G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 4788
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:22 pm

I’m hoping Tomax goes on sale sometime Monday. The Viper 3 pack sale seems to have ended. That was the one I was waiting for too because that “normal” price is just offensive IMO. Kamakura could stand to go down to $19.99 or below because that is where I think his value level actually is.
User avatar
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Maryland
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:30 pm

Seeing all this go on sale, I’ve cancelled all my preorders except for the Crimson Guard, and even that I’m debating cancelling. Sad that discounts are what are making question collecting in general, but it’s getting mentally exhausting chasing sales and always feeling foolish for paying up to twice what figures are going for.
User avatar
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Southeast MI
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:23 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:09 pm

Yeah, I've spent more on sale items in the last few weeks than I have in months, across multiple brands (GI Joe/Star Wars/MOTU). The supply chain seem to be improving, so I'm going to pull back on pre-orders for 2023 unless they're exclusives or something I think will be really hard to find.
User avatar
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2427
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:35 pm

I paid full price on the Vipers, against my better judgement. Back in June, I was getting frustrated trying to get a second Amazon Roadblock at regular price, now he's $15.99. At least I waited on the ninja pack until it was $32.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 43139
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:24 pm

I missed the ninja 2pk sale, but left it in my cart to monitor. Also added the Viper 3pk. I was in no hurry for either, and I'd just like one set of each. More power to those of you who can wait until every Black Friday/Cyber Monday/holiday season to wait for sales. Even more daring are those who wait for retail clearance, because that's so spotty, regional, and unpredictable. I imagine the savings could add up, but a full year of waiting around isn't exactly worth it to me. I don't mind paying for peace of mind that I'll have the figures I want. I wish there were more people who would insist on waiting for sales, ideally that would send a message that prices should be lower.
User avatar
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 19218
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:32 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:03 pm

Mindbender arrived today. Real nice figure, although mine unfortunately has the staining on the shoulders from the cape. Acetone lightened them up a bit, but there’s definitely still some noticeably left behind.

Serpentor could’ve used some alternate hands but Mindbender almost *needs* them. His guns are kind of lame and he’s not someone I need holding a gun at all. But a nice open hand to hold this skull or brain? That would’ve been cool. (His little Knick knacks ARE cool. Although I don’t know about $50 cool)
Boke18
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 568
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:52 pm

I feel at this point if it's not an exclusive there really isn't a point to preordering. Not only are you able to find stuff in store more many of these products are available at multiple retailers.

Like someone stated above. The supply chain is improved. That evident by all these toys and preorders dropping at once it seems like lol.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 4788
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:44 am

The only thing that makes me want to preorder certain Joes and Transformers still from Hasbro is that windowless packaging problem. As both an opener and MOC collector, the longer I wait for the items to hit or stay on the shelves, the higher chance my MOC figure will end up a swapped toy. I’ve seen a notable rise of swapped toys at my local Targets and Walmarts. Some better executed than others.
User avatar
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2427
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:22 am

I'm trying hard not to order Dusty from Gamestop.

I captured this shot from today's FwooshCast at the 33:12 mark :lol:
Image
User avatar
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 19218
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:32 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:05 am

Image

Really feeling like this collection is coming together with the latest batch of releases.
User avatar
CaptainRon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 3057
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:29 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:27 pm

NORM wrote:I missed the ninja 2pk sale, but left it in my cart to monitor. Also added the Viper 3pk. I was in no hurry for either, and I'd just like one set of each. More power to those of you who can wait until every Black Friday/Cyber Monday/holiday season to wait for sales. Even more daring are those who wait for retail clearance, because that's so spotty, regional, and unpredictable. I imagine the savings could add up, but a full year of waiting around isn't exactly worth it to me. I don't mind paying for peace of mind that I'll have the figures I want. I wish there were more people who would insist on waiting for sales, ideally that would send a message that prices should be lower.
Ninja 2pk is back down to $31 on Amazon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 43139
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:32 pm

CaptainRon wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:27 pm
NORM wrote:I missed the ninja 2pk sale, but left it in my cart to monitor. Also added the Viper 3pk. I was in no hurry for either, and I'd just like one set of each. More power to those of you who can wait until every Black Friday/Cyber Monday/holiday season to wait for sales. Even more daring are those who wait for retail clearance, because that's so spotty, regional, and unpredictable. I imagine the savings could add up, but a full year of waiting around isn't exactly worth it to me. I don't mind paying for peace of mind that I'll have the figures I want. I wish there were more people who would insist on waiting for sales, ideally that would send a message that prices should be lower.
Ninja 2pk is back down to $31 on Amazon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I grabbed a set. I still get a feeling this one could drop down further as well. Amazon tends to have random lightning deals between Cyber Monday and Christmas.
User avatar
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Southeast MI
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:23 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:21 pm

I was able to snag Xamot for $16 and some change yesterday from Amazon. I was really hoping Tomax would drop in price today so I could have the pair, but so far he's still full price.
User avatar
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader
Location: I'm with Iron Man.
Posts: 21549
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:30 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:Image

Really feeling like this collection is coming together with the latest batch of releases.
Awesome setup, Boy Wonder! I just rewatched Arise, Serpentor, Arise! over the weekend. We really are getting a lot of the characters from the show all in a row with Serpentor, Mindbender, Sergeant Slaughter, and then the BATs from before.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Wooster, OH
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:52 pm

Just got the notification that Mindbender has been delivered! Now to anxiously await getting off work to check it out!

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”