G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Thu May 06, 2021 12:47 am

I would only let the frustration completely sour me on a line if I were attempting to be a completionist and have everything. And that's something I stopped doing for any toyline about 20 years ago, and it's probably what has allowed me to continue enjoying toys at all.

I know we all remember the card backs of the figures screaming at us to "Collect them all!" but that's just not possible unless you're incredibly wealthy. Otherwise, it's closer to a symptom of mental illness.

I admit, I was a bit disappointed when the first Snake Eyes was unveiled and had what I considered the Hasbro equivalent of "Mez-flair." I wanted straight up 6 inch renditions of the Sunbow models. But after getting the figures in hand, I really do like these modern twists on the classics, and figures like Destro and Viper and Zartan seem to have the perfect balance. Now I wonder if that Sunbow style would look way too bland in 6 inch format? I know there's still a market for it...just look at how many different styles of TMNT figures fly off the shelves.

As for Cobra Island, I feel like I'm almost off the hook cause I've never cared for Major Bludd and never will, so everyone else can have that one. The only way Cobra Island can get me again is if they get Crimson Guard.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 3:07 am

I think the whole fiasco has been made far worse by Hasbro sticking their heads in the sand pretending the problems don’t exist. Saying something during the live streams would go a long way. Even the Star Wars group has done that much. Pretending everything is fine is what is angering fans. There is certainly a way to acknowledge this without just throwing Target under the bus. Surely at some level Target must have their concerns with the line. Their employees don’t deserve the treatment they’ve received from some collectors. So that must be on their radar for that reason at least. The radio silence has just been troubling. Even this new Bludd ‘announcement’ was poorly executed. I’m hoping this new brand manager can get these figures to linger on the pegs like his power rangers and ghostbusters.
Archrivals
CROM!

Thu May 06, 2021 4:36 am

IronKen3000 has spoken. Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efpy5YdjmXo
m.arndt
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 11:35 am

WTF was that?
All I could gather was a collage of Classified Joe’s pics with some guy apparently trying to say the word shit as many times as possible in a 5 minute clip.
T'Chaka
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu May 06, 2021 12:22 pm

Archrivals wrote:

I feel him about this starting to feel like a job lol. My target says May still, but Hasbro saying June. A seller on ebay from japan says hes expecting it on june 6th. Let the ish storm begin
Archrivals
CROM!

Thu May 06, 2021 1:46 pm

m.arndt wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:35 am
WTF was that?
All I could gather was a collage of Classified Joe’s pics with some guy apparently trying to say the word shit as many times as possible in a 5 minute clip.
Just a YouTuber voicing his opinion of on the state of Joe Classified Collecting. He's not for everyone. I find his video rants hilarious as he lays into Hasbro on the topic..

T'Chaka wrote:
Archrivals wrote:

I feel him about this starting to feel like a job lol. My target says May still, but Hasbro saying June. A seller on ebay from japan says hes expecting it on june 6th. Let the ish storm begin
He mirrors the frustrations of this hobby that's for sure. Hopefully things will improve when or if the Target Exclusive contract expires.
madflava
CROM!

Thu May 06, 2021 3:39 pm

T'Chaka wrote:
Archrivals wrote:

Do you have a link to that seller in Japan? Just wondering what he charges for these figures.
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 4:05 pm

madflava wrote:
T'Chaka wrote:
Archrivals wrote:

Do you have a link to that seller in Japan? Just wondering what he charges for these figures.
$213 shipped for 1xMB, 1xCI Viper, 1xCI Firefly

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

343guiltyspark
HULK SMASH!

Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 pm

Archrivals wrote:IronKen3000 has spoken. Haha.

Haha yeah IronKen is great. He definitely hits on a common sentiment for me and it seems many of us that Hasbro is killing the fun of action figures and collecting with their Target exclusives and scarcity marketing tactics. I take to heart what others have said here about not letting yourself get too stressed or burned out from all the hoops Hasbro wants people to jump through just to buy their toys. If we aren’t enjoying this hobby, there’s no point in continuing with it.

I would like to be optimistic and hope things will get better, but for those of you who follow Star Wars figures know, almost all of the May 4th revealed figures were exclusives, so Hasbro seems to be getting worse in this regard rather than better. I think the only hope for this line is real product availability commitments in “GI Joe June” and John Warden taking over the GI Joe brand at Hasbro to hopefully bring things back on track (could take time though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 9:22 pm

Toy Galaxy's has been my favorite so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K67_P3C0emk
CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 06, 2021 11:16 pm

TENIME_art wrote:Toy Galaxy's has been my favorite so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K67_P3C0emk
That was quite entertaining, lol. I’ve watched his videos before. I believe we have all had his same attitude this past year. It’ pretty insane grown adults getting so mad and stressed out at action figure collecting, but what can we say. I get so much satisfaction placing that new figure on the shelf and randomly looking around my office throughout the day reminding me of my childhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Fri May 07, 2021 4:16 am

I’ve watched his videos here and there before but something the past few months really clicked with me and now I’ve been binging through all his catalog, even stuff I’ve never seen, heard of, or am even interested in. I think me and him have a similar manner of speaking and have similar comedic beats when giving a presentation, so maybe I just see Dan as what I could’ve been, lol.
Fly4v
CROM!

Fri May 07, 2021 4:29 am

Archrivals wrote:

Wow, Baroness looks like she is having fun at the end of the video. :lol:
Wonder what he'll do if he gets his hands on a Hellfire set.
Wavehawk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:00 am

Bashbash99 wrote: i don't know who Lady Jaye is..
What?

I am shocked. Shocked!!!

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Wavehawk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:01 am

Aleks wrote:Image

Around the world? I guess Ebay sellers can ship it anywhere now...

No idea what they are waiting for.
The agonised cries and screams of desperation?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”