G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Blackestday
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:36 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:29 pm
Missing out on the Serpentor order window is a bit of a bummer for me, but not exactly devastating. Had it been on a weekday I would have been sitting at my desk working and have been easily able to log in an snag the exclusives with no issue - as I did with the items they dropped Friday. But, I get that others may have the opposite problem where they can't order during a sale window during work hours. So this change benefits them but not me. So, selfishly I wish G.I. Joe had been part of Friday's program so I could have the toys I want.

I'm also on the West coast, so the 5 pm window is actually 2 pm for me. Had the sale gone live at 5 pm my time I would have been available and got the package - but 2 pm on a Saturday is the busiest window of my entire week, every week. I was hopeful the figure would last longer than the hour it did so I might have a chance to get it. Sometimes the exclusives sell out in a hot minute and sometimes they don't. I do like the chariot and would have happily paid the asking price, but not enough to skip my son's soccer game.

I understand that I could have prioritized acquiring this toy over my son if it had really mattered to me. It didn't. If that means I'm not a big enough fan to have this, so be it.
the serpentor page has the "email me when available" option again. it was there right after he sold out saturday for a while then went away. not sure how long it has been back.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:19 pm

aceofknaves wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:30 pm
Other than the lack of the shirt, I dress like Mindbender all the time, including when I go to Walmart.
Funny, I dress as Serpentor myself. I don't need all the extras Mindbender came with so a regular release suits me fine. Serpentor needs that chariot for me though. Serpentor also seems to be a mostly new sculpt so Hasbro will want to recoup the costs. I wouldn't be surprised if we flash forward a few years and see everyone here saying the umpteenth repaint of Serpentor is peg warming like Gung-Ho and Lady Jaye at their stores! The figure alone or the chariot alone doesn't defeat the purpose of this set being exclsuive. I know some collectors get mad when their preciouses get released exactly the same at retail. Plenty of options to get both items out to collectors again. Hopefully Python Patrol or Crimson Guard versions are not the way they choose though!

Hindsight is always 20/20 so we shouldn't be chastising and telling people what they should have done to get these figures. You could have gotten a premium membership and still end up with that alone being the only thing you buy from Pulse this weekend! :lol:
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:30 am

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:50 pm
so everyone needs to stop bitching! I mean at the end of the day this is still a 6" plastic snake clone dude riding a snake themed air chariot right?!

Whoa whoa, correction.... he's a 6" snake KING dude riding a snake chariot... :ugh:
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:32 am

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:39 pm
I'm jumping back into this line (god help me...).
Dont do it. wallet will regret it.
kltpzyxm
Super Poseable

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:48 am

Night Wolf wrote:
Zombie F-Body wrote:
so everyone needs to stop bitching! I mean at the end of the day this is still a 6" plastic snake clone dude riding a snake themed air chariot right?!

Whoa whoa, correction.... he's a 6" snake KING dude riding a snake chariot... :ugh:
Well he was a clone. And technically he was an emperor which usually has a couple-few kings under their suzerainty. Does really like snakes, but he was raised that way. 1986 to 1988 Serpentor was a two-year old.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:14 am

Night Wolf wrote:
Zombie F-Body wrote:

My bad! :lol:
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:14 am

i mean Emperor, thats what meant to say lol i type faster tham my brain
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:33 am

I was surprised to see Smale-Eyes/Timber v2 on BBTS' front page this morning. I halfheartedly preordered one from Amazon back when they were listed. Like the Viper three pack, I wasn't really excited about them and only preordered from Amazon rather than the usual DS and BBTS. Trying to decide if I should toss SE in my POL.
Nik
CROM!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:30 pm

mrboshek wrote:
I was surprised to see Smale-Eyes/Timber v2 on BBTS' front page this morning. I halfheartedly preordered one from Amazon back when they were listed. Like the Viper three pack, I wasn't really excited about them and only preordered from Amazon rather than the usual DS and BBTS. Trying to decide if I should toss SE in my POL.
That typo has me cry-laughing right now. "This is my favorite Joe, his name is Smale-Eyes. He has small, male eyes. That smell."
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:36 pm

kltpzyxm wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:48 am
Night Wolf wrote:
Zombie F-Body wrote:

Well he was a clone. And technically he was an emperor which usually has a couple-few kings under their suzerainty. Does really like snakes, but he was raised that way. 1986 to 1988 Serpentor was a two-year old.
Ahh.. the terrible twos. They can be a handful at that age.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:59 pm

The more I look at Falcon, the more I’m feeling ripped off. He really does need a secondary sidearm and holster whether it be waist or leg. Flint carries a shotgun too but even he has a pistol. That knife on his harness should be removable and I don’t even mind the faux shirt. He should also carry some form of automatic rifle that can be attached to his backpack. I love Falcon but the accessories are lacking with him.
Nik
CROM!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Stalker is on his way to my Pile of Loot!
Mannie_Bothans
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:06 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:51 pm
Mannie_Bothans wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:58 pm
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:39 pm
I'm jumping back into this line (god help me...). What was the difference between the Target Cobra Infantry and the regular release? Just the packaging?

Cobra Island - large rifle, arm sleeve, goggles, and darker vest.

I'm literally new in the rabbit hole with you just discovering this one too. Good luck trying to find Cobra Island Vipers :( :( :(
Might be better off with the Viper 3 pack.
^ Logic says this is the way I should do it, just settling for the 3-pack, but my dumbass brain wants the more vibrant colors from Cobra Island. I'm still trying for them. Watching eBay/Mercari vigilantly. :drool:
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:03 pm

Nik wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:30 pm
mrboshek wrote:
That typo has me cry-laughing right now. "This is my favorite Joe, his name is Smale-Eyes. He has small, male eyes. That smell."
:lol: I have no idea if that's weird auto correction or I was posting too early in the morning.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:22 am

Friend of mine just had Stalker, Xamot, Tomax, and the Viper three pack all ship from Amazon in the US out of nowhere.

I was able to quickly cancel my Viper three pack — expecting it to go on sale down the line due to the price.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”