At least here in Peoria.)
MrMisterSaturn
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 18, 2021 4:31 pm

Scored a Bludd this morning in mid-MO. The handheld was indicating that they would arrive today, and it was accurate. Another collector was there and had thankfully already done the legwork to get the employee to grab it from the back, so all I had to do was say yes please, another for me. One per customer, easy peasy.
Captain Batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue May 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Was able to score a Bludd at a nearby target yesterday. They were limiting one per person as well. All I need to be caught up are some Vipers, Flint, and a Scarlett.
Boke18
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 18, 2021 6:48 pm

Nothing at my Target. Again I know the employee said the 20th but I'm also looking for those Clone Wars packaged figures. Nothing yet. I'll check tomorrow afternoon but I'll def be back Thursday morning when the employee said Bludd will be there. Hopefully he is and I'll also ask about the TCW figures as well.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 7:23 pm

I may be proven wrong, and there is every chance this statement won't hold up, but I am seeing reports of a number of Bludd sightings in my area over the last four days. Today I'm seeing pics of multiple Targets with him on the shelf. Could it be this ends up as the least elusive CI figure? It seems there may be reason to hope. Hope everyone that wants one gets one eventually.
Captain Batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue May 18, 2021 7:32 pm

I wish they'd restock vipers.
Boke18
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 18, 2021 7:52 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:23 pm
I may be proven wrong, and there is every chance this statement won't hold up, but I am seeing reports of a number of Bludd sightings in my area over the last four days. Today I'm seeing pics of multiple Targets with him on the shelf. Could it be this ends up as the least elusive CI figure? It seems there may be reason to hope. Hope everyone that wants one gets one eventually.
I feel there is hope simply because he's not an army builder

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics