G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:50 pm

Seems to be the same polarized views on this hobby that I've heard for decades! It's a hobby to some (like me, and I managed to get one because I have no life and was refreshing the page constantly while watching Weekend at Bernies' with my dog) or it's an all consuming lifestyle for others. Yes, I know most of us are probably somewhere more in the middle. $50 is a small bill payment for me and I rarely buy from HTS. I was thinking about doing Premium before he went up to enhance my odds but that would turn a questionable $80 purchase into an $130 (plus taxes) purchase. To take full advantage of my $50 expenditure I'd just have to buy more stuff over the year. That's like your GF saying she saved you $50 by buying something expensive she didn't need to begin with on sale! Didn't seem cost effective for me. C'est la vie though!

The first time I was exposed to this was when Botcon had the remaining Classics Seekers in the yearly convention set. A lot of people were like, why not put them out at stores. I heard people make the comment that we all knew about he convention and if we really wanted them that bad we should have gone or paid $600 for a absentee set in the mail. One person actually said he missed a mortgage, car insurance and child support payment to be able to afford to fly to the convention and buy the figures! He EARNED the RIGHT to have a complete team of Classics Seekers so everyone needs to stop bitching! I mean at the end of the day this is still a 6" plastic snake clone dude riding a snake themed air chariot right?!
psoul95
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:04 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
psoul95 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:09 pm
Question about pulse premium:

If I decide to purchase premium, will I get free shipping for all the preorders I have?
Only if you cancel and re-order while Premium.

It's based on whether Premium is active at the time the order is initially placed.

The reverse also works. If I'm Premium now, I place a preorder that ships in March, and my Premium expires in January, it still ships free.

Shipping is set when the preorder is made.
Thank you. Super helpful
BAT
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:30 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:52 pm
Another thing about serpentor…does anyone really think he won’t be released again with a slightly different paint deco? They have done so with most figures in the line. I’m sure he’ll get a similarly frustrating Walmart release at some point. Or fan channels will get a batch way down the road.
The rereleases of exclusives have been inferior versions of the originals with less accessories, sometimes at the same pricepoint as the better version (Cobra Island Trooper, Mindbendef, Zartan). Loss aversion is a real thing and I don't want Hasbro to ask $80 down the line for a Serpentor with less accessories and paint deco.

I'm bewildered by the impulse of average joes to defend crappy corporate decisions and minimize the complaints of those questioning those decisions...
gingaio
Super Poseable

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:09 am

Samael13 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:03 pm
Count Drunkula wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:21 pm

Ok, now I got it. The Pulse Premium hour did not sell out. At all. The open buying hour sold out almost instantly.

That is NOT the same as an "instant sellout," nor does it involve "bots" or people somehow cheating.

It means that Pulse Premium members (and, due to a page exploit, a few non-members) bought up the majority - but not all - of the stock in an hour.

So basically all of the horror, anger, butthurt, etc. is a great load of nonsense. You want the figure? Join Pulse. That has been the takeaway for a while now. Considering it gives you free shipping, and how high shipping costs have gotten, the shipping on Mindbender and Serpentor exclusives alone would have practically paid for the Pulse membership, never mind any other purchases you might make throughout the year.
Such empathy.
Personally, I don't think an hour and six minutes is a particularly long sale period for something, or that it's nonsense for people to be annoyed at such a short period of time to get something, but, hey, ymmv.
YMMV indeed.

Preorder nights for DX Chogokins (and for many other collectibles, I'm sure) are usually fraught with sellouts that are measured in seconds, not minutes or hours. This hour that I had to leisurely purchase Serpentor after purchasing a Premium Membership? Felt like a lifetime. Wish more companies would give me an option like that, instead of tossing me into the unwashed mosh pit of fellow nerds to duke it out.

I agree with Drunkula's sentiment, though I may not have put it that bluntly. But yeah, assuming you're informed ahead of time that it's a limited Pulse release, and assuming you knew what time it was going to be released, then you had your chance to ensure that you got the item. Otherwise, you were taking the risk that you wouldn't get it, and for a lot of people, they were cool with leaving it to chance.

That said, I understand all the reasons some may have missed the release time (I would have, too, had I not watched the Pulse informercial/presentation on YouTube). I do feel for those who bought the membership and still missed out. Double-punch in the nuts. Though I heard from another collector that you might be able to get your membership refunded if you end up not being able to use it because of shenanigans like this.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:36 am

I feel lucky I snaked by at 6pm and ordered him before going back to assess the other drops I wanted.
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:45 am

I'm loving most of the reveals, but most of my budget is going to ML. Grrr
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:56 am

Just the ML, TF, and GI Joe exclusives for me. I got most of the other pre-order releases through Amazon. I'm not stressing the ones I missed since it'll probably be almost a year until they start sticking online. Or again, they can all ship in a week! We don't really know these days! I think I just missed Dark Phoenix (got the TRU version so not stressing missing this one) and Spiral. Spiral is the big one I want to lock down. Just wanted Falcon and Cover Girl and the Joe front and managed to order them.
BAT
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:15 am

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Seems to be the same polarized views on this hobby that I've heard for decades! It's a hobby to some ... or it's an all consuming lifestyle for others. ... I mean at the end of the day this is still a 6" plastic snake clone dude riding a snake themed air chariot right?!
Right! Thank you. God forbid I complain that I spent $50 on a premium membership and still missed this thing because I had the temerity to take my kids to a bday party on a Saturday and logged in minutes after 6 to find it was already gone. Minute I or others suggest that maybe Hasbro could figure a way to sell this line without turning us into all hours on-call futures traders, I gotta have a cadre of internet rando commandos show up, flexing to herniation and telling me my problem is I don't have the *Drive* to collect action figures.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:21 am

It took me more than a day but it just hit me the genius of giving polly a peg leg, that is just freaking hilarious.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:41 am

Spocks_Goatee wrote:
why even post this comment? weird.
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:52 am

Night Wolf wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:41 am
Spocks_Goatee wrote:
why even post this comment? weird.
It's the first time I've liked a whole wave of Classifieds and wanted more than just one or two.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:55 am

BAT wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:15 am
Zombie F-Body wrote:
Seems to be the same polarized views on this hobby that I've heard for decades! It's a hobby to some ... or it's an all consuming lifestyle for others. ... I mean at the end of the day this is still a 6" plastic snake clone dude riding a snake themed air chariot right?!
Right! Thank you. God forbid I complain that I spent $50 on a premium membership and still missed this thing because I had the temerity to take my kids to a bday party on a Saturday and logged in minutes after 6 to find it was already gone. Minute I or others suggest that maybe Hasbro could figure a way to sell this line without turning us into all hours on-call futures traders, I gotta have a cadre of internet rando commandos show up, flexing to herniation and telling me my problem is I don't have the *Drive* to collect action figures.
I just wish everyone can get what they want. That's what we're here for. The unironic collector flexing just seems odd to me. I'm already a middle-aged dude that collects toys, if I start the flexing routine it's time to hang it up! Hopefully those that put in email availability requests get a chance to order soon.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:36 am

Sorry BAT and anyone else who missed out on Serpentor. I'm not surprised he sold out so fast, and that's not really a compliment towards Hasbro for an admittedly nice product, but a dig for pushing FOMO to drive prices higher and higher. I suppose these things were probably made well before the HISSTANK sold so many copies, but they should have known better and made more Serpentors. Hopefully they do a repaint; I could see him easily selling as a single-pack figure with yellow instead of gold and with a darker green.

Personally I was fine passing on him, price was high but he did look nice. Gladly pre-ordered Crimson BAT, BBQ, Cover Girl, and Outback. Falcon looked similar to Dusty, in that he's very boring. I do appreciate the "wave one"-style communicator on his shoulder but the webgear attached to his shirt and lack of accessories just isn't cutting it. He needs MORE. A leg holster for a pistol would be welcome but I'm not going to strip a better figure for one.

Cover Girl, being the only other new figure to go up for preorder, looks great. Glad Joes are nailing the female characters because I love buying female figures. The text on BAT's chest is really neat, although I do find it a bummer that he says 2022 but is slated for 2023 release. Very excited for Torpedo, he will likely be a top 5 figure in the line for me.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:56 am

I wonder if Hasbro can somehow allow Pulse members the ability to lockdown exclusives for a certain amount of time like a couple of days. Maybe give Pulse members the ability to choose an on/off feature in their account that automatically sets aside exclusives from the brands they want. Let it have a one or two day grace period and if it’s not bought the items go back to regular stock for other members and non members to buy if they want. It may suck for non members but it may make the member experience better than having to crash the site the second the preorders go live. That way members can log in at different times of the day where it’s easier to make the purchase.

Or…..just make more figures for everyone in the first place.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:57 am

I've got the flu, so I was asleep in bed yesterday when Serpentor went up.

I would have liked him, but I really don't need the chariot. If they release a regular retail version by himself, I'll grab him, but otherwise I can live without.

I ordered Cover Girl & Outback on Amazon, and will wait for Shipwreck to go up. The female trooper intrigues me, so I might get one them to make an even 4 troopers in my Cobra ranks.

Then it's just the Noks for me and I think I'll be close to complete for what I feel I need.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics