G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:43 pm

I’m bot the vocal townsfolk grabbing my pitchfork, but they do deserve a good bit of negative attention. The Zartan wave apparently bot being able to meet preorder demand (including being indefinitely pushed back direct from Pulse) is laughable. I’m expecting no change when they get to Lady Jaye and Flint, who are already showing up but I believe we’re originally solicited for June. I know they aren’t going to throw Target under the bus, but the longer the issues carry on, the less people will blame retailers anyway.

At a minimum, they need to announce non-exclusive versions of all four remaining CI figures (Beachhead, Baroness, Firefly and Vipers). Other than the elephant in the room of availability, which will not be discussed, I think the other concern is the amount of releases. 2021 will have four releases going into June, barring any new announcements. But Hasbro seems to be trending a 3-6 month lead on preorders, so that very small number may not change.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:57 pm

september_death wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:43 pm
I’m bot the vocal townsfolk grabbing my pitchfork, but they do deserve a good bit of negative attention. The Zartan wave apparently bot being able to meet preorder demand (including being indefinitely pushed back direct from Pulse) is laughable.
This is the first I've heard of the Zatan wave being pushed back indefinitely on Pulse. His page still says expected 4/12 (so next week). Have things changed?
useasneeded4pain
Customized

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:33 pm

christianpyro wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:57 pm
This is the first I've heard of the Zatan wave being pushed back indefinitely on Pulse. His page still says expected 4/12 (so next week). Have things changed?
I can't speak to Pulse, but my Zartan preorder on Amazon got pushed from this week to May.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

G.I. Joe Classified Series

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:53 pm

Weren’t Zartan and the Trooper originally 3/1?
my kind of scum
Avengers Assemble

Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:30 pm

Got shipping notice from big bad toy store for lady jaye today. So I will have her before zartan or cobra infantry. Psyched to get her but I want my zartan! Ha.

New report on hisstank saying that major bludd is cobra island so I guess another fabulous target exclusive wave is on the way.
Chooch
Avengers Assemble

Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:50 pm

https://news.hisstank.com/2021/04/05/ne ... sive-72439

So possible Major Bludd is possibly Target Exclusive. If people weren't soaking their torches before...
gyrapados
Avengers Assemble

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:29 am

my kind of scum wrote:
Got shipping notice from big bad toy store for lady jaye today. So I will have her before zartan or cobra infantry. Psyched to get her but I want my zartan! Ha.

New report on hisstank saying that major bludd is cobra island so I guess another fabulous target exclusive wave is on the way.
This is what is maddening to me with this line.

I’m happy that you got the shipping notice for LJ from BBTS. I am.

But it just seems so arbitrarily random who gets what they’ve preordered and who continues to wait. Seems like there is no rhyme or reason to it.

And it’s a little frustrating too because preordering is essentially the only way you can find anything anymore since I guess stores have just given up on stocking anything at all. And then there’s the possibility of the preorder getting cancelled depending on who you order from.
And of course you don’t know when stuff will hit so it’s possible that of the figures you preorder, 10 could hit at one time or one. Or two.
If I didn’t love GI Joe as much as I do (and have since childhood), I think I’d probably just throw in the towel on this line.

Collecting is general is quickly going from fun to frustrating.
Fly4v
CROM!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:51 am

RoboKillah wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:36 pm
maverick10126 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:10 pm
Fly4v wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:40 am

Deservingly so.
Especially after the "Angry Fan" figure comment in the M.L. bad guy wave.
That joke was borderline....I've long been of the mindset that you can joke about anything, but it better be funny. That wasn't really funny and it almost seemed to be poking fun at fans who get upset about not being able to buy their products. It's just a weird position to take. They should want us to be able to buy their products. Our disappointment at not being able to buy their stuff should be because there's just too much great stuff for us to buy all at once...not because half the line has been exclusives and the line itself has only produced a small number of figures.
Do you fill all of their social media accounts and livestream chats with bile and hatred because every character choice should be catered to your personal wishlist while cussing about how every base body and paint color used doesn't match that one single comic issue from 1973, all while spamming one team about all the things wrong with a different line they have nothing to do with and complaining that the figures aren't $6 anymore? Do you make shitty comments about their race or how they talk in an attempt to get your point across?

No?

Then they ain't talking about you.
8)
And that highlights one side of the problem. Don't get personal.

Discuss the issue at hand, in this case distribution and availability of product and not attack the person.

As for things not looking like they did from a comic in 1973.
Was the comic scotch guarded and color tested? :rolleyes:
Fly4v
CROM!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:55 am

Chooch wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:50 pm
https://news.hisstank.com/2021/04/05/ne ... sive-72439

So possible Major Bludd is possibly Target Exclusive. If people weren't soaking their torches before...
Can't get Major Bludd. Now is the time to spill major blood.

:idea: or like Baroness, just figure out how to kitbash one myself.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:05 am

Fly4v wrote:
RoboKillah wrote:
maverick10126 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:10 pm
That joke was borderline....I've long been of the mindset that you can joke about anything, but it better be funny. That wasn't really funny and it almost seemed to be poking fun at fans who get upset about not being able to buy their products. It's just a weird position to take. They should want us to be able to buy their products. Our disappointment at not being able to buy their stuff should be because there's just too much great stuff for us to buy all at once...not because half the line has been exclusives and the line itself has only produced a small number of figures.
Do you fill all of their social media accounts and livestream chats with bile and hatred because every character choice should be catered to your personal wishlist while cussing about how every base body and paint color used doesn't match that one single comic issue from 1973, all while spamming one team about all the things wrong with a different line they have nothing to do with and complaining that the figures aren't $6 anymore? Do you make shitty comments about their race or how they talk in an attempt to get your point across?

No?

8)

Discuss the issue at hand, in this case distribution and availability of product and not attack the person.

Wait, which side are you condemning? And what does the Marvel team poking fun have to do with GIJoe distribution?
Fly4v
CROM!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:23 am

RoboKillah wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:05 am
Fly4v wrote:
RoboKillah wrote:

No?

8)

Wait, which side are you condemning? And what does the Marvel team poking fun have to do with GIJoe distribution?
I am not condemning anyone. Well, No I condemn racism and those that think speech impediments are funny.

The "angry" Marvel Legend joke is an unintended misrepresentation of Hasbro's attitude to over zealous fans.
It should serve as a warning to Joe fans that we may be the recipients of a poorly delivered joke.

It should also be an even clearer message, that these are just toys and supposed to be fun.

If someone can actually relate to being yelling action figure man in a cape.... Which Robo I don't think you do in anyway... I think you are somewhere between Guss and Beef Boss... but if anyone is yelling action figure man please let me know so I can give them a wide berth.
madflava
CROM!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:29 am

my kind of scum wrote:

Hmm, I preordered LJ and Flint from BBTS also. No notification that LJ is in my pile of loot. The gamestop release date for LJ and Flint just got pushed back to 4/20.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:05 am

I have Zartan and a bunch of Cobra Infantry preordered through the Pulse. They sent out emails last month saying they would be arriving late. I've never had the Pulse cancel anything on me so I'm not too worried.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Target shipped Flint and Lady Jay for me. I got Zartan coming inbound from DS but the Cobra infantry still seems unavailable.
madflava
CROM!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:47 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:48 pm
Target shipped Flint and Lady Jay for me. I got Zartan coming inbound from DS but the Cobra infantry still seems unavailable.
Dang, that is awesome. I guess some retail will ship out Flint and Lady Jaye in April. Target and BBTS already shipping and GameStop saying 4/20. I have them both preordered at BBTS and GameStop because I always want a backup.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”