G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:20 pm

Slixta wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:14 pm
I pre-ordered all of these, but I anticipate that I'll be cancelling all of them except Scarlett and MAYBE Akiko.

I want to like Baroness but I HATE the hair and the outfit design.
I got Baroness for the body, if the classified head fits on it fine she's the one I'll have on my main display. The other one can sit on her bike with the helmet head.
lightsyder
Super Poseable

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:40 pm

I wonder if the $9.99 movie figures will be able to head swap with marvel legends figures? That Baroness might be good for making some female cobra troops if they do.

The classified movie can be the CI Baroness's sidekick or something
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:12 pm

Threash wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:20 pm
Slixta wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:14 pm
I pre-ordered all of these, but I anticipate that I'll be cancelling all of them except Scarlett and MAYBE Akiko.

I want to like Baroness but I HATE the hair and the outfit design.
I got Baroness for the body, if the classified head fits on it fine she's the one I'll have on my main display. The other one can sit on her bike with the helmet head.
Really?

I just feel like it looks like Victoria's Secret tried to create a tactical outfit.
CO_Alex
Avengers Assemble

G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:17 pm

I only pre-orders SE and SS. I wasn’t overly thrilled with the rest and quite honestly will see if they are available in stores and if they aren’t I won’t lose any sleep over it. I already have Scarlet and Baroness in my collection so not seeing them in store will help my wallet for once .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:17 pm

The movie figures are #16-20 in the line

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

vicious7171
CROM!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:58 pm

I bit on Snake Eyes. Busted out Amazon Storm Shadow to remember what was so wrong with him, his main issue is that his feet are extremely duck-footed which leaves him having an awkward time posing. Snake Eyes seems to have his feet more lined up with his shins. Really wish Scarlett had better arm articulation, she looks good otherwise. Also I hate those high heeled feet on figures for action poses.
Matthew K
nah, pass

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:13 pm

I was expecting only movie figures, so I wasn't disappointed, especially since these look pretty fantastic for the most part. I love the Storm Shadow design, Scarlett looks pretty killer, and Akiko looks like a great figure even though I have no attachment to the character. Oddly enough I like the unmasked Snake Eyes look more than the masked head, which is weird because Henry Golding does not fit my idea of Snake Eyes in any way, but the figure looks solid. Baroness is a weird one for me. It looks like a good figure, I just have a hard time seeing that as Baroness. It's also weird that she gets this super cool, more realistic looking gun when we get all the laser guns in the regular line. I just assumed the gun thing was an edict from the top against realistic weapons on mass market figures, but maybe it's just a choice.
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:17 pm

Matthew K wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:13 pm
I was expecting only movie figures, so I wasn't disappointed, especially since these look pretty fantastic for the most part. I love the Storm Shadow design, Scarlett looks pretty killer, and Akiko looks like a great figure even though I have no attachment to the character. Oddly enough I like the unmasked Snake Eyes look more than the masked head, which is weird because Henry Golding does not fit my idea of Snake Eyes in any way, but the figure looks solid. Baroness is a weird one for me. It looks like a good figure, I just have a hard time seeing that as Baroness. It's also weird that she gets this super cool, more realistic looking gun when we get all the laser guns in the regular line. I just assumed the gun thing was an edict from the top against realistic weapons on mass market figures, but maybe it's just a choice.
God thank you Matthew for not just coming in to whine!

I think they look cool as well. I might swap this Scarlet out for Classified Scarlet, though this would be super easy to repaint a tiny bit to make someone else (Maybe Ill do a custom Quarrel? hmm...). Snake Eyes looks cool, and that unmasked head will become Storm Shadows head. Unless one of the Shang Chi movie heads looks better. We'll see. Its a great look anyway. Stormy himself looks ok. Very reminiscent of the other movie design in some ways.
I got them all except Akiko. SOmething about the body design seems off to me. The hips i think. It dont hate it, and if I see it locally I might jump, but it didnt wow me.
gyrapados
Avengers Assemble

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:22 pm

I preordered Baroness and Scarlet. Already have a couple snake eyes figures and have no desire for the movie one. I may use the movie Baroness with the Coil and put the helmeted head on her. I like Scarlet’s enough that I will find a use for her even if it ends up being customized.

I’m glad some of you like that Storm Shadow. I think it’s hot garbage and will continue to wait for the sleeveless classic version.
spy0070
pwns from home

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:30 pm

The $5 Snake Eyes on Amazon popped up for a brief moment... managed to get one. Might want to keep an eye on it.

dagodfather
Is Gonna Make You An Offer...

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:37 am

Was it my imagination or is there a rumored release of non exclusive Firefly? Thx in advance for the response.
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:49 am

I just watched Henry Golding opening the box with his own action figure, and I tell u what; That's about how id react if I ever got to do that. So cool :)
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:13 am

Yeah he seemed genuinely excited about the figure. I noticed they packed the unmasked head on the figure for him when the package shots show the masked head on the figure. That was probably one of the best moments of the whole thing because it wasn’t cringingly scripted. Give them bullet points and talk like normal people. At least the marvel team does that.
madflava
CROM!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:38 am

vicious7171 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:48 pm
Mongoose wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:32 pm
Once again, every other property gets the love. G.I. Joe, even with a film coming out, gets next to nothing. Five movie figures shown, and nothing else. I expected as much, but it still sucks to be shafted yet again.
Did you watch the Power Rangers panel? They got 4 glitter ranger repaints and one Target exclusive figure. The repaints weren't even ready for the panel so they just showed renders.
The live chat moved like a mile a minute as soon as Power Rangers Target Exclusive was mentioned. People were ready to pounce on it and give it to Hasbro.
Ricky_Stream
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:46 am

spy0070 wrote:The $5 Snake Eyes on Amazon popped up for a brief moment... managed to get one. Might want to keep an eye on it.

What Snake Eyes is that?

Enviado do meu SM-A510F através do Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”