G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
User avatar
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:45 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:52 am

The thing that stood out to me about movie Storm Shadow, other than the fact that he's wearing a nearly identical version of the ROC/Retaliation costume, was that the boots look VERY similar in sculpt to the Arctic version. So similar I had to look at the figure and compare. It's close, but not the same.

I think the reason we got the Arctic version first is cause he was sculpted alongside the movie stuff and it was just easy to slap a retro paint job on him and get it out relatively early. The unarticulated kids' line versions of SS share the same design as the Arctic version, just in different deco and less articulation, of course.

I definitely think something was going on behind the scenes with Storm Shadow. I'd like to believe that they put the brakes on the Gym Bro Tat version after the very first negative feedback came in from the first wave. But we'll likely never know. The design team doesn't seem to want to share any of that kind of info during the streams....they need to stick to the script.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 3939
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:27 am

I actually am warming up more to these updates in Classifieds now that they’re toning down all the colorful design choices. However, in regards to Storm Shadow, I’d actually prefer him to be closer to his original V1 ninja outfit as much as possible. It’s just a nice contrast with him and Snake-Eyes with SE looking like a modern ninja while SS is more traditional classic ninja. V2 SS Classified is where I wouldn’t mind him looking more modernized.
User avatar
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3786
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:43 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:36 am

I kind of liked the idea of the bane masked and tattooed Storm Shadow. I want a more original looking version too, but options are good. I kind of hoped We'd get as many versions of Storm Shadow as we are Snake Eyes.
fletch137
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:02 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:38 am

christianpyro wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:36 am
I kind of liked the idea of the bane masked and tattooed Storm Shadow.
I'm kind of with you here. I was surprised by how sad I was that the new, super vintage-accurate Roadblock lost his lion tattoo. I think I've become attached to Storm Shadow's promo art tattoo as well.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:48 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:14 pm
I saw a Cobra Commander at Target yesterday. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. I don't recognize GI Joe figures out of their brown shipping box. I didn't realize these things could physically hang on pegs.
Saw the same yesterday- one lone Cobra Commander at Target. Box was kinda crushed though.
User avatar
Chooch
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:22 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:29 pm

No Joes at my Target, but I managed to get an in-store pick-up on Bludd before the store sold out. (Took a few hours) That said, I now have enough Joes and Cobras with shin guards to play a7 v 7 soccer game.
User avatar
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 3979
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 9:57 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:06 pm

I saw Flint, Lady Jaye and Cobra Commander at Walmart today. I was surprised for this Walmart has already got this wave in twice before.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1835
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:19 am

In Walmart yesterday for something totally unrelated to toys and saw a whole peg of nothing but Flint's LOL!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

User avatar
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New York
Posts: 3211
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:51 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 pm

Hmm.

Don't remember whether it was this thread or the Cobra Island thread where I was asking.

Can anyone confirm whether or not you could attach Infantry/Trooper forearms(top of elbow down) and lower legs(knees down) to the Duke body?

I was thinking Roadblock, but he's definitely too large to match up.

That's my latest hunch for the Alley Viper base from looking at pics and watching reviews.

I'm not usually an opener, and my Dukes are in storage, so I can't compare easily.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

User avatar
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:06 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 pm
Hmm.

Don't remember whether it was this thread or the Cobra Island thread where I was asking.

Can anyone confirm whether or not you could attach Infantry/Trooper forearms(top of elbow down) and lower legs(knees down) to the Duke body?

I was thinking Roadblock, but he's definitely too large to match up.

That's my latest hunch for the Alley Viper base from looking at pics and watching reviews.

I'm not usually an opener, and my Dukes are in storage, so I can't compare easily.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think the Alley Viper will heavily reuse parts from the Duke/Flint/Viper and Cobra Infantry Trooper bodies but with new web gear.
User avatar
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New York
Posts: 3211
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:51 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:09 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
rwsharpjr wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 pm
Hmm.

Don't remember whether it was this thread or the Cobra Island thread where I was asking.

Can anyone confirm whether or not you could attach Infantry/Trooper forearms(top of elbow down) and lower legs(knees down) to the Duke body?

I was thinking Roadblock, but he's definitely too large to match up.

That's my latest hunch for the Alley Viper base from looking at pics and watching reviews.

I'm not usually an opener, and my Dukes are in storage, so I can't compare easily.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think the Alley Viper will heavily reuse parts from the Duke/Flint/Viper and Cobra Infantry Trooper bodies but with new web gear.
Are the Vipers on the same body?

I had been avoiding even checking thise out since there's no way I'm using one of those on my first ever* custom.










*Well, "ever" since about....1989/90, when I used model paint to try to turn a B.A.T. into a Python Patrol B.A.T.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

User avatar
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:43 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:09 pm
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
rwsharpjr wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 pm
Hmm.

Don't remember whether it was this thread or the Cobra Island thread where I was asking.

Can anyone confirm whether or not you could attach Infantry/Trooper forearms(top of elbow down) and lower legs(knees down) to the Duke body?

I was thinking Roadblock, but he's definitely too large to match up.

That's my latest hunch for the Alley Viper base from looking at pics and watching reviews.

I'm not usually an opener, and my Dukes are in storage, so I can't compare easily.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think the Alley Viper will heavily reuse parts from the Duke/Flint/Viper and Cobra Infantry Trooper bodies but with new web gear.
Are the Vipers on the same body?

I had been avoiding even checking thise out since there's no way I'm using one of those on my first ever* custom.

*Well, "ever" since about....1989/90, when I used model paint to try to turn a B.A.T. into a Python Patrol B.A.T.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Viper top half is exactly the same as Flint and Duke. Just different web gear and wrist guards. Lower half is new to figure. Alley Viper might get some new parts but based on the art it looks like it'll primarily be re-use.
User avatar
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New York
Posts: 3211
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:51 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:15 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
rwsharpjr wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:09 pm
MldMnrdReporter wrote: I think the Alley Viper will heavily reuse parts from the Duke/Flint/Viper and Cobra Infantry Trooper bodies but with new web gear.
Are the Vipers on the same body?

I had been avoiding even checking thise out since there's no way I'm using one of those on my first ever* custom.

*Well, "ever" since about....1989/90, when I used model paint to try to turn a B.A.T. into a Python Patrol B.A.T.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Viper top half is exactly the same as Flint and Duke. Just different web gear and wrist guards. Lower half is new to figure. Alley Viper might get some new parts but based on the art it looks like it'll primarily be re-use.
Yeah, I was just trying to work out what parts would be reused based on the art.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Toy Hound
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:06 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:11 pm

Sorry if this is old, just saw on hasbro pulse that flint, lady j, zartan and cobra infantry are all in stock, if anyone is looking for them.
User avatar
The_Kilted_Fett
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:49 pm

Scored Bludd on the Target app for store pickup last week, for me. Scored one yesterday for my son to get too at a store close to him. He WORKS for #^@$ing Target and couldn't get one.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”