G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:44 pm

c_money_collins wrote:
vicious7171 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 pm
Aggro Ninja wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:28 pm
I’ll never understand why Pulse seems to be the “go to” for so many people. They seem to get everything in dead last. I usually end up cancelling Pulse orders because I’ve gotten it elsewhere first.
Free shipping if they have Premium.
That's why I go there first. Shipping. They also ship whenever stuff is available, so if I order Snake Eyes, 3.75 Star Wars, and Star Wars Black series today, I get them when they are available and pay no shipping even though they are shipping three different times.

That being said, Dorkside is always my back up.
Free shipping and odd product drops between Fan Channel Marvel and SW 2-3 figure waves. I’ll probably turnover to DS for more once the 90 day shipping hold is active.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

My main reason for using Pulse is they've never canceled a pre-order on me or had an unreasonable delay, where some of the other places often get shorted on stock and never fulfill my order. Not their fault, but I like the set it and forget it concept of Pulse. Particularly for Joes, where distribution is a hot mess, just preordering and having them ship roughly on time is huge for my stress. That being said, for in-stock stuff I go through DS or BBTS all the time instead. (I think I had three DS boxes show up this week because of some of the stuff they had in stock or on sale, which I canceled from Pulse - and canceling from Pulse is guilt-free, which it is not from an independent seller.)
mattmurdog
CROM!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Got SE off BBTS, EE has the best price, but their shipping was high. So into the pile of loot it goes!
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:45 pm

What a crazy day for figures dropping. I feel bad for BBTS dropping in and out. Just way too many people hitting their site all at once. I was able to preorder a 501st Clone Trooper though.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:48 pm

september_death wrote:
c_money_collins wrote:
vicious7171 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 pm

Free shipping if they have Premium.
That's why I go there first. Shipping. They also ship whenever stuff is available, so if I order Snake Eyes, 3.75 Star Wars, and Star Wars Black series today, I get them when they are available and pay no shipping even though they are shipping three different times.

That being said, Dorkside is always my back up.
Free shipping and odd product drops between Fan Channel Marvel and SW 2-3 figure waves. I’ll probably turnover to DS for more once the 90 day shipping hold is active.

Helpful hint about Pulse: If your order is over $50, you get free shipping anyway. Always worth checking there on the big drop days.

My Bodhi and 2 Old Republic troopers (totalling $50.97) will be shipped free. 8)

I PO'd SE and Timber from from Dorkside because BBTS was dropping in and out. No issues at all.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:08 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:04 pm
Wow. BBTS crashed. Hot damn.

That was painful but BBTS got the site back up and running.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:12 pm

Aggro Ninja wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:28 pm
vicious7171 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:19 pm
He's going quick on Pulse. Already up to 5.5k preorders out of an apparent 8k they're taking.
I’ll never understand why Pulse seems to be the “go to” for so many people. They seem to get everything in dead last. I usually end up cancelling Pulse orders because I’ve gotten it elsewhere first.
Free shipping.

Reliable. Never seen Pulse cancel orders like most other retailers do.

Good customer service in my experience.

Good cancellation policy if I need it.

I don’t really care about getting things first, or even last, I’m not an influencer or reviewer. These toys are still good if you get them a month after everyone else.

Plus it’s a lot easier to budget when you know something is coming last rather than “we said December but it ships randomly in July!” And if a figure turns out to be not what I was expecting from people rushing to get it first, I can just cancel it.
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:24 pm

Ordered from pulse and dorkside, but did not get a confirmation email from dorkside. Did this happen with anybody's dorkside order?
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:27 pm

Did SW stuff go up for sale as well as Snake-Eyes? So it's all that stuff combined which is causing a problem. They should have spread out the preorder dates better.

Ordered SE from Dorkside (they've been getting stuff early lately) and HasbroPulse.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:28 pm

EE's shipping is high. And it's ridiculously slow. It takes about a week to get to me, and I'm only about 20 miles away. I think the slow shipping option from Dorkside ends up being faster even though they're thousands of miles away.

I'm tempted by the 501st, but I'm not a fan of the battle damage. I'd prefer a clean look. I can add my own battle damage if needed.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:29 pm

docsilence wrote:
My main reason for using Pulse is they've never canceled a pre-order on me or had an unreasonable delay, where some of the other places often get shorted on stock and never fulfill my order. Not their fault, but I like the set it and forget it concept of Pulse. Particularly for Joes, where distribution is a hot mess, just preordering and having them ship roughly on time is huge for my stress. That being said, for in-stock stuff I go through DS or BBTS all the time instead. (I think I had three DS boxes show up this week because of some of the stuff they had in stock or on sale, which I canceled from Pulse - and canceling from Pulse is guilt-free, which it is not from an independent seller.)
Same, the only place that has cancelled on me has been Amazon. BBTS could have long delays but they too have always delivered my preorders to me eventually. So this round I went with BBTS and Pulse for SE/Timber. I did get an order in with EE at drop but the $10.50 shipping is expensive so I cancelled. I'm sure he would have arrived first from EE but I can wait a bit longer from BBTS. Pulse will be my backup if things don't work out with BBTS.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:34 pm

Not a surprised but Snake Eyes on Pulse sold out. He's still available at Dorkside, EE, and BBTS.

Now the wait begins and I'll be looking at those SE/Timber pictures on Pulse for weeks until the real deal arrives. So hyped that they made this set and thank god it's easy to order unlike Target exclusive stuff.
Chooch
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:58 pm

Two hours later and Pre-orders are still available at multiple sites. Should be a normal event, yet with this line is the shockingest (new word) news ever.
CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:14 pm

Just received Lady Jaye and a Cobra Trooper from Amazon. Still waiting on Zartan and another Cobra Trooper from another online retailer. I’m loving my GI Joe shelve so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 pm

Last week(maybe the week before?) I caughtthe GIJoe assortment in stock for shipping on walmart.com.

I'm caught up with everything at this point, but felt the urge to gamble.
It allowed a max of 2, so I placed an order.

Figured best case, I get two more infantry, worst case, I get two more of anyone else. 1 and 1 would be fine.

Said I'd get 2 day shipping, but they took just about a week to show up.

The box when it arrived was....a little rough.ImageImageImage

But.....I still got lucky.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”